Sign in to follow this  
Pyrit.

Get to Know - Jonáš Prstek - Junior Analyst

vigorteam_jonas.thumb.jpg.c7f0fe5313d546702cea0f4bf289bd4c.jpg

▶ What do you do on Vigor?

I am analyst, I provide my colleagues with information on in-game statistics, take care of dashboards, answer tricky questions and so on.

▶ What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?

I work with records of stuff happening in the game, stored in rather big spreadsheets. They contain many many numbers, 5 or 127 or 0,0012 to name a few - they are not too impressive when they are alone like that, so I use huge pitchfork called SQL to make few big informative numbers out of heaps of smaller ones. Such numbers can assist my colleagues with making decisions or just make our audience on social media chuckle about hundreds of people crushed by airdrop.

▶ What do you like about Vigor?

I like the tempo of the game, it is not as frantic as many modern battle royale games and it rewards patience and wits. I like the tension, hiding in a bush and waiting for your chance. I also fancy the setting a lot.

▶ What do you want to see in Vigor?

Hundreds of thousands of players enjoying the game.

▶ What do you do when you are not making Vigor?

I like going to gigs, playing drums and table football, also chatting over a couple of beers in a pub.

▶ Did game dev change your view on the games and how?

I am amazed at how many different professions and talents are contributing to making the company and a particular game tick.

▶ Your favorite games and why?

I like numbers heavy games like Football Manager or Patrician series or Paradox grand strategies, spreadsheets are my thing generally. Too bad I usually can’t do much more table-staring when I come home from work.

Hypnospace Outlaw, Life & Death: The Brain, Liberal Crime Squad, Octodad: Deadliest Catch because bizzare makes me happy.

80 days, Stanley Parable, Kentucky Route Zero, I like to get immersed in a good story.

▶ What's your favorite music, movie, show, book and why?

Most gigs I attend involve loud guitars, stuff in my headphones is mostly hip-hop.

My favorite movie is called Wrong Cops. I am also a huge fan of Russian cinema.

Bojack Horseman and Czech classic Hospoda are shows I am most fond of at the moment, mostly because of bits of comedy in otherwise dark personal stories.

I don’t read much fiction lately, maybe after I finish Wikipedia.

▶ Is there something that you want to say to our community?

Play Vigor, provide feedback, generate data. Thank you, you are doing great so far.

▶ You are Outlander; humanity has fallen. What would you do?

I find it hard to imagine myself not perishing alongside humanity, as I am a very comfortable city dweller. If I could somehow survive and embark on a big long term project, I would probably try to utilize my naval knowledge from Patrician III, Sid Meier’s Pirates! and Silent Hunter III, build something seaworthy and ship me to some more hospitable climate.

Bonus Question from Alucard

▶How would you measure fun in games?

Tricky one. One would say that simply measuring time spent in or frequency of returning to a game is a good metric, but there might be periods of being stuck or grinding which are less funny. I think it is important to include some sort of qualitative research, meaning we should measure time and activity of the player, but it has to be complemented with actually asking the players how they liked it, in some structured way. Only once we have all this information, we can weight in all the factors, go through numbers and say with satisfactory confidence that given game is meh.

• Like 2