POLPOX

POLPOX MODs and Projects - News and General Discussion

Welcome! This is my very own place to announce a new MOD, and discussion. Thank you for this idea, Gunter Severloh.

List of my MODs and Projects (mostly on Steam Workshop):

POLPOX's Better Bootcamp Translation

• お客様の中に日本人はいらっしゃいませんか?それもArma 3を始めたばかりの方。ブートキャンプキャンペーンの翻訳を改善します。(Is there any Japaneses who just started to play Arma 3 here? This improves the translation of Bootcamp.)

POLPOX's Artwork Supporter

POLPOX's AAN 2035 Resources

• This small MOD just adds 2035-style AAN World News resource.
  • Fun fact: I didn't know Moricky is making the same thing while I'm making this.
  • Forums topic available.

POLPOX's Jets Modex

• Just randomizes hull numbers/Modex of fighter jets/UCAVs from Arma 3 Jets.
  • Also lets you to change numbers easily.

POLPOX's UV Checker

POLPOX's Quick Death

• This lets you to die fast and restart a mission quickly.

Getting Rid of 2035

• If you're not a fan of 2035 setting, and want to play with full of MOD, you can use this to remove most of vanilla assets.

Retextured CBRN Suits

• This small experimental project adds Yellow, Light Blue and Black colors to CBRN suits collection.

VTOL Hover Controller

• Want to hover your VTOLs easily and safely? Just add this to your MODs collection.

Customized Thermal - Proof of Concept

• This is not a really big one, but might change someone's gameplay.
  • Inspired by Battlefield 3.

Ladder Tweak

Behind the Artwork Supporter - How to Animate

• Detailed tutorial to make your own (static) animations - you can also find the rig to make face expressions!

CJK Font Fix (Lite/Full Package)

• Sayonara, thin fonts.
  • For Chinese, Japanese and Korean soldiers.

POLPOX's Base Functions

• Literally, it's about base functions around my projects.
  • Showcase mission's here.

Virtual Reality Lighting Replace

• You don't need to load Stratis to see the lighting anymore.

Stargazer

• You found the stars.
  • A simple mission that isn't quite a “mission.” Just watch stars, in literally.

Accurate Arsenal/Eden Icons

• Vanilla icons in Arsenal and Eden Editor aren't accurate to show required DLCs, so this is what to fix it.

BigMoon / CageMoon

• Titles say everything. Change the moon model.

Plane Loadout Everywhere

• Change your vehicles' loadouts on-the-fly(not actually meh), in-the-mission!

Digital Kompass

• Just adds faster way to find direction.

Simple MapTools

• Adds various tools to the map to learn the islands!

Arsenal Search

• To search items from Arsenal... do I need to explain it when the name says everything? :P

Blurry Laser

• Blurry, blurry... It's just blurry IR laser! Just for you if you don't like sharp IR lasers.
Spoiler

Project Argo Rearmed

• Bring back some assets from the past, to the present. Some assets from Argo, is here!

More to come...?

Note, I won't update my development diary here. Usually diaries will be up in A3 HUB Discord server or my Twitter account (which you'll find nothing useful).

If you want to report some issue about my MODs, you need detailed situations (such as MOD collections, how and when)!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Your Calm Animations script is not here? That one is still my favourite and we use it all the time in missions. AI still don't react to gun fire but we like it none the less!

21 minutes ago, anfo said:

Your Calm Animations script is not here? That one is still my favourite and we use it all the time in missions. AI still don't react to gun fire but we like it none the less!

TBH I'm cosnidering that script is obsolete, and need refactoring. A lot of garbage codes which is never tweaked for years. Also, (changed my mind,) thinking about releasing the script as a plain .sqf is not a good idea, which is really hard to up-to-date.

I'm planning to make my functions MOD and want to implement the new and better counterpart into it, but no ETA nor actual works yet. So, this is why it's not here.

• Like 3

Excellent, looking forward to it.

the CSAT helmets are very useful..... thanks!

iyodvo.jpg
2ik5xsg.jpg

Important: Project Argo Rearmed is hidden now.

• Sad 1

Important: Project Argo Rearmed is not available anymore due to Agreement violation. I'm terribly sorry to Bohemia Interactive, and you. Currently there's no plan to make a MOD to import assets from Argo Community Kit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Since project Argo is completely dead  I really hope BI  will not waste this nice resources and add them to Arma3 themselves at some point :)

POLPOX's Base Functions got an update. v1.1, small one but probably the most important for some.

Also new MOD: Virtual Reality Lighting Replace is here. This is intended to lighting test.

• Like 3

Happy new year! I almost forgot about this topic lmao, but here's the latest development: VTOL Handling Tweak becomes VTOL Hover Controller and now works with every VTOLs including unofficial VTOLs! Subscribe now if you want to hover and land VTOLs safely!

• Like 4

Want to learn stars? Stargazer is the mission just to gaze the stars. Maybe more updates are coming, but no promise. Currently it covers 90+ stars only, but it's ready to go. Now out the room and look up the sky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Accurate Arsenal/Eden Icons is my latest MOD to fix icon issue in Arsenal and Eden Editor - you ever noticed there's the icon of DLC on the assets that don't require DLC to use? This is what to fix this issue!

• Like 3

Brilliant idea. Nothing is more of a show stopper than having group members unable to join a mission because of missing DLC.

As with your other stuff, this mod makes the must have list for mission-makers!

On 2/5/2020 at 1:00 AM, LSValmont said:

Can you make the moon also brighter and emit shadows like on the Livonia Campaign?

I think I could, but I don't think I'll make one. Don't want to make something that would affect gameplay.

As you might noticed in the Workshop page, Plane Loadout Everywhere is the latest MOD to gain access to Dynamic Loadouts. You can put desired munitions into your jets and helicopters!

Oh, also I applied some MODs to brand new and unified thumbnails. You can recognize my MODs easily in Workshop!

• Like 1

Digital Kompass and Simple MapTools are the latest MODs, go check and subscribe if you miss yourself in the warzone! Both add faster and easy way to find yourself.

• Like 1

Ever bothered to search the weapon you actually wanted to use in Arsenal? This is Arsenal Search, the MOD to search items from Arsenal list!

Also, you may already noticed that I've a Ko-fi account now. If you've an extra wallet and cheer me up, bring a coffee!

• Like 4

Just to say BIG thanks! For all your little mods which makes BIG differences! This time is simple map tools! Thanks so much!

Late to post, but better than never - Blurry Laser is my latest MOD, just to make IR lasers blurry! If you dislike sharp edge-lasers, go for it.

• Like 2

Your work is amazing. I don't use all of these mods but they are really well done. Great work. We have a question about the Simple MapTools mod.... how do you actually enable it?

One of the players on our server is trying to use it. He has the mod loaded up. And jumps on our server. How can he load the map tool while in-game? Is it a key bind? Does it show up in his arsenal as an object to place in his inventory? Thank you for what you have contributed to the community.