Sign in to follow this  
Varathius

I wish Bohemia would make Helicopter and Tank campaign

After having played again through Arma 2 EW, as well as tank and helicopter missions in Arma 3, it can be concluded that BI has a huge potential, I mean, huuuuuge, in making the next "Team Apache/Comanche" and "Armored Fist" games, emphasizing in a helicopter and tank campaign. It is really a shame to have that slip aside. Imagine playing through a 15-25 hr campaign as a crew chief or tank commander, with the voice acting. I am looking forward for Arma 3 Contact of course, but my point being, the potential is endless. I would totally love to play East Wind as a tank commander or gunship pilot. 

I mean, all is there available to them to make that happen. Sure, there are mods, but mods do not have the funds, contacts nor means to bring up the voice acting and mix it with the current lore of the game as BI can do.

OFP had those in the main campaign and they worked very good but with the combination of A3 complexity and AI's age it means AI driving/flying will crap itself more often than a psychotic pigeon. Probably one of the reasons that A3 campaign was so focused on infantry.

Eagle Wing in A2 was amazing though because you were basically  a lone wolf.

33 minutes ago, krycek said:

OFP had those in the main campaign and they worked very good but with the combination of A3 complexity and AI's age it means AI driving/flying will crap itself more often than a psychotic pigeon. Probably one of the reasons that A3 campaign was so focused on infantry.

Eagle Wing in A2 was amazing though because you were basically  a lone wolf.

I played through the first tank mission in Arma 2 arrowhead just hours ago and I encountered basically no bugs except the tank kicking me out during a cut-scene. The Bradleys followed me, did their job, I did mine, it was just annoying to hear the constant tank commander spam messages, but that particular mission was amazing.

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

Thanks, I wanted it to be single player based, upon a good story and atmosphere, like Arma 3 had (and Apex).  MP bores me because at some point you always have the same elite players over and over and over dominate the field (like the Wipeouts in KoTH, etc). 

15 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Callsign Minotaur is a singleplayer, armored vehicle centric campaign that you play as a CSAT soldier. The campaign has voicing acting, and is considered one of the best user made campaigns. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835526985

Thanks ! I will give this a go. From all the campaigns I played so far, some were really good but what got me was always the voice acting, it just takes away from the immersion for me when there is either none or like kids voices in special forces characters or foreign accents on US-UK vehicles etc.

• Like 2