Variable.A

Dark Zone Terrain WIP

Hello, I thought i will share with you some first screens and a clip from new terrain I am working on.

Its designed for those who dig the zombie themed Arma 3 gameplay. Map is inspired by Division 2 Washington DC map.

It is still WIP but should be ready within 1-2 months.

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-02-51-12-13.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-01-01-60.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-03-41-77.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-05-12-58.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-05-43-92.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-07-42-35.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-10-30-63.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-11-18-11.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-12-02-19.jpg

Arma3-x64-2019-07-15-03-12-43-06.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Hell yeah. :rthumb:

Well done Variable.A ! ( as always ! )  :thumbs-up:

This is really beyond and looks quite promising !

Is there any possibility to get also an open big building ?

It would be great to have a such models available !

• Like 1

Love the screens. A lot of that stuff reminds me of the Division 2, especially the containment walls. 

• Like 1

This looks great.  Would definitely bring me back to arma and dl this terrain.   Good luck and god speed.   This could easily be pvp match, rogues vs the division agents.  Minus the alts skills, seekers, Bfb, turrents, heal spam and chicken dancing.  Please dont add chkn dancing.  

I have to ask, where did you get all of the custom buildings? Are they all made by yourself or was another building pack released in the armaverse? 

• Like 2

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I would love to see the map overview? How big? I WANT THIS theme/style for an Exile server!! HMU twitter.com/ViBrationNC or twitch.tv/ViBrationNCRage 

Looks very atmospheric, good choice of music too, haven't listened to Lustmord in a long time. 🙂

Most buildings and tents are my own models. Some are 3D models that i ported from cadnav.

Majority of buildings are simple GEO shapes unfortunatelly not enterable in most cases.

Might change after first release if reception is good.

Textures are from textures.com or places like this :

https://www.cgbookcase.com/textures/three-lane-road-wet-01

https://www.cgbookcase.com/textures/?category=All&resolution=1&page=1&color=all&search=road

So far the city is quite large, certainly much larger than Kavala for instance. Before I screen the layout i need to finish few more things.

• Like 7

absolutley amazing so far, gave me chills, the atmosphere, design, amazing. what actually was the song used? I know lustmord but i cant remember what one. keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Wow, that looks amazing! Can't wait to play some PVP on that Map 😄

• Like 1

This looks incredible, something really different with some amazing new assets. Keep it up! 

• Like 1

Due to all of the last 5 posts over the last 30 days violating the forum rules, I will lock this thread now.

If the Author wants to continue he can contact any moderators via a PM or via the "Report Post" functionality and this thread will be unlocked again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Map is great so far. Though some bugs and stuff to point out for you to check up on in future updates:

-in the NW section of the map, theres a large grey building covering the road

-in the mid southern part of the map in the park area theres trees on the walkways and roads

-And this one heres a bit more of a personal suggestion, Any chance you can remove the CH-47's just littering the helipads on the map? they kind of contrast quite a bit with the setting if you arnt using the fog

On 11/15/2019 at 4:24 AM, LykosMactire said:

Map is great so far. Though some bugs and stuff to point out for you to check up on in future updates:

-in the NW section of the map, theres a large grey building covering the road

-in the mid southern part of the map in the park area theres trees on the walkways and roads

-And this one heres a bit more of a personal suggestion, Any chance you can remove the CH-47's just littering the helipads on the map? they kind of contrast quite a bit with the setting if you arnt using the fog

There are modules in Eden that can hide objects you don't want (until the author perhaps fixes the issues). Have you tried this?