ZN Anhor

Vehicle Repair Script

I know theres some scripts out there for advanced vehicle repairs ........ but did they work with the latest Exile version?

My second problem is, I use absolutly no Exile or Vanilla Vehicles on my server. Will this scripts work with Mod Vehicles?

Thx for assistance.

6 hours ago, ZN Anhor said:

I know theres some scripts out there for advanced vehicle repairs ........ but did they work with the latest Exile version?

My second problem is, I use absolutly no Exile or Vanilla Vehicles on my server. Will this scripts work with Mod Vehicles?

Thx for assistance.

1) Both Bones50 script work. I use Super Advanced Vehicle Repair Script.
2) Your vehicle spawning is probably broken. You mix things up , vehicle spawners are not repair scripts. Separate the two. Repair script just looks at an already spawned vehicle hitpoints and offer you options to fix damaged ones and salvage parts. As for spawning , sometimes people overwrite exile vanilla files without really understanding if it needs an overwrite or merge.  The fix depends on what system you using to spawn vehicles (exile, AVS, alternative spawner...) and what additions/changes you did to your server. That would be your job to figure out , I guess.

Thx for your assistance @chernaruski and @Irkutsk86, but it seems this is a missunderstanding.

The motto of my server is Vietnam 1968 ......... and therefore there are no Exile or Vanilla vehicles. We use only vehicles of "Unsung Vietnam War Mod", which also applies to all weapons, loot and other equipment.

There are no free vehicles on our server (by decision), these must all be bought from a trader. (As we say on our server or website: we do NOT play Exile, it´s just a kind of framework for us)

So the question is if the repair scripts work WITH these vehicles? (because the author mentioned something like this in the readme)

Misunderstanding, indeed. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.  If you use exile as a framework , script written for exile should work regardless of what vehicle mod you use (I used CUP's vehicles only).
All it does is adding action menu commands , to trigger fix or salvage of a specific hitpoints on ANY vehicle in Arma3 (including jets) and return or remove an item when you do so.
I guess you will have to try it ?

Think it will work ...... I made some extensions for the advanced script. It has no repair script for Tanks (no Wheels, need Tracks) and Boats (most are made from Fiberglass not Metal) ....... so I made 2 new files called "Bones_fnc_salvageAndRepairMenuTank.sqf" and "Bones_fnc_salvageAndRepairMenuBoat.sqf ".

After that I added both to "Bones_fnc_salvageAndRepair.sqf" ......... should now work perfect for me.

BTW, I use Extended Survival Pack from @ServerAtze ............. so I change the parts needed to Engine, Fuel Tank, Glass, Fiberglass and so on.

Yeah , Atze's mod is great. I was using Extended Items for my server , it adds the needed models/items and makes it so much better as for repairing.   I just hated Exile duct tape, until I realized you can modify pretty much anything you want ))

And the option to change the duration is also very nice ........ 😜

On 7/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, ZN Anhor said:

Thx for assistance.

As mentioned I made it able to deal with all vehicle type configs so "Should work" everything being normal, unless the mod itself has some problem with its vehicle config setup. Let me know if you run into problems and i'll see what I can do 😊

On 9/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Panda Pilot said:

If i remember correctly from the original forums was a vehicle ammo save script linked to this?

Ammo Save:

https://github.com/Bones50/ammoSave

Vehicle Spawner (all vehicles persistent), in case anyone wants it. This is old and i haven't looked at it in ages but should still work:

https://github.com/Bones50/Exilemod-Custom-Vehicle-Spawner

@Bones51Hi! I have issues with some CUP vehicles (CUP_O_T55_TK, CUP_B_Leopard2A6_GER, CUP_O_T90_RU, CUP_B_T72_CZ) that have strange loadout. I use your script - https://github.com/Bones50/Advanced-Vehicle-Service-Centre and it works exellent (thx for that), but he didn't rearm CUP Tanks that have more then 2 types of ammo. 

Can you say me that i need to add in your script?

Thx a lot.

Edited by Ravenger2709