Thomas TKO

Roaming AI A3XAI

On 9/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, NoobNadaje said:

I don't know is this a good topic for next question but what are the best settings for AI from your practice?

This question is not that easy to answer, because it depends on what you expect.

Do you want shooting gallery characters or real challenges? Do you want an AI that the player can fight alone or do you want to motivate the players to work together against the AI?

From personal experience I can tell you that you should set the requirements as low as possible if you want to attract a lot of players (the majority of arma players). Very few current players can deal with challenges or even losses.

On our server, we tend to target the 1% of the community who can deal with setbacks (personal progress), challenges and stress. But that has a lot to do with the "setting" of our server, because we try to represent a historical event as accurately as possible.

• Like 1

Wack everything up and then run Vcom and lambsdanger and have the most fun AI, I can't stand playing with anything less now days as they are no challenge otherwise, But we run a PVE server and don't care about noobs playing on our server.

But like ZN Anhor said if you want players(forPVP) probably best to nerf them or not have AI

Hi ,
I have a problem with this mod, sometimes the AIs are invincible, would you help me?

In the A3XAI (just an example) config, here is how the AI gear is listed:

uniformTypes0[] = { “Exile_Uniform_BambiOverall”, “U_C_HunterBody_grn” };

uniformTypes1[]= { “U_C_WorkerOveralls”, “U_C_Commoner2_2” };

And each type is listed 0-3 to allow for 4 different sets of uniforms/weapons/vests, etc. 

my question is: instead of listing all the items inside the brackets for each level/type, is there a way to redirect to an external file containing the information? For example:

uniformTypes0[] = {

#include “Level0Uniforms.sqf”

};

uniformTypes1[] = { 

#include “Level1Uniforms.sqf”

};

why should you need a separate file? 

uniformTypes0[] = {
            "BWA3_Uniform_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform_tee_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform_tee_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform_sleeves_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform_sleeves_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform_Ghillie_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform_Ghillie_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform_Crew_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform_Crew_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform_Helipilot",
            "BWA3_Uniform2_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform2_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform2_sleeves_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform2_sleeves_Tropen",
            "BWA3_Uniform2_Ghillie_Fleck",
            "BWA3_Uniform2_Ghillie_Tropen"
        };

that's also possible ! make sure this its on 0 , generateDynamicUniforms = 0;

4 minutes ago, Thomas TKO said:

why should you need a separate file? 

I just have SO MANY uniforms for each type and I’d like to keep the main config file clean. 

Include works fine

headgearTypes3[] = {
						// CUP
						#include "classnames\cup\cup_Headgear_cat.sqf"
						// Unsung
						// #include "classnames\unsung\Uns_Headgear_cat.sqf"
						// Arma
						#include "classnames\a3\a3_headgear.sqf"

Had to change extension to sqf so mikero's tool would pack it fine

I have made a little update for A3XAI: https://github.com/TheGrayJacket/A3xai-2.4

FIXED : Vehicles appearing in custom blacklisted areas

ADDED : You can now set the max number of AI passengers inside air vehicles

To update from 0.2.3, replace following files :

a3xai\init\loadSettings.sqf // Included airCargoUnits

a3xai\init\A3XAI_custom_loader.sqf // Added 30 second timer to give script time for setting up Blacklist zones before it attempts to spawn vehicles

a3xai\scripts\setup_veh_patrols.sqf // Added "waitUntil {uiSleep 0.3; (!isNil "A3XAI_customSpawnsReady")};" at line 4

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_unit_spawning\A3XAI_spawnVehiclePatrol.sqf // Added above + condition for blacklisted areas

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_utilities\A3XAI_fixStuckGroup.sqf // Added condition for blacklisted areas

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_group_functions\A3XAI_generateLootOnDeath.sqf // replaced "magazines" with "magazine" (code expects string)

And also compare and add few lines from following files:

a3xai_config\a3xai_custom_defs.sqf // Added detailed instructions with examples on how to create custom spawns.

a3xai_config\config.cpp // Added "airCargoUnits" variable at line 325 - it is set to 2 by default so make sure you change this to 0 if you don't want AI passengers!

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_unit_spawning\A3XAI_createUnit.sqf // I have commented out part which add money on AI so if you want this back, remove the block comment that starts at line 17

On 9/7/2022 at 11:34 PM, The Gray Jacket said:

I have made a little update for A3XAI: https://github.com/TheGrayJacket/A3xai-2.4

FIXED : Vehicles appearing in custom blacklisted areas

ADDED : You can now set the max number of AI passengers inside air vehicles

To update from 0.2.3, replace following files :

a3xai\init\loadSettings.sqf // Included airCargoUnits

a3xai\init\A3XAI_custom_loader.sqf // Added 30 second timer to give script time for setting up Blacklist zones before it attempts to spawn vehicles

a3xai\scripts\setup_veh_patrols.sqf // Added "waitUntil {uiSleep 0.3; (!isNil "A3XAI_customSpawnsReady")};" at line 4

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_unit_spawning\A3XAI_spawnVehiclePatrol.sqf // Added above + condition for blacklisted areas

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_utilities\A3XAI_fixStuckGroup.sqf // Added condition for blacklisted areas

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_group_functions\A3XAI_generateLootOnDeath.sqf // replaced "magazines" with "magazine" (code expects string)

And also compare and add few lines from following files:

a3xai_config\a3xai_custom_defs.sqf // Added detailed instructions with examples on how to create custom spawns.

a3xai_config\config.cpp // Added "airCargoUnits" variable at line 325 - it is set to 2 by default so make sure you change this to 0 if you don't want AI passengers!

a3xai\compile\A3XAI_unit_spawning\A3XAI_createUnit.sqf // I have commented out part which add money on AI so if you want this back, remove the block comment that starts at line 17

Hi,
Unfortunately spawn patrol, drone patrol is not working. HC client disabled

Only works for spawn of static, random ai units

Rpt:
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] Initializing A3XAI version 0.2.3 using base path A3XAI."
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] Compiling A3XAI functions."
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] A3XAI functions compiled."
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] Loaded all A3XAI settings in 0.00399971 seconds."
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] A3XAI settings: Debug Level: 0. WorldName: chernarusredux. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: false. Random: false. Air: false. Land: true. UAV: true. UGV: false."
18:03:25 "[A3XAI] A3XAI loading completed in 0.00500107 seconds."
18:13:32 "[A3XAI Monitor][Uptime:00:10:36][FPS:45][Groups:5/6][Respawn:1][HC:false]"
18:13:32 "[A3XAI Monitor] [Static:5][Dynamic:0][Random:0][Air:0][Land:0][UAV:0][UGV:0]"

Land should be 10 and UAV 1

Tested with a clean file from you without modification

0:24:40 "A3XAI Debug: Attempting to place 7 random spawns on the map..."
0:24:40 "A3XAI Debug: Random spawn 1 of 7 placed at [8202.78,7422.84,0] with params [1,1,0,0.4] (Attempts: 1)."

0:24:40 y (4096) out of range <0, 1024)

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 013FC047

My server crashes and it looks like it has something to do with A3XAI. Is there a fix for that or known bug?