Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Floating city?

Tales of war MOd made a LSD i had the idea of makeing a BIGGER ship but this time a spaceship? that with setpos will be in the air and then you just drop down towards the planet with the dropship weve halfway throw what do you thinK?

Ive already made a MASSIVE space station for the air at 2000 feet that you can walk around made from the everon cartels shipe thing!

If anyone is interested E-Mail me at Ralph.steel@btinternet.com

Thanks

Luke

Wow that sounds like a cool idea, i imagine a couple of paratroopers on HALO(High altitude low open) drop and taking control of a city under 2000 feets,

sounds sweet smile.gif

That is the dream most air force generals dream about - a floating carrier like city - high enough to avoid sams and not like sitting ducks on water!

I sincerly wish u the best, but some things u might wanna take note and overcome:-

1. Geometry LOD - will it support this massive object?

2. Floatation - config as chopper with unlimited fuel.

3. objects and human interaction - possible but is there a way to overcome LOD limits? eg, when city moves, will objects move along too?

i hope u or anyone can help on this, for if it is possible, many hardware can be created, limited only by imagination.

I think that this is a gret idea, but it would be reasonable and much easier to impliment if it was stationary.

We wont mid if it was stationary, it will be high enough not to be attacked by tank shells or ground weopons. Only air can attack it.

cheers

What we are trying to do is have it so when you get to 1000 feet or so a trigger turns it to night and when you go down it turns to day! at about 2000 feet there will be a ststionary Starship IE the rogeryoung where with setpos the dropship will be placed then you get in the dropships diembark and head towards the planet! Also we are createing rocketlanches that are extrely powerful destroy an Abrams in 1 shot or somethin because how are we going to get vechiles down there? MI Moible Infantry!

The bugs are a bit diffucult how are they going to kill you and how do they walk? at the moment i am working on that with animations!

Tommorov i will release a Sky city it will only be small but it will give an idea of how it works!

If you could help E-Mail me at ralph.steel@btinternet.com or my ICQ is 177002158

Thanks

Luke

Is there anything which i should add to the city anything u want?

Luke

I do remember haveing a MP DM mission its all these paths and buldings in the air i think i still do have it. But yes i would like to see a floating city seems cool and for all those people who biatch about how its unreal and stuff who cares it would be cool biggrin.gif

A floating city would go good with mobile suits. Maybe it runs on engines and if you take them out the whole thing falls eh?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Jan. 08 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A floating city would go good with mobile suits.  Maybe it runs on engines and if you take them out the whole thing falls eh?<span id='postcolor'>

One problem with a floating city is that if a boat or aircraft bumps it, the whole thing will move....but any units "setpos" on the city will not move...and they will probably fall off into the water and drown.    sad.gif  

However if it could be made where the bottom touched the ground underwater, perhaps it might stay in place.  The parts underwater could even be invisible or untextured as they wouldn't be seen anyways unless someone put the object on land.

Atlantis mod anyone? smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Just an idea for the sci-fi floating city:-

1. Create the interior and exteriors of city in 64m blocks.( collision detection to work and soldiers do not fall off the city.)

2. place cargo and driver memory points within the structure, not outside as most tutorials teaches.

a. U might wanna place your pos cargo each on different levels so that when the getout command is issued, they will be at different levels to do battle as ofp soldiers are not trained to go up stairs.

3. In the config, set your structure as armoured ship but set fuel to zero, cos if the structure moves, troops will fall off. Set the getin radius at 2 or less so that troops wont jump to earth.

4. The engine that will float your city - in mission editor, use setpos to position the structure height above ground, eg, 100m or more.

5. Should your troops need go to earth, make em walk off the plank - auto para, and for troops to refuel or attack, a chopper will be able to fly there.

(ps:- should u wanna move the structure, and inorder to overcome the 64m geometry limits, u might wanna try proxy the other structures together. If one can proxy soldiers, missiles and weapon systems to another, i believe it would be possible to proxy individual structures together and form  massive playable structure like carriers.)

edit:- seems like only certain objects will remain in suspended space.....perhaps due to no mass?

Guest BratZ

Ya you can just make it high in the air within the model editor.

I used to parachute vehicles...its works.Some take 2 chutes to drop at a slow enough rate.

there u are, lukemax, ideas for u...so when are we gonna see the Independence Day daughter class alien ship? Time to annihilate the puny soft skin humans, "up yours BACK! ! ! ! " ( an alien reply to the F18 pilot who shot down the first alien ship in the Indepence Day movie ) tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif this mod will truly be the Mother of all Battles!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (philcommando @ Jan. 11 2003,02:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"up yours BACK! ! ! ! " ( an alien reply to the F18 pilot who shot down the first alien ship in the Indepence Day movie )<span id='postcolor'>

Will Smith?

Well as soon as i have the dropship working in game i will release the city its mostly all done!

If anyone could help with config i will send you the file for configing! and if anyone knows how to put a MS3D file to P3D

E-Mail me we have a Morita!

you need to export the file in Ms to a .3ds file, then that has to be opend in 3ds max and re-exported as a "genuine" .3ds file, as o2 wont use any 3ds file created in milkshape, the eds max created file will then import into O2 where it can be converted to the correct file format

the beta is findhed if anyone would like to host the file e-mali me !