Sign in to follow this  
NightIntruder

Recconaisance pod (screenshot as a intel picture)

What I wanted to achieve is, basically, old school cold war scheme recconaisance during MP session that use of a plane and its recce pod. I need to take screenshots while flying the plane equipped with the pod (doable, I guess) and than need to send the screenies over the network from the pilot's local PC to a server (or website). Than those pictures are to be setObjectTexture'd on frames in a briefing room by different player using a mission script. Could it be achieved using some mods, persistent DB or other method? Alternatively, is it possible to kinda "frozen" a frame from live camera pod so that it would appear still on a projector screen, TV set or smth in the briefing room?
NI

If you use R2T texture on a object (like there - http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-uav-r2t-and-pip/ )

& then kill R2T source with 

cam cameraeffect ["terminate","back"]; 

it should still show frame on that surface. No idea how it would work in MP though but if you execute that on all PCs then it should. Obvious drawback is that such solution is not going to work if player has disabled Picture in Picture in settings.

• Like 1

That's a very interesting approach! Thanks Reyhard, will try this one when back onto my PC as I am on holidays atm.
NI