Spearpoint

Spearpoint Cold War Weapons - Sterling added!

Rather than continuing to release Spearpoint as a monolithic mega-mod, I'm breaking it down to enable faster updates and to give players the customisation to create a set up that suits their group (in the same vein as 3CB and others). This post details the weapons packs of this mod.

Coming soon: Fully featured FN Fal & more

Latest release: L2 Sterling SMG

Get it now on Steam Workshop

The L2, ubiquitously known as the "Sterling" after its place of manufacture, is a British submachine gun in service with the British Army from 1953 to 1994. Originally developed by George William Patchett during World War II as a replacement for the Sten gun, the Sterling submachine gun enjoyed post-war success both domestically and internationally. It continues to be used by some police and military forces around the world.

8WYAcPF.jpg

First release: Lee Enfield No.4 & L42A1 pack

Get it now on Steam Workshop
Post WW2 the Lee Enfield became one of the most widely available weapons in the world. Cheap, reliable and accurate, it saw use by nations big and small, insurgencies and police forces and more. 

KYHRWpF.jpg

Want to keep up to date on all Spearpoint releases?

Subscribe to the core Spearpoint mod here, all future releases will be added as dependencies. Also, Join the Discord!

Credits

Huge thank you to toadie2k for the AWM bolt action example files, without which this mod would be useless.

A couple years ago I began the process of learning to mod Arma 3 and put together Spearpoint. This would not have been possible without the mentoring and support of Mondkalb and the rest of the Arma Cold Warriors Discord channel. They are too numerous to name here, but the happy responses, healthy critique and empathy in frustration are what stopped me from giving up on this months ago.

The Arma 3 community as a whole has contributed to a huge knowledge base that I leaned heavily upon to get this mod in to the world. The Volunteer Commando Battalion is a group that kept me interested in playing Arma for years past its original run (back to the earliest days of OFP), and I would wholeheartedly recommend checking them out if you want to play with this mod in tactical realism scenarios.

License

All content released in Arma3 game-readable and Real-virtuality3 encoded content fall subject to the Arma Public Share-Alike (APL-SA) License[www.bohemia.net], unless otherwise specified. Exceptions to this license are made in the following, with stipulations regarding use - Any persons or entities directly or indirectly involved with active development of Arma 3 Life OR Arma 3 Life derivatives. Stipulations - Do Not Redistribute, No alteration or de-binarizing of content, no use at all within publicly distributed data-archives(including executable installation) for entities that receive more than US$10 in lifetime donations. This exception applies retroactively. Failure to adhere to this will result in legal action. Any persons who have directly contacted myself (Spearpoint) to seek out explicit usage permissions retain use under agreed terms. Unless specified, all content provided in non-engine proprietary formats (i.e "Source Files") is provided under the licensing of Creative Commons Non-Commercial Share-alike License

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the release. 🙂

• Like 1

Any persons or entities directly or indirectly involved with active development of Arma 3 Life OR Arma 3 Life derivatives ( additionally, by alias; Caiden).

Always gives me a chuckle....

• Like 1

Spearpoint: Lee Enfield pack has been updated:

+ Added No.5 Jungle Carbine

+ Added rear-sight flip up and sight adjustment animations

uYZK2VG.jpg

• Like 5