baze31

Problem with moding my scripts

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the arma modding community so bare with me.

Using the Eden editor and scripts using ASL i was successful in creating a HitTracker, it works perfectly withing the mission that i created on and if i copy and paste the scripts it work on any mission i create or download. But continuously coping and paste is a hassle so i was trying to make the scripts into a mod.

This is where i ran into a problem, i learned how to make the .pbo and the Kay, but the config.cpp i doubt is correct(Because i only initialize one script).

My question to the community is can you initialize more the one script in a mod, and if you can how do i do so?

(My code is on my work computer so i cant post it, but its wrong anyway.) If anyone can post a template of how to initialize the scripts i think i can figure it out from there. 

• Like 1

Hello there baze31 and Welcome to Bis Forums !

Check here :

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there baze31 and Welcome to Bis Forum

Thanks 🙂 

I fallowed the instructions correctly and it made the mod and launched the game but the Script not found error came up.

Tried every witch way to write the path to the scripts but it doesn't find any of them.

This is what i ended up with(Tried it exactly like the tutorial still didn't work.)

class CfgPatches {
    class HitTracker{
        units[] = {}; //
        weapons[] = {}; //
        requiredVersion = 0.1; //
        requiredAddons[] = {}; //
    };
};

class cfgFunctions
{
    class HALs
    {

class HALsCategory
        {
        tag = "HALs";
        file = "\HitTracker\scripts";
            class Baze_init
            {
                postInit =1;
            };

};

};
};

My most pressing question is how do i initialize the scripts correctly.

• Like 1

Would you like to check also a ready tutorial (files , full ready to use example )  that i have ?

#How_to_Mod_a_Script_tutorial_George_Floros.zip

Expires in: 29 days 20:59:33   |   Size: 34.5 KB

if this expires , for anything who would like it , just quote this ( if i am in the forum still ! ) , thanks .

Try this if you want and if you can't make it , send the files to me in a message , in order to fix this for you.

It's simple actually.

• Like 1