baze31

Problem with creating my mod from scripts

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the arma modding community so bare with me.

Using the Eden editor and scripts using ASL i was successful in creating a HitTracker, it works perfectly withing the mission that i created on and if i copy and paste the scripts it work on any mission i create or download. But continuously coping and paste is a hassle so i was trying to make the scripts into a mod.

This is where i ran into a problem, i learned how to make the .pbo and the Kay, but the config.cpp i doubt is correct(Because i only initialize one script).

My question to the community is can you initialize more the one script in a mod, and if you can how do i do so?

(My code is on my work computer so i cant post it, but its wrong anyway.) If anyone can post a template of how to initialize the scripts i think i can figure it out from there. 

2 hours ago, baze31 said:

My question to the community is can you initialize more the one script in a mod, and if you can how do i do so?

Not sure what you mean by that but if you want to execute a script (function) here's how to do it:

You can make a function library just like in a description.ext. Here is an example from one of my mods:

config.cpp

(Full mod: https://github.com/7erra/VASS-Virtual-Arsenal-Shop-System/tree/VASS-3den-Mod)

class CfgPatches
{
	class TER_VASS
	{
		author="Terra";
		name="Virtual Arsenal Shop System - 3den Editing";
		url="";
		requiredAddons[]={3den, A3_Ui_F};
		requiredVersion=0.1;
		units[]={};
		weapons[]={};
	};
};
class CfgFunctions
{
	class TER
	{
		class VASS
		{
			class vasscargo {file = "\VASS_3den\gui\scripts\fn_vasscargo.sqf";};
		};
	};
};

The file is located inside of the VASS_3den.pbo. Now I can call TER_fnc_vasscargo from anywhere inside of the game. Btw I use Mikero's Tools to pack my pbos because it works way better than with the A3 Tools one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1