6 hours ago, Sbotkin said:

Just noticed that the plane's bottom is camouflaged, which is never done to planes.

Yeah I realized this after uploading. I will fix when I get the chance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sbotkin said:

Just noticed that the plane's bottom is camouflaged, which is never done to planes.

|

Das ist fine. 😉

421F66674A2C54E6C3796D7F72E901FB6EC7E0CB

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sbotkin said:

Never? Really?

German Airforce Tornado IDS

RSAAF Tornado IDS

RAF Tornado

USAF A-10

V.A.E F-16

Hellenic Airforce F-16

Hellenic Airforce RF-4E

German Airforce RF-4E

Mig-17

Just some examples after a quick search. If there is a camouflage on the bottom of a jet depends on the role of this jet and is a matter of taste.

Just want to notice that there is nothing bad with making a fighterjet with camouflage painted bottom. Maybe there can be both version?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, panzergrenadier3 said:

Never? Really?

German Airforce Tornado IDS

RSAAF Tornado IDS

RAF Tornado

USAF A-10

V.A.E F-16

Hellenic Airforce F-16

Hellenic Airforce RF-4E

German Airforce RF-4E

Mig-17

Just some examples after a quick search. If there is a camouflage on the bottom of a jet depends on the role of this jet and is a matter of taste.

Just want to notice that there is nothing bad with making a fighterjet with camouflage painted bottom. Maybe there can be both version?

I'll prob add the files back and make a two version system.

one for the Half Camo pattern and one for the full.

With that said, I thought the RAF Tornado had a all camo bottom, I believe the Woodland A-10 did as well. Though it makes sense why they would go with a grey bottom, when you look up, you want to blend in with the sky and not stick out as a dark colored or black object. 🙂 

• Like 1

No camoflaged bottom seems better in my opinion. But why would livonia use A-10s that's kinda overpowered for such a small state and in real life no other country than the US own A-10s that would be really strange.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, shadowhunter123 said:

Though it makes sense why they would go with a grey bottom, when you look up, you want to blend in with the sky and not stick out as a dark colored or black object.

You'll be a dark object in the sky even if your plane is painted white. But for planes, that normaly operates in low level flights you would see them really good from above when they fligh a turn and have a grey or white bottom which is shown when the plane is lain on the side.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:53 AM, Spartane said:

No camoflaged bottom seems better in my opinion. But why would livonia use A-10s that's kinda overpowered for such a small state and in real life no other country than the US own A-10s that would be really strange.

Yeah I agree, that would be way too OP. I'm trying to keep the mod just enough to where it is sorta balanced like AAF but with maybe one or two US vehicles instead of all CSAT stuff. 

As for the A-10, don't worry. I have no plans to incorprate. RN I am just updating previous mods, Gryphon should be coming out now with a new Camo texture that is comparable to the Lynx (stock heli) in quality. Stay tuned! 🙂 

0BCC481054123728837BC0EFFCC829C5E999A1C4

• Like 3

"Straż Leśna" - Forest Guards it's non military force.
"Straż Graniczna" - Border Guards. Those planes have special liveries, specific to this force.

Spoiler

0007KRSIA5UVTI3X-C411.jpg

0007KXJBHSKHNVGM-C122-F4.png

0cd394027423cd6a81dd439d35024e2586a70214

Trainer planes have special liveries too. More in NATO standard.

Spoiler

PZL-130_Orlik_RIAT_2016_3399.jpg

Exp. Propeller plane PZL-130 Orlik.

Where PZL stands for Polskie Zakłady Lotnicze - Polish Factories of Aviation.

Orlik is a baby eagle. Those planes are use mainly for training but other countries like Brazil use similar planes for recon and combat.

Planes in Poland have very specific names - mostly names of birds or animals you can find in Poland. Even F-16 Falcon become "Sokół" in Poland.

If planes are designed for combat - raptores birds names are use, like Eagle - Orzeł , Falcon - Sokół.

If LDF using combat plane code name Gryf, then a trainer would probably be named "Gryfik" - gryphon's baby.

In Poland Air Force don't use camouflages from tanks on planes. Mostly old planes for ground attack and bombing was painted in that kind of camo.

Spoiler

Exp: Polish Su-22 before Poland was in NATO:
SU-22_Fitter_-_RIAT_2014_15403224246-117

and when Poland enter NATO:

Spoiler

Polish+Su+22.jpg

z23980163IH,Polski-Su-22.jpg

Those Su-22 are obsolete but maintain for keep people busy and well train, until the time when Polan  will acquire new planes.
F35 very soon will replace F16. What in place of Su-22? Hard to tell. There was  rumors about Polish own production, but it stop after prototype stage:
PZL-230 Scorpion

Spoiler

PZL-230_Skorpion_04.jpg

Act8PWv.jpg

Would be awesome to have those planes in Arma - similar story like with AH-99 Blackfoot / RAH-66 Comanche but notice black painting.

@Glow

I apperciate the feedback but please remember I am going to Vanilla as possible. This is not a Polish mod but rather a Livonian Defense Force mod for the new Contact DLC faction "LDF".
1. Straz Lesna is heavily militarized in ArmA 3. Per the loading tip for Livonia map: "Forest Management within the Nadbor training area is overseen by the Military Forests Directorate and enforced by armed forest rangers"

2. Bear in mind, while Livonia has a huge polish influence, in game it is, its own country. Because the faction has no known aircraft, I plan to make it as close as to vanillia as possible, using the camo from the Helicopter thats provided along with other liveries for those who don't want camouflage.
3. As for aircraft designations and names. I am sorta going off the way the US does it. The names form from the stock names of the vehicles in the game.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, shadowhunter123 said:

2. Bear in mind, while Livonia has a huge polish influence, in game it is, its own country. Because the faction has no known aircraft, I plan to make it as close as to vanillia as possible, using the camo from the Helicopter thats provided along with other liveries for those who don't want camouflage.

Also bear in mind that it is about 50x the size of the Republic of Altis and Stratis, and is a NATO member along the border with a resurgent Russia. Also places in Arma 3 seem to be ridiculously well armed for their size (*cough* republic of altis and stratis *cough*)

Arma had Sahrani, where the map was the *entire nation* (actually, 2 nations)

Arma 2 instead clarified that the maps were regions of a larger (still not very big country), yet the Chedaki seem to operate only in that one region (as opposed to the CDF), and both the chedaki's and the CDF were very well armed (T-72s and SU 25s).

Arma 3, like Arma, had the maps represent the entire Nation. Here we see the nation better armed than the CDF. Sure maybe the mediterannean is a higher population density, and has additional money from sea resources, higher agriculture yields, and tourism, but its still ridiculous that the AAF operates so many MBTs, attack aircraft, helicopters, and IFVs.

Given that Livonia is so much larger than Altis, and its right on the border, and it would have NATO support, I see no problem with them having leopard tanks, gryphons, etc

• Like 1

Your mod is super cool, I like it. I'm not trying to tell how you should do it, I just throwing ideas at you if you find something good - take it.

I hope that Bi will give us an access to those LDF camouflages, 'cos if someone would like to replicate those accurately, it's a lot of work.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Glow said:

Your mod is super cool, I like it. I'm not trying to tell how you should do it, I just throwing ideas at you if you find something good - take it.

I hope that Bi will give us an access to those LDF camouflages, 'cos if someone would like to replicate those accurately, it's a lot of work.

Oh sorry brother if I came off that way, I love the suggestions, I might make some changes based on a few you gave. Thank you! 😄

and AGREEEEEE haha, I can't wait till they release them camos :3

New Release for all of you that anticpated armored vehicles! Stay tuned for more! As always, you're request are welcome:
F09D1511A3DD9C570778B3BE4C6693589483764E

• Like 7

Your work... It's a thing of beauty... 

Are you planning on reskinning all the variants of those little guys? The recon variant would be so fitting considering the focus on electronic warfare in Contact. 

One thing I feel the LDF is really lacking is some kind of armed/armored motorized transport. The fact that they're just rolling around in pickups and vans always struck me as pretty stupidconsidering they're supposed to be an advanced NATO ally. They could definitely use an MRAP or wheeled APC of some sort. Which one? That's the million dollar question 😉🤔

Yeah, thank you for making the Nyx, Unfortunatly I can't try it right now but I'll surely use it a lot in the future and give a feedback about it. I'm also happy that you don't plan to overexpend the faction with overpowered vehicles for the faction size ^^. 

As for an APC we already have the mora but I'm definitely not against a wheeled one as the other person said, I would personnaly hesitate between the marid and the AAF one, for me the second one is more beautiful but I also feel that it may transform the faction into an AAF clone which would be sad so I can't really choose. 

Also I feel that an armed 4X4 would be great for recon operations. And since the armed pick up really looks too rebel/third world equipment, I thought about the prowler or the Tanoa armed 4X4 (the one used by syndicate), I think that the CSAT one is a bit to much since it uses a damn minigun. 

I also read on the steam page that someone thought about arming the training plane and I know that it's possible to add an invisible machine gun in the nose (it's cheap but it's a beginning) with a command in Eden editor, but I don't know if it is possible in the config.cpp file.

About the fact that you've lost the file for the training plane, can't we just try extract the PBO to get them back. I know there are some methods to do it even if it is binarized but honestely I've never tryed.

These are my current ideas, I hope that it helped and keep up the great work man, I'm eager to see more !

Do we have any idea about what the forest ranger uniform actually looks like? Clearly it wasn't added as a faction...

4 hours ago, captinbaer1 said:

Do we have any idea about what the forest ranger uniform actually looks like? Clearly it wasn't added as a faction...

Since the forest rangers aren't a military group, it doesn't make much sense to put them in a military uniform. I have been using one of the Guerrilla uniforms.

steJz8s.jpg

On 7/23/2019 at 7:02 PM, stburr91 said:

Since the forest rangers aren't a military group, it doesn't make much sense to put them in a military uniform. I have been using one of the Guerrilla uniforms.

Is that true? I thought they were under the Military Forests Directorate?

have you considered retexturing the Tatra 8100 from CUP? Its weird to me how an otherwise high tech Military would use Kamaz trucks, especially one that has a bad diplomatic relationship with Russia.

Good news. From the last sitrep #00235:

(...) 1.96 update. It will of course contain fixes and post-release tweaks. But we also know about several other activities that we'd like to do as much as possible:

Preparing samples, such as reskin PSD templates for premium assets. This should also include samples of the various LDF camo patterns.

• Like 3

Oooo I just had a thought. Instead of being stuck with the strider or hunter as an MRAP you COULD use the BRDM-2 from GM. Yes it's pretty old but it still would fill that empty role in their motor pool well while keeping the LDF further from an AAF clone. 

Well, I just finished the Contact campaign, and without spoiling too much:

The LDF does have Gryphons.

Spoiler

I didn't get a good look at them due to being on foot and them being in the air, but the LDF certainly has fast movers with a canard configuration.

Livonian heavy armor was also mentioned, although I didn't see it. Its possible a Mora would be considered "heavy", but based on the campaign, it seems the LDF is quite well armed.

@Ex3Bplease consider using spoiler tags when talking about the campaign. Especially when it was only released on Thursday.

Very well, most of it is in spoilers now. I don't think that was much of a spoiler though... just mentioning the equipment that the LDF apparently has, without saying what it was doing