reconteam

Performance woes on Tanoa

So I have an i7 8700k, an RTX 2080, 16GB of RAM (I can get exact details later if needed) and on Tanoa running ultra settings at 3440×1440 resolution I can't seem to break past 40 FPS or so in deep jungle with view distance set to about 1200 meters. And this is before I'm actually in a scenario with stuff going on around me. Should I be getting more from this setup? Also the game is on a Samsung m.2 SSD so there shouldn't be a bottleneck in that area. Altis seems to run a lot better but is there anything I can do to increase my FPS in the jungle?

I know ArmA 3 is heavily CPU dependent but that's a pretty good processor and often CPU usage is only reaching around 30-40% while in the game.

One oddity(or maybe its normal for ArmA) I've noticed is that when I "zoom" in to look at something the FPS often goes up by 10 or more, even if what I'm zooming in on is a detailed area.

9 hours ago, reconteam said:

One oddity(or maybe its normal for ArmA) I've noticed is that when I "zoom" in to look at something the FPS often goes up by 10 or more, even if what I'm zooming in on is a detailed area.

It's normal. Your field of view goes down with zooming, meaning less objects fit onto your screen, meaning less objects have to be rendered.

Hi Dedmen thanks for that information. The RTX 2080 though is a real nice card though so I'm surprised it's not giving higher numbers. I guess the engine they use just isn't good for jungle.