Blitzen88

Alive’s Caching System

I play almost all of my missions with the Advanced AI Command mod. As a player I will remotely controll friendly AI units but I also spend time away from the frontlines issuing orders. 

This style of play can conflict with a lot of caching systems. This conflict arises from the fact that a lot of caching systems will only un-cache a unit when the PLAYER is nearby; the system does not un-cache inits when an enemy AI unit is nearby. 

Ultimately this leads to a situation where enemy units never spawn in if I am a far distance from the frontlines issuing orders.

Does Alive cache units based upon how close/far away a player is or based upon how close/far away an enemy unit is?

Thanks!

I recommend to ask this in an alive forum. But I guess it does it by near/far players cause as you stated already most caching scripts do it that way.

Alive virtualizes units, so they do "fighting" if you are far but it's virtual, calculated by costs and types of units and probability of outcome

caching just hides models and simulation until you are close

5 hours ago, fycj said:

Alive virtualizes units, so they do "fighting" if you are far but it's virtual, calculated by costs and types of units and probability of outcome

caching just hides models and simulation until you are close

Wow, I had no idea that it did that. That’s pretty cool. Thanks for the explanation!