Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Kord addon

I just tried it out.  VERY NICE!  No complaints here.  It is an excellent model, has nice textures, nice custom sites, and nice sound (same or similar to the 14.5mm gun on the BTR-70).   Also I haven't seen any LOD problems so all in all it looks.   Also interestingly enough, the MH-47E Chinook opened fire on it, even though I had never seen it engage any ground targets before.  smile.gif  But unfortunately the Kord didn't engage the helicopter.  sad.gif   That's probably the only downside of this addon.  

edit: Ooops spoke too soon... there is a texture problem with the ammo boxes on the ground. From a distance of around 25 meters, maybe a little less, they turn white.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow! looks cool but my god y should i have to wait 27 min. in line at file planet,thats really gay. anyone got a mirror please.

I think the Kord should have a magazine of 50 rounds. Maybe there are 100 round magazines available, but at least I didn't see any during my service in the army.

Also, the naming, "KORD HMG" bugged me a little ... how about just calling it a NSV 12.7 mm or something? smile.gif Just a suggestion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, the naming, "KORD HMG" bugged me a little ... how about just calling it a NSV 12.7 mm or something? Just a suggestion.<span id='postcolor'>

that would work, apart from the fact its not a NSV, the Kord is the replacement of the NSV/NSVT "Utes", anyway, i agree it should be called something like "Kord 12.7x109mm" or something, and yes, 50 round boxes please smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that would work, apart from the fact its not a NSV, the Kord is the replacement of the NSV/NSVT "Utes", anyway, i agree it should be called something like "Kord 12.7x109mm"<span id='postcolor'>

How does Kord differ from NSV? The only thing I noticed was the optic sight. I don't know about the tripod, in Finland we use a higher model which is manufactured in Norway. I thought Kord is just a nickname for NSV, but it seems I was wrong.

Actually “Kord†is completely new model. It much more (almost twice) accurate then NSV.

According to source I’m read it can easily disable BTR from 2000m only with 13-15 bullets. And it has no problem to penetrate 20mm steel from 100m.

Ammo boxes attachable from left and from right.

Completely new trunk with effective muzzle brake - and the modernized system of lock-out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Jan. 06 2003,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the Kord should have a magazine of 50 rounds. Maybe there are 100 round magazines available, but at least I didn't see any during my service in the army.

Also, the naming, "KORD HMG" bugged me a little ... how about just calling it a NSV 12.7 mm or something? smile.gif Just a suggestion.<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't the NSV 12.7mm HMG a totally different heavy machine gun that uses the same ammo? KORD HMG seems fine to me. Maybe he can call it the Russian name? biggrin.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thank you for the info AKM74. My mistake, to my eye it looked like a modified NSV. Anyways, a great addon!

As the other thread went down, I will repost this here:

Test feedback:

Setup: wrecking M113 with a HB50M2 - cal. .50BMG (M2) on approx 128m. compared to: wrecking M113 with the kord 12.7 MG

M2 needed approx 158 shots. Kord needed 75 shots.

Without starting a realism discusion again ;-) (I'm a big realism fanatic) So for now it's rather about playability/game balance:

Anybody knows if the 12.7 caliber makes a big difference in power (velocity/energy/piercing) than the .50bmg?

-Also Kord's dispersion is much bigger than M2's.

-Small LOD problem seems to appear with the ammo boxes below the Kord (the are white sometimes).

-AI-team member get M113 icon in team bar when "in" Kord

Overall the Kord is allready BRILLIANT!

P.S.: Actually the OFP-M2 is WAY too weak. A real "fifty" pierces IFV's and APC's like in OFP on a mile's distance. Just for those who don't know, a .308 bullet like the one from a M21 goes through a 10mm steel plate on hundred meters. (we tryed this at the shooting range in real life)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Jan. 07 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snip---

P.S.: Actually the OFP-M2 is WAY too weak. A real "fifty" pierces IFV's and APC's like in OFP on a mile's distance. Just for those who don't know, a .308 bullet like the one from a M21 goes through a 10mm steel plate on hundred meters. (we tryed this at the shooting range in real life)<span id='postcolor'>

I remember reading somewhere that I think the Russian 12.7mm had a little more velocity, but I don't remember for sure. Both rounds at any rate, are fairly powerful. However they can no defeat the frontal armor of most IFV's. The BMP for example is resistant to .50 cal fire in it's frontal arc. Also most of the Bradley IFV is supposed to be armored to protect against up to 14.5mm HMG rounds... however in reality, at least one Bradley IFV's turret was penetrated by a Iraqi 14.5 HMG round during the first Gulf War.

Alot of whether a round penetrates often depends on the angle of impact. That is why most tank/APC/IFV armor is sloped. At any rate, I agree with you that the M2 in OFP is a bit underpowered. It definitely should make mince meat of a BTR-70's side armor at least and also will tear up a BMP shooting it in the side or rear.

Unfortunately however OFP does not model different armor levels on different areas of vehicles. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 07 2003,13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Jan. 07 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snip---

P.S.: Actually the OFP-M2 is WAY too weak. A real "fifty" pierces IFV's and APC's like in OFP on a mile's distance. Just for those who don't know, a .308 bullet like the one from a M21 goes through a 10mm steel plate on hundred meters. (we tryed this at the shooting range in real life)<span id='postcolor'>

I remember reading somewhere that I think the Russian 12.7mm had a little more velocity, but I don't remember for sure.  Both rounds at any rate, are fairly powerful.  However they can no defeat the frontal armor of most IFV's.  The BMP for example is resistant to .50 cal fire in it's frontal arc.  Also most of the Bradley IFV is supposed to be armored to protect against up to 14.5mm HMG rounds... however in reality, at least one Bradley IFV's turret was penetrated by a Iraqi 14.5 HMG round during the first Gulf War.  

Alot of whether a round penetrates often depends on the angle of impact.  That is why most tank/APC/IFV armor is sloped.   At any rate, I agree with you that the M2 in OFP is a bit underpowered.    It definitely should make mince meat of a BTR-70's side armor at least and also will tear up a BMP shooting it in the side or rear.

Unfortunately however OFP does not model different armor levels on different areas of vehicles.  sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

That's why I didn't actually complain. It's also that OFP doesn't support different "classes" of armor which means you can destroy a M1A1 with an AK if you got enough ammo  wink.gif

I'm just a bit picky with these issues since I got some experience with rifles and hand guns on different sorts of armor/glass/vests and these things. The effects and differences there, are quite amazing.

The latest trends for long range sniping/antimaterial even go down to .388LapuaMag which still can stop trucks and some APC's on kilometer range. That's why I think the .50 is underestimated in OFP.

I asked this question in the Kord thread in WIP, and since this topic is sorta heading this way, I didn't want to drag up the other thread..

What is the difference - if any - between the Kord 12.7mm and the HCB 12.7mm? They look exactly the same to me...

Note: I'm not talking about the M2HB, I'm talking bout the HCB, a Russian - AFAIK - heavy machine gun

I think the HCB, is the NSV, from looking around at a couple of different sites i see the HCB with this pic:

molot_45.jpg

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/posts/99.html

And from another site i see the NSV with the same pic:

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg02-e.htm

and differences (if it is the NSV), the Kord fires slower, uses the same caliber, but is 1.5-2x more accurate, it is the NSV's replacement

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 07 2003,13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunately however OFP does not model different armor levels on different areas of vehicles.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

er, it does smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the difference - if any - between the Kord 12.7mm and the HCB 12.7mm? They look exactly the same to me...<span id='postcolor'>

compare it..

NSV 12.7

KORD 12.7

The Kord's tripod reminds me of an AGS-17 tripod. AKM74, how about making a NSV next? The Kord is a great addon, but it would be nice to have something for the ordinary troops. I don't think the Kord will replace NSV quite yet.

Hi there AKM74 !

Maybe a little late but well I want to post some pics with the bugs I found to make more easy the fixing for the next version... (hope it will be one cos the addon is super)

PIC 1 : When I move the Kord or when I see it from outiside - like this pic- a "triangle" with a transparent texture appears and you can see the other side...

kord-1.jpg

PIC 2 & 3: Some missing details and the previous reported white boxes one... doh! "a" means "and" on pic 2. Happens often lately that when I report bugs I make bugs on those reports! LOL

kord-2.jpg

kord-3.jpg

And please how about put the Kord in a AA tripod? -like other available version to choose- (the tall one where the soldier  stands up behind and can rotate 360, in short... Like the M2 of the game)  Really want to have that one for edit the main config.bin of the game and replace the east M2 with that...

Sure is posible cos I change other official units with fan ones in the past and I want to make that change and make public the file if you release that version also... Don't know if things will work that fine if I use this actual one... Thanks!!

Vik

Great gun, but if you want to be realistic about the equipment (I do.) then you can only use the Kord in modern missions.

An NSV could be used in Vietnam (?), 1982, 1985 and modern missions, and with other east-bloc armies.

And a DSHK?

Or, say, a new Real Russian Army addon for OFP!? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Jan. 14 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great gun, but if you want to be realistic about the equipment (I do.) then you can only use the Kord in modern missions.

An NSV could be used in Vietnam (?), 1982, 1985 and modern missions, and with other east-bloc armies.

And a DSHK?

Or, say, a new Real Russian Army addon for OFP!? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the NSV wasnt used in vietnam, the DShK was, which is why its in the nam pack smile.gif

Must be amazing gun since there is two topics on this one.

The texture of the main body of the gun could use some work in a future release. I wouldn't mind seeing the KORD sans ammo boxes, and to have the ammo as a seperate object so you can have them on the other side, at a different angle, or not there at all. Just a thought.

BTW, I love the firing sound. The only problem is that the LDD Realism pack uses that for the M2's.