Luft08

Waypoint assignment Server vs Client

if I assign a waypoint  within a isServer block do all players see the vehicle move to the same spot?

I read that you should always obtain random numbers from within a isServer block because if the clients do it they'll likely come up with different random numbers. This makes sense and it occurred to me that in my code I'm generating a random number within a isServer block and using it to choose a waypoint for a vehicle all within that block. Will this cause clients to see something different from the server?

Thanks.  

25 minutes ago, Luft08 said:

if I assign a waypoint  within a isServer block do all players see the vehicle move to the same spot?

yes. just create the waypoints in server and never on both server/client.

On the addWaypoint wiki page you can se two icons on the top:

• AG global -- A stands for Argument - Arguments of these scripting commands (AG) don't have to be local to the client the command is executed on.
  • EG global -- E stands for Effect - Effects of these scripting commands (EG) are broadcasted over the network and happen on every computer in the network.

So when you have a command with EG Global, the effect is seen by everyone, no matter who executes the command. In most cases it is best to execute these commands on the server or a headless clients.

• Like 1