Sign in to follow this  
Ninjaisfast

Creating radio channel with array of units

Hi, correct me if I use any of the incorrect terminology, I'm very new to this.
I'm trying to add an array of units to a created radio channel, but can't seem to get it to work when I want to access that array in the units selection.
This works (run from one of the units init boxes):

_index = radioChannelCreate [[1,1,1,1], "Direct Chat", "%UNIT_NAME", [greg, dom]];

But this doesn't, where I've defined clerkArray = [greg, dom] in my init.sqf. 

_index = radioChannelCreate [[1,1,1,1], "Direct Chat", "%UNIT_NAME", [{clerkArray select 0}, dom]];

I think my array is correctly defined, as clerkArray select 0 setdamage 1; works fine, and kills greg.
I feel like I'm doing something wrong with actually selecting from that array when that selection will itself be part of an array. 
Ideally, I would like to be able to add whatever unit names I want to my definition in my init.sqf, not the unit init box.

That's my confusion. I'm not sure what to put there to make that happen. [clerkArray select 0, dom] doesn't work either.

2 hours ago, Ninjaisfast said:

run from one of the units init boxes

Maybe this is the problem 

Yep, putting it in the init.sqf worked instead. And if I put it in a radio trigger it works as well. The object init fields must be called before the init.sqf ?

36 minutes ago, Ninjaisfast said:

Yep, putting it in the init.sqf worked instead. And if I put it in a radio trigger it works as well. The object init fields must be called before the init.sqf ?

Indeed they are.

Cheers