GEORGE FLOROS GR

Multimedia Compilation and discussion about Real life in Malden ( Lefkas, Greece - Λευκάδα "Lefkada") )

Hello there to everyone !

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16DwrTM4keJCZuPEvjNp6vlxGlJs&msa=0&ll=38.74788998238816%2C20.675569499999938&z=10

RaRSPZz.jpg

To link also other similar threads :

- the Altis "Limnos" topic :

- the Real life Chernarus gallery topic :

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm starting this topic , with some ( 20 pics ) of my personal photos :

Spoiler

thoKAGr.jpgffBGNK7.jpgEUuAMvT.jpg7ZLIJLw.jpgRaRSPZz.jpgv3VRdef.jpgvb9gnNd.jpguhRyzYL.jpgXHAXAid.jpg1TX1Xku.jpgx7NsD4E.jpgt80ltgs.jpgY4gzNok.jpg1chITG7.jpg9Ke5bDH.jpgXndrJ1k.jpgzWMUWdC.jpg1hvfjE3.jpgz0F1UcV.jpghUAWaDK.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Around the island in one day.

GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

http://www.visitgreece.gr/en

Feel free to add your Multimedia and discussion !

Thanks !

• Like 8

Lefkada is surely a wonderful place   :sun:

I especially remember the crystal clear beach where it is shallow for a loooooong walk. Cannot recall the name sadly.

Although the Porto Goat (Porto Katsiki) beach I did not really like. Way too many people for so little space. And it is way too deep. If anything happens to you it is a game over with no respawn. Wonder why it is that famous anyways :scratchchin:

Those caves on the pictures however .... we did not visit those. Maybe next time! If there is a next time.

• Like 1

Yep, Lefkada can be a wonderful place when it is not extremely crowded and packed with people.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Those caves on the pictures

These are the Nidri Waterfalls

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16DwrTM4keJCZuPEvjNp6vlxGlJs&msa=0&ll=38.70142618659854%2C20.724370518595606&z=13

Here are the goggle maps images :

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16DwrTM4keJCZuPEvjNp6vlxGlJs&msa=0&ll=38.70142618659854%2C20.724370518595606&z=13

with more water in winter :

- or you were saying about , Papanikolis [Greek submarine] Sea Cave ?

as for the sea the waters are blue , because of the white sand - stones (environment).

8 hours ago, ZaellixA said:

Yep, Lefkada can be a wonderful place

Yes it's really worth it !

I was watching some videos of Leukas with my wife today and there were a lot of very good memories !

• Like 4

I haven't been to Greece since the late 70's. I went for a sail around the islands for a few days, but spent most of my time on the mainland. It is a lovely place to visit, not sure I could live there though, because being a brit, I just ain't used to that 'heat'.. 😉

Marc Bolan died while I was on holiday in Greece ( just a side fact).

• Like 4

I was watching some videos of Leukas with my wife today and there were a lot of very good memories !

Yeah that is how we mostly go on vacations too. By watching videos :smile_o:

I haven't been to Greece since the late 70's. I went for a sail around the islands for a few days, but spent most of my time on the mainland. It is a lovely place to visit, not sure I could live there though, because being a brit, I just ain't used to that 'heat'..

Dude how are you used to all that rain? Lol ...

Well you can come again. Some places are still visitable. You just have to take extra care because more and more places have sky-rocketing criminal rates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2019 at 3:00 PM, JohnKalo said:

Yeah that is how we mostly go on vacations too. By watching videos :smile_o:

Dude how are you used to all that rain? Lol ...

Well you can come again. Some places are still visitable. You just have to take extra care because more and more places have sky-rocketing criminal rates.

When the rain is all you've got, then you put up with it.

Although out on my decking, it was 32c on occasion over the past week. So it doesn't always rain.. 😉

Criminal rates have gone up everywhere it seems, but not in our village it has to be said.. 😊

• Like 2

15 Best Things to Do in Lefkada (Greece) :

Well Porti Katsiki being in place number 1 is not that good of a choice but the rest are some amazing options!

Criminal rates have gone up everywhere it seems, but not in our village it has to be said.. 😊

The good thing about villages is that the criminal has to take the chance of getting killed into consideration. Shotguns have no rumor of being polite :thumbsup:

In a city in Greece you can call the police. Well it might come or it might not. Even if it does and you have defended yourself you will be imprisoned and the criminal will walk away. In the best case scenario the police will arrive too late and after years they will identify the criminal. Due to the criminal being 80 or 90 years old however till he is found he will not go to prison due to age. And yes exceptions exist. The police will catch him and place him in jail for three life times punishment. Well in 5-10 years he will be out of jail. The really bad criminals however will get 10 times life sentence! That means in 25 years he will be able to get out of prison for a day or two and guess what some never return! Why return when there is no chance of getting out? If you however say a bad word to a politician then the police will arrive in a matter of seconds or minutes and arrest you and make you go to jail and pay a fine. Lol ... this is no police. Those guys are the governments mercenaries....

On 6/23/2019 at 5:26 AM, chrisb said:

When the rain is all you've got, then you put up with it.

Although out on my decking, it was 32c on occasion over the past week. So it doesn't always rain.. 😉

Criminal rates have gone up everywhere it seems, but not in our village it has to be said.. 😊

That's Arma! Your village is civilian or independent?

• Haha 2

I can't say if our village is civ/indie/blufor/opfor ( not in my remit😁), only to say, they wouldn't bother calling the police, there are plenty of places around here, to bury folk.. 😉

Seriously, small village that seems to have stood still in time. It's why we live here. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chrisb said:

Seriously, small village that seems to have stood still in time. It's why we live here. 🙂

I think I can understand;

ob_49affe_silder-polynesie.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

I think I can understand;

ob_49affe_silder-polynesie.jpg

O.k. I may move, of course.. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Well Porti Katsiki being in place number 1 is not that good of a choice but the rest are some amazing options!

I agree and been there in 2011 ,

i went to Egremni Beach , before the earthquake and this beach is for me really the best !

Porto Katsiki is very nice though !

Here is a video of Egremni  , before and after the earthquake :

Update: access to Gialos and Egremni 2019

https://lefkadabeaches.gr/

After the earthquakes that hit the region a couple of years ago the access to Gialos and Egremni beaches has been denied by land until the local authorities finish the works.

The Gialos beach now has access to the beach by road!

Egremni beach still has access only by the sea with daily cruises or you can rent rib boats and go there.

• Like 1