Gunter Severloh

Desert OPS Run - Tactical Arena v1.29

Hi Gunter,
So just curious, when I select to play as BLUFOR, the option to play against Spetsnaz is available.....is the factions script picking up that I own Contact, or are Spetsnaz available to play against for non Contact owners too?  If possible the ability to play as Spetsnaz would be a welcome addition.

Thanks for the continued support, loving the updates.

Spoiler

m6hwTSB.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EO said:

is the factions script picking up that I own Contact, or are Spetsnaz available to play against for non Contact owners too?

The factions script pretty much acquires all information based on groups available in the game for all factions, and lists them all based on the

side their on and your on.    

So its like if you loaded a mod that has factions, for example i like to use CUP units when i play, so when i choose Blufor

all the enemy factions in CUP that would oppose Blufor will be listed, and i believe this is the same for vanilla factions including DLCs, even factions for

the Global Mobilization DLC should show up provided you have those factions choose able in the game in the editor,

so i think the script again acquires what you have loaded and or whats available.

i think @Rydygier could explain this better as he wrote the script, Rydygier if you have a moment, can you enlighten

us on how the factions script works in terms of how the factions being listed in the menu show up based on the side you choose?

44 minutes ago, EO said:

If possible the ability to play as Spetsnaz would be a welcome addition.

I've thought about the possibility of having a setting or on the menu where you can choose your faction side,

you already can but not specifically as in what your asking about, but to code that i would have no idea how this is where Rydygier comes into the picture.

Overall the mission was setup with Arsenal for this purpose of choice, so in my mind basically if you wanted to play as Spetsnaz

just choose the faction side its on, and then customize your gear, uniform, weapons ect,. to play as what you want, that may be... hard for some

as they probably would prefer something already established then spending 10-15min setting up their gear to play a certain role they wanted.

I like the idea of choosing the side, and in the past what i had in mind on top of what is current is the following:

Mission Start - Menu

At mission start when the menu first shows up you would have the current setup,  once you have chosen your faction side,

then another box like the patrols, and garrisons box would show up underneath the faction side.

From here, there would be a faction list like that of the patrols, and garrisons, so you choose your faction, then another

box below that would the types of units which we could put into a class list array type thing in the script or a separate script.

This list would be the types of soldiers you can play as based on that faction you chose, also in the mp lan parameters

you can turn this on or off so you can just have default or this option, or possible just leave it where you just pick your own

gear and stuff from arsenal.

Idk how difficult this would be but maybe Rydygier could give a perspective on whats possible and or can be done, if hes still interested

and has time, as myself im not a coder so i have an idea but Rydygier writes code like he invented it 😄

So like a tier box

1. Choose Player Faction - Blufor, Opfor, independent.
  2. Choose Player faction side - List of factions to choose from based on first choice.
  3. Choose Player Role based on faction side choice - role lists all types of units in a list for that faction, choosing a role will equip the player with all said gear/weapons based on that role chosen.
  4. Choose Patrol faction - based on first choice like current.
  5. Choose Garrison faction - based on first choice like current.

So i like the idea, you can play either way to choose a faction and just go to arsenal or follow the boxes and go from there

i think it would really expand the mission's options, and replay ability too.

Another idea for the mission in general, and this was from Hortzy who proposed it, and this is something i definitely want to do but when,

is basically create a small terrain for the size of the arena if not a little bigger, then port the mission (objects) to the terrain, and make the object part of the terrain.

Hortzy says you can "bake" the objects to the map so its part of the map and not independent, this would cut the performance demand in half if not more depending

then the mission itself being the scripts, ect,. would be independent but work with the terrain.   It be like building a mission on a map that already has all the objects in place

all you have to do is add the mission details and you can play, so you are literally taking the guts of the mission out of the editor aside markers and triggers

and everything else is spawned and run by triggers and code ect,.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

how the factions script works in terms of how the factions being listed in the menu show up based on the side you choose?

The code runs through every single faction listed in the game's config ("CfgFactionClasses") and picks from them those, that "side" value indicates, the faction is of a side opposing to the player's side. In the said config are listed all vanilla factions along with all factions from loaded mods. Same code gather groups of such opposing faxctions found in the "CfgGroups". The function doing this is rather short in fact:

RYD_DA_CollectOpposingFactions = 
	{
	RYD_DA_HostileFactions = [];

_facClass = configFile >> "CfgFactionClasses";
	_opforSides = switch (RYD_DA_PlayerSide) do
		{
		case (2) : {[0,1]};
		case (0) : {[1,2]};
		default {[0,2]}
		};

for "_i" from 0 to ((count _facClass) - 1) do
		{
		_class = _facClass select _i;

if (isClass _class) then
			{
			_faction = toLower (configName _class);

_side = getNumber (_facClass >> _faction >> "side");
			if (_side in _opforSides) then
				{
				_gps = [_faction,[8,12],RYD_DA_PlayerSide] call RYD_DA_GroupsFind;
				if ((count _gps) < 1) exitWith {};

_displayName = getText (_facClass >> _faction >> "displayName");
				RYD_DA_HostileFactions pushBack [_faction,_displayName,_gps];
				};
			}
		};

publicVariable "RYD_DA_HostileFactions";
	};

Used here RYD_DA_GroupsFind is more complex, but its logic is similar. 

As for the players though, it works differently. There's one, predefined class of player unit per side (player picks only his side). Giving to the player more choices would require serious script reworking and of course redoing the GUI. Highly unlikely anytime soon...

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

.... Highly unlikely anytime soon...

No worries, using the Arsenal is fine. :icon_biggrin:

Update

Changelog

9-12-21

v1.21

- Increased garrison from 104 to 120.
- Fixed some floating furniture.
- Lowered a wall on a roof of a house in front of base 2.
- Misc adjustments to walls in various places.

Thats 21 times i've update the mission!

Not much of an update, this updates all 3 versions on the workshop, links in OP for google drive all versions have been updated.

This update is the result of my recent play throughs of the mission, as i play this almost regularly and i just happen to

run across some things along the way.

The part where it says the garrisons has increased to 120 really has no impact on performance at least none that i've noticed,

however when i play i drop my view distance to the bottom (500) as your not really seeing anything within the arena anyways, and if your

to busy staring at the scenery you'll probably get shot in the back 😄

If you drop your view distance to the bottom in VR too it makes a difference, i had a comment on the VR workshop version about bad performance

and went and tested it myself with the view distance dropped and i was still getting 67fps with all full 120 garrisons, along with at least 2 ground patrols

roaming about, so theres a few factors that effect performance.

This mission performance wise isn't going to work the best for everyone so as suggested drop the view distance, trust me it works.

Any questions let me know, theres really not much more i can do with this mission, i have something else for this i may be doing that will

enhance this mission alot but right now im sitting on the fence about it, as it will be a major project to do and its alot of new stuff i need to learn in

order to pull it off.

As for adding some ideas like choosing a faction role based on vanilla or mod in the menu, my idea was choose your side - Bluefor, Opfor, or independent

and then in the next box down a list of factions can be chosen, then another box down you choose what solider position you want to be

from there garrison faction if thats wanted, and then patrol faction, but i need Master Rydygier's help to pull that off, theres other ideas for this too like

for the patrols have a choice between a full squad which is about 8-12 members, or 6 man squad, down to a 3 man squad roaming about.

Outside of that i cant think of anything else that i could do to add some more features that would change how the mission is played a bit, if anyone

has some ideas (not adding more buildings, or walls, ect,.) as i cant exceed what i have as it will drop performance, my other possible projects

i mentioned up above will allow for that if i decide to do it.

Anyways those are ideas for a future update. All for today, Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Update

3-12-22

v1.22

- Removed the red arrow in the office building.

- Adjusted the position of all player ammo boxes at the player bases to allow more room for respawn which hopefully

prevents a player ammobox collision at one of the bases (bug fix).

=========

Not much of an update but there was something small reported on the workshop page about

when you respawn at one of the player starting positions (bases) that you would somehow collide with the ammobox, and it would launch

you into the air, instant death.   I couldn't determine which base this was occuring at i think base 2 but apon testing all the bases it didn't happen

so i think its random.

So considering this i just moved all the ammo boxes at the player starts to allow more for more room to respawn, hopefully this

fixes the issue when and if it occurs. Cheers!

• Like 1

Update

5-31-22

v1.23

- Possible fix to a respawn bug where the player might get stuck in base 3
and get flung into the air and killed.
    Reported by Czarny

===========

The issue from the previous update seemed to have persisted, so Czarny a regular player of the mission had reported that

when he respawned at base 3 that he would get stuck in the ceiling of the base building, and then in a few seconds get flung

into the air, land and be killed, forcing to have to revive, or respawn again.

Looking at the mission in the editor there was nothing obvious, however i did find which i think might have been the actual cause was

the building of base 3 from which the reported issue was shown in a small video, the building was not all the way snapped to the surface of the terrain.

This was the Altis version (original) released version, checking all the other buildings for the same thing, they were fine, i also opened up

the Stratis and VR versions and they were fine as well, just made some adjustments to them to be sure.

After testing in MP lan, i had respawned at Base 3 close to 29 times, ya the bodies were piling up 😄

and not once did i have the stuck in the ceiling and or flung in the air issue, so it may be safe to say this bug is fixed. Cheers!

• Like 2

Update

6-11-22

v1.24

- Replaced all base respawn markers with respawn modules, which should fix
the persistent respawn stuck in ceiling and slingshot bug.
(hopefully for good)

- Set the transparency on the center marker of the map to 0% so no more large marker
circle in the middle when you look at your map.

- Added 2 new parameters which will allow the player to adjust their
Aim Coefficient and Recoil Coefficient.

- Enabled simulation on all of the buildings with doors, previously on a dedicated server
you were unable to open the doors or enter any of the buildings, now you can.

- Added code that adds the shapes of all the buildings and walls to the map, giving you
an idea of where your at in relation to a building, also good for knowing what
buildings you have cleared in CQB.

===========

New port to Malden

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2819681875

Credits

Thanks to Czarny & sidekick7569 from the workshop comments for ideas, reporting and testing this on their dedicated servers!

I also want to thank a good friend and long time coder Rydygier for looking at some code for me.

• Like 1

Respawn stuck still there. Also -5 FPS in SP

Sammael

Mission plays fine for me, i tested all the repsawn points several times each and not once did i get the bug.

Also im getting 105fps with 60 garrison along with 4 patrols running around, so either your playing with the old version or

playing with 200 mods, have a low end computer or not playing in mp lan, and or have dont your view distance set at the bottom.

I need some details and answer these questions:

1. Are you playing the mission in MP lan or on a dedicated server? as thats how you play it.
  2. What mission are you playing - Altis, Stratis, Malden, or VR?
  3. Are you running any mods? if so what mods?
  4. How many garrisons did you have set?
  5. How many patrols do you have spawned, or is it set to automatic?
  6. Whats your view distance set at in you video settings?
  7. Overall what are your computer specs your playing the mission on?

Update

6-15-22

v1.26

- Changed the player respawn setup: buildings removed, respawn module replaced with base marker.

Notes
This should eliminate the sling shotting, and or the clipping in a ceiling.
Also this fixes the unreadable respawn positions on the map when you choose
a location to respawn at.

- Fixed the code and replaced the Aim & recoil coefficient parameter titles, they
now read Player weapon sway, & player weapon recoil.

- Replaced the loading screen with a new screen of the mission.

==================

Notes

Only Altis was updated to v1.26

its also v1.26 because v1.25 i found a small issue with a building and fixed that, and that was only on Altis.

@sammael

See my previous post.

Also read the NOTICE - Performance Warning! on the first post.

i have no issues with performance and i play this almost weekly, and no one else is complaining,

you need to provide details on your setup again answer those questions on my previous post.

• Like 1

My FPS drop caused  by JSRS and Lamb AI mods -when I set patrol and garriso MAX.  Also I play Arma on  notebook.

7 hours ago, sammael said:

My FPS drop caused  by JSRS and Lamb AI mods

Ah.. that would explain it, ya imo dont use AI mods in this mission it will break the garrison, i already tested the mission both with lambs ai and vcomai mods

and the garrisoned ai left their positions, plus it halted my game down to a slide show.

Mission already has a function in it called Hunter AI, the Ai that patrols will hunt you down, do cqb on you if they know your location, so it gets interesting.

Ideally in general when you play drop your view distance to the bottom, you'll gain alot of FPS.

Anyways the other maps for the mission will be updated during the week, along with the zip file with all missions updated to the latest version.

Any questions or feedback let me know, just know currently Altis is the only version updated.  Cheers!

I would like to see - blackout option. Right now when I set time to night  lanterns and spotlights shine brightly and I can't use nighvision  normally

3 hours ago, sammael said:

I would like to see - blackout option.

I suppose i could remove all the streetlights, and just keep the lanterns at the player start and respawn points, that

way at least you can still see the ammo box and the sign there before you turn your nvg's on.

I'll do that saturday when i update the other maps.

• Like 1

Update

v1.26 - All versions updated (Altis, VR, Stratis, & Malden)

OP updated with latest files (workshop & Zip file)

======================================

Changelog

• Changed the player respawn setup: buildings removed, respawn module replaced with base marker, a revamp of the mission.

-Notes-
This should eliminate the sling shotting, and or the clipping in a ceiling.
Also this fixes the unreadable respawn positions on the map when you choose
a location to respawn at.

• Fixed the code and replaced the Aim & recoil coefficient parameter titles, they now read Player weapon sway, & player weapon recoil.
  • Replaced the loading screen with a new screen of the mission.
  • Removed all streetlights, streetlamps, and lanterns, replaced the lanterns at player respawn points with a chemlight so you can have truly dark nights.

@sammael Thanks for the idea to remove streetlights, lamps, and lanterns, updated the mission accordingly, Cheers!

• Adjusted the color of the building shapes so you can see them better when you go to your map.

==================================

The last update was only Altis, that was updated again so that all map version have the

same changes, functions, features, ect,.

Performance notes

Because of the change in layout, setup of respawn points, removing streetlights, lamps, and lanterns

in v1.24 (prior update) it had a total of 1,709 objects

Current version 1.26

The mission now has 1,677 objects, thats a reduction of 32 objects in total!

This means a reduction in objects, will increase performance as there is less to render!

New screenshots

Added to the Imgur album

heres the current layout setup screenshots of the arenas per map:

Altis

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

VR

Stratis

Malden

• Like 1

Update

6-19-22

v1.27

=============
- Fixed 3 buildings not showing silhouettes on the map.

- Made all buildings without windows or glass be undamagable, along with any building without windows, these would

include the enemy ai spawn buildings, and the 2 garages, pergolas are still damageable.

=============

Thanks to Czarny on steam workshop page comments for his feedback!

Notes

- The building silhouettes are what you see when you go to your map while ingame, the silhouettes are there to give

you an idea of where your at in relation to buildings for the sake of CQB and MOUT tactics, so in this update there were 3

buildings that were added as they were missing.

Notes 2

- Any building that had glass or windows can be destroyed, Czarny pointed out that when he blew up an ammocache he found that

the building was destroyed too which left the ladder, and walls floating which made it look ugly.

Its understandable however making buildings indestructible would prevent all windows and or glass doors on them not breakable

which imo breaks immersion if there is any to be had.

So only those buildings that did not have windows or glass doors were made undamageable, except the pergollas.

========

All versions (maps) updated including the zip file with all version pbo's for those of you

whom like the mission on your server.

======

Cheers!

• Like 1

Update - v1.28

A massive update!

Changelog
v1.28
- Added another choice for the sway and recoil in the mp parameters which is
slight sway and slight recoil, these are the lowest settings next to no sway & recoil.

- Added a code to that will move any patrolling ai to the middle of the arena if
they enter the entrance to any player starting area, which replaces
the code that killed them before.

- Adjusted spawn marker for the commander as when he spawned under the stairs in the
office building he was clipping into the stairs.

- Extended a stair to the ground by two of the barracks buildings.

- Enemy ai(patrol) buildings were adjusted to be center of the areas they are in instead
of offset to the left as they were.

- The enemy ai(patrol) now have a door they go through which closes behind them
after they have left the building they spawn in. This eliminates 5 objects
from each spawn so a total of 20 objects have been eliminated altogether.
This also prevents the player from entering and seeing in the building.

- Fixed and rebuilt some parts of the outside walls around enemy ai spawns.

- Set the transparency to 0% for the player start markers, so now you wont see them on the map.
- Set the transparency to 0% of the center white dot, so now you wont see it on the map.
- Set the transparency to 0% for the AI spawn markers, so now you wont see
 them on the map.

- Updated
The self revive/self heal code, now when you get killed if you have a fak or medkit
and you revive/self heal, once you get up you'll have 20 seconds to leave the area.
You will be seen as a civilian to the enemy so they wont engage you, if the 20 seconds
are up the enemy can attack you, if you attack the enemy before the 20 seconds are up you
will be an enemy to any enemy ai patrolling.

- Updated the briefing adding czarny and sidekick7569 to the credits list.

- Changed the map silhouettes from grey to white so they can be better seen.(Malden, Stratis, & VR)

============

Notes

Video dont go into detail of whats in the update as the changelog above does,

vid demonstrates and goes over the major aspects of the update along with a gameplay demonstration.

• Like 1

Hello @Gunter Severloh
Here is Czarny (unfortunatelly this nick is taken here). Anyway...

Good piece of update.

Very good idea with new shape of AI spawn points and especially with revive protection. It was sometimes really annoying when AI killed you instantly after revive.

I have proposition: decreasing 20 seconds to 10 (maybe I would consider limitation during this time player can't kill any AI).
I forgot also about one thing. Currently player always starts form the same spawn point. He can pick another place only after dead. Maybe good idea would be introduce picking location before first spawn? Eg if I would like to start from the office or from spawn 5 (it can be also placed in mission parameters option as a "Starting position"). Maybe starting position should be random?

Hi Czarny!

24 minutes ago, kromka said:

I have proposition: decreasing 20 seconds to 10

No, already tried and tested, 10 seconds is up before you even get a chance to relocate, i tried with 15 its not long enough

seriously when your in mp lan or a dedicated it goes quick, you'll be an enemy to the ai before you can catch your breath, and sometimes

its buggy where it acts like its 3 seconds.

26 minutes ago, kromka said:

(maybe I would consider limitation during this time player can't kill any AI).

Did you watch the video at all? I demonstrate and explain the whole process.

Heres the catch, once you revive yourself you have 20 seconds to either leave the area or get back into the fight,

during the 20 seconds you are set as captive true (civilian), the enemy ai will not attack you,

unless 2 things happen:

1. Either the 20 seconds is up then you get the hint on the screen telling you that the enemy can attack you.

2. You attack the enemy before the timer is up which will shut the time off and just switch you back to being the enemy to them.

32 minutes ago, kromka said:

Maybe good idea would be introduce picking location before first spawn?

That parts easy its just this in the description.ext    respawnOnStart = 0;

0 is your starting where the player character is set in the mission.

1 would be when mission starts then you will get the map to choose where you want to start.

I can do that, it would at least change the scene so to speak from always starting from the same location.

36 minutes ago, kromka said:

Eg if I would like to start from the office

Well the rest of the spawns can work but for the office it has no ammobox other then the top floor but then thats

a normal cache with just grenades and stuff not a normal player starting ammo box, so if you wanted to do that

then i could add a player ammobox to the office building.

38 minutes ago, kromka said:

can be also placed in mission parameters option as a "Starting position"). Maybe starting position should be random?

Ya i would need help coding that, so the idea is basically if i were to setup another mp parameter for starting position

the option would be the following

1. Default would be start where the player starts now basically ----> respawnOnStart = 0;

and i would have that set in the parameters so that if you dont want random or to choose your spawn point then you can just leave the parameter alone.

2. Choose where you want to spawn then you would get this   respawnOnStart = 1; basically menu on the map, then once you actually spawn

in you would get the faction list.

3. Radom would be a gamble as to where you start at.

I like the idea.

Currently i think the revive part has a bugs 4 things happen.

1. Once in a while if you get killed you cant revive yourself even though you have a fak or more, so you end up having to

respawn instead, this is a 1-8 times it may happen, so its sorta rare.

2. After reviving yourself you are still the enemy so ai shoots you.

3. After reviving yourself the timer becomes to fast and instead of 20 seconds its like 5 seconds, this is like a 1 out of 5 times this may happen.

4. After reviving yourself all enemy still think your civilian and wont engage you.

This happened to me in my last game, after 3 hrs of game on my rented server with a friend we were down to about 6 ai garrison, every

ai patrol soldier i came across would not engage me same for any garrisoned soldier.

So the last one number 4 i had only came across once after the long game last night with a friend, any other time i ran into the other 3.

Yes I watched video.

I proposed limitation of shooting to AI becuase I have experience often single AI hit me and there may be temptation to kill him just after revive. But this is of course matter of player itself.

Ah, you are right. I forgot about lack of crate in the office.

Thank you for tips with description.ext.

I have observation about bug 1)
I've noticed as you've written there is a problem once per some time with the time of reviving. On the very beginning I tought it indeed prevents reviving, but recently I noticed this is just a matter of time: if I will wait about 45 sec process ends successfuly. I don't understand this delay but indeed it happens.

In case of the rest it may be unproper place of side switching command. I am not sure what happen precisely when player go to the state of revive an go outside this state. Especially if eg initPlayer.sqf is launched.

I had a problem when I added teleport option to the flag in my mission. After the players revive, teleport option sometimes gone for such player then I assume some kind of cancelation of states was done after or just before revive. Hovewer I didn't solved this problem.
Maybe this fact is somehow connected with yours - you just missed some critical place where side change should be added. I am not too good with A3 scripts. Or maybe this is a data propagation problem?

3 hours ago, kromka said:

you just missed some critical place where side change should be added. I am not too good with A3 scripts. Or maybe this is a data propagation problem?

The side change does happen just the code is either conflicting with something else or needs to be optimized as ideally

the code wasn't originally meant for this mission at least not the set captive true part of it, that was set for a singleplayer scenario

which works np i have a video of it in fact

As for mp the its the same code, i just decided to add what was in that video to Desert OPs Run here, it does work but

i been finding that it works like its supposed to 75% of the time, more testing needs to be done, to fix it ... idk i would have to ask

Rydygier for his help in this but thing is need to know whats going on.

The main thing im concerned about is the faction change where the player is not an enemy.

For now i take a break from this for a few days as i spent a ton of time on the update itself, and the video.

But keep testing and playing and report what you find or have ideas, dont go to crazy one thing at a time but at least when i get back on this then i have something to work on.

Already a few things in the arena itself (not code) for planks, ramps ect,. that i can add and do, so i hope all of you understand what im trying to do here as in

trying to reduce the object count for areas that arent needed as i said in my video for the update, the focus should be on the arena itself where

your going to spend 98% of your time, so if i can reduce objects elseware and put them towards the arena then performance will be more focused.

Just remember as i have noted the warning on the OP about performance please read if your having

lag or low performance, theres also the VR map you can play. - (for anyone that plays this mission)

Got it.

Just FYI, I don't have any performance problems. My spec is
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz   4.00 GHz, 32 GB RAM, SSD, Radeon RX 580

Also I didn't noticed any performance drops on dedicated.

As a summary I can say only that progress between curent version and first I played is very impressive. Mission is better playable, more interesting, more demanding, (despite some small problems) more stable.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 6:41 AM, kromka said:

I noticed this is just a matter of time: if I will wait about 45 sec process ends successfuly.

I also noticed this, where if i just laid there before i revived myself its like all the scripts, timers ect,. (just a theory) come current

and then when you do revive everything works as should.

On 7/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, kromka said:

Also I didn't noticed any performance drops on dedicated.

Thats good to know, same for me with another player and my friend has better specs then mine and he said mission ran fine.

so thats a plus thats what i like to hear, that the mission is playable, so reducing objects does also help with that.

More access points, ramps, planks etc,.

i plan to put more planks, ramps, ect,. access points in new various places that could use them.

How i determine this is well through play testing of course, but when i run into an area or want to go somewhere and i cant,

i usually get a feeling like "this needs a wall here i got no cover", or "i wish i could cross here but i can only go around"

so with that idea, if you guys feel there is a spot that needs a plank or an access point then let me know, but just a caution dont get crazy with it, there are limits

and anything big i'll then i need to update 4 versions of the mission.

Right now from my past few plays i know of a few places already that need a wall for cover, and a couple more spots

that could use an access point, its all about cover, escape and moving.

Tactics & Strategy

Just a note in the near future like my video seen here which is WW2 themed

Start watching at 12:39

I plan to record a modern version of my tactics and strategies i use when i play, considering i have played this mission

hundreds of times in the course of 3yrs, btw this past June was 3 yrs 😉

a modern version would be a gameplay like the above video of the various tactics i employ, alot of things i've learned

from training in the arena, using various types of guns, and fighting against various types of enemies.

If your the type of player that likes to crouch and hide because your to scared to get killed then my tactical methods can

bring that scared fighter out of hiding and up on his feet and facing the enemy with uncanny abilities.

Now i dont want to brag or say im an expert but i bring alot of experience with me aside the arena.

I spent a number of years in RO1 Ost as a clan leader in matches, tournaments and a league, as well as a realism unit

i lead back in the day from 2007-2010, in 1 life realism matches and campaigns against other units, the unit did alot of training,

so i bring alot of that with me.

Arma is its own beast and my preference is against ai with varying skill, dont get me wrong i still get killed but i look at it by

a term i use called Kill ratio, if the amount of kills you make exceed your deaths then your doing good, for me my last game

last night in fact with my friend i had 176 kills and 3 deaths, while my friend whom dont train like i do had about 40+kills and i forget how many deaths

and not to pick on the guy and i love em like a brother but he hardly plays arma so in the arena he is that

guy that runs around crouched and hiding.

Practice makes perfect!

On 7/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, kromka said:

As a summary I can say only that progress between curent version and first I played is very impressive. Mission is better playable, more interesting, more demanding,

(despite some small problems) more stable.

Thats good to know and hear, im happy your enjoying the mission, i put alot of love into it as its a dream come true for me, but

im happy to hear that from your perspective that it has improved alot over previous versions, and it performs well too which is important!

Bugs are always a given, it happens its arma we all know this but if we can identify a bug and know how to fix it or them like we have

then it can only improve on our enjoyment so much more.

I would say in this update alone v1.28 that there were 3 bugs and or situations that were eliminated

1. The AI spawn, because of the current setup many objects eliminated, and it prevents the player from going into the ai spawn, and its

efficiently functional via a simple trigger activated when the ai are present and then not, whats funny and idk if anyone else has run into this yet

but in my last play a snake clipped through the wall and opened the door, was funny to see actually but at the same time i was like what the hell!? 😄

2. The player start trigger codes have been changed so instead of demanding more resources to respawn more ai because previously

the ai would get themselves killed when walking into the trigger, the trigger now just moves them to the center of the arena, problem solved!

3. The player start respawn bug (v1.24), even though it was rare 3-10times it would happen depends, it was eliminated completely

by just removing the buildings, tho i miss the buildings and that layout, the bug cannot exist no matter what, so as i learned simple is best.

Can you please provide name for CQB script you use?