Dogone

"Required Addons"...Editor

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone may be able to help me, I have been playing with editor and creating a scenario's with some WW2 maps adding items like extra tree's, bushes buildings ect.., I had noticed next time I opened my saved mission so to speak I had a missing file ? ,

now I have not removed or added any files or maps in launcher not sure what to do but I have spent hours dressing up part of this map and I don't wont to lose it 😢 ....can anyone help thank you...does anyone  recognize this file...ff_Badges ?

8 hours ago, Dogone said:

does anyone  recognize this file...ff_Badges ?

Hello there Dogone !

The only sure about , is to load all your mods that you where using , when editing.

If this is not working , then you might were using a mod , that changed the name of this , in an update.

Would you like to add also your mission file here , in order to check if there is an editing possibility ?

You can remove the addons from your mission.sqm file with a text editor (if you saved unbinarized, otherwise you have to use a tool to unbinarize it first)

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 6:13 PM, Dedmen said:

You can remove the addons from your mission.sqm file with a text editor (if you saved unbinarized, otherwise you have to use a tool to unbinarize it first)

Hello Dedman,  can this be done with notepad ?...and if so do my missions need to have that binarize box ticked or unticked ?  Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Dogone said:

ticked or unticked ?

unticked, its ticked by default. if it is binarised you won't be able to edit or reload mission till you find the missing addon, the de-binarise tool dedmen mentioned will help...

note even binarised you can still load a .sqm file in notepad++ and the required addons list will be readable, its at the top

On 6/20/2019 at 6:42 AM, Dogone said:

does anyone  recognize this file...ff_Badges ?

What mods are checked in the launcher when you start the game for your mission?

Also if you have an rpt for the day you edited your mission that can tell us more specifically what mod you were running.

Locate your rpt here ---->  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Locate the rpt from that day it has date in the name, open it with notepad, copy everything and then paste it here ---> https://justpaste.it/

paste it there, publish it, then post a link.

When in doubt always check the rpt, first,  RPT will log everything in a session, mods, errors, addons listed, files, ect,.

Mission.sqm will list the addons but not the actual mod that they belong too, so your going to be guessing if you dont know what files belong to what mod,

rpt will break it down for you, and give you the whole picture, start there.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, Dogone said:

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone may be able to help me, I have been playing with editor and creating a scenario's with some WW2 maps adding items like extra tree's, bushes buildings ect.., I had noticed next time I opened my saved mission so to speak I had a missing file ? ,

now I have not removed or added any files or maps in launcher not sure what to do but I have spent hours dressing up part of this map and I don't wont to lose it 😢 ....can anyone help thank you...does anyone  recognize this file...ff_Badges ?

Yes, I use notepad++, just remove the item from the first (usually) two sections 1/addons & 2/addonsAuto. Be careful to remove just what you don't need.