JohnKalo

Script Disobeying Commands

What I want to do should have been simple but for some reason it is not. I want to have 2 screens ingame play two different videos in an MP mission. So I run a script via a trigger with an execVM.

Name of tv screens tv01 and tv02. Script:

tv01 setobjecttextureglobal [0,"Videos\Info01.ogv"];
["Videos\Info01.ogv", [10, 10]] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_playVideo", [0,-2] select isDedicated, false];

tv02 setobjecttextureglobal [0,"Videos\Info02.ogv"];
["Videos\Info02.ogv", [10, 10]] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_playVideo", [0,-2] select isDedicated, false];

What hapens is that both screens play video Info02. After tests I discovered that it plays whatever video is the one called last. So what is going on guys?

The only thing I can think of is that the BIS_fnc_playVideo function can only work one at a time. If so how can I fix it?

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the replies!

Update:

The BIS_fnc_playVideo function does not only play the same video on screens tv01 and tv02 but also on the nearby screen tv03 without being called! Seems like the function applies on all screens for some reason.

Fixed that with BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject since the 3rd screen is no longer used. It is the one being used first. Now:

Spawn both codes. (not tested)

Sadly do not know how to do that. My latest scripting achievement due to campaign needs is the use of VARIABLES :yay:with many limits .... lol.

Hello there John !

Might be something else , because it should work as i see here in these images ,

here is a script :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29871

Downloaded the file but it cannot be opened. It is for the 2D editor. And in the .sqf file alone it is really complicating.

Or something like this 

Sadly that one I have used before and it is not MP friendly. Only one player can see the video footage at a time. in order for another to see it he must use the addAction and block the footage from the other guy.

Nothing, the function is working as intended, when you pass another video, the previous one stops, it is all documented here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_playVideo

Are you talking about this line:

Default variable "BIS_fnc_playVideo_skipVideo" is set to true:

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_fnc_playVideo_skipVideo", true];

Do I have to make it false someway? Because I do not know what missionNamespace is and in the discription it says Returns the global namespace attached to mission. Like studying Advanced Mathematics III. One page can need 1 day :stuck:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnKalo said:

Are you talking about this line:

No, this line

The video can be stopped in variety of ways:

The function is called or spawned again with another video, for example "\a3\missions_f_exp\video\exp_m04_v02.ogv"

• Thanks 1

No, this line

The video can be stopped in variety of ways:

The function is called or spawned again with another video, for example "\a3\missions_f_exp\video\exp_m04_v02.ogv"

Thought if the screen was different it would not have an impact on the first screen. The BIS_fnc_playVideo function seems to have issues. 

5 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Thought if the screen was different it would not have an impact on the first screen. The BIS_fnc_playVideo function seems to have issues. 

Not real issue but the fact is this function uses the same global variables in missionNameSpace. Perhaps it's possible to rework it, choosing the screen object as variable space... just an idea.

• Like 1