Occam's Razer

Static Object Issues

Hello,

I've recently gotten interested in creating models for Arma 3. Currently, I have an object successfully imported into the game, but it's got two big issues:

1. It doesn't show up in Eden's asset browser. To rule out any other variables ATM, I've just adapted the config files from the Arma 3 Samples lamp object, and changed only the filepath to point to my model. Theoretically, it should show up as 'My Lamp,'  but the only way I've been able to so much as tell it's there is by spawning it via a trigger running the createVehicle function.
  2. The object is completely non-collidable. In both Blender and Object Builder, I have a geometry, physx geometry, and fire geometry LOD. The whole object is a simple cube, so there are no concave shapes. All geometry LODs were given a convex triangulation in Object Builder, and checked for non-convexities and non-closed shapes with none detected. In spite of this, the object can be walked, driven, fired, and thrown through.

In order for the object to show up in the eden editor you need to add the editor classes.

see this link :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Object_Categorization

as for the object you can walk through. Did you add mass to the object as well as find all components via the structure menu drop down 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:14 PM, m1lkm8n said:

In order for the object to show up in the eden editor you need to add the editor classes.

see this link :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Object_Categorization

as for the object you can walk through. Did you add mass to the object as well as find all components via the structure menu drop down 

Thanks man, it's working now! I'd tried adding mass to the object in Blender before, but nothing really happened. Didn't know about the components thing. And I had looked into categories, but it turns out that the Arma 3 Lamp sample defaults to scope = protected (doesn't show up in editor).

• Like 1