yax

H-60 Interactive Blackhawk pack - Patch 0.6 released - Join our discord

Friggin' awesome stuff! Really cool. 🙂

This is ***ing amazing. We have a community where we host a Realism server. It was in hiatus recently but we have brought it back with more emphasis on realism and this mod would be perfect. Hell, wish we had this level of detail on interaction with all vehicles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PotionSeller said:

Do you currently have plans to add "SOAR" versions of the Blackhawk? such as the DAP

We'd like to implement some versions like this in the future, though all variants will share the same UH-60M cockpit.

1 hour ago, roberthammer said:

Very nice , like a TKOH mod 😄

btw Is that a new BH model or Yura's?

The basis is the vanilla arma 2 blackhawk model, with a new interior made from scratch by Riverx, he will also be giving the exterior a facelift to bring it in to 2019.

57 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

This is ***ing amazing. We have a community where we host a Realism server. It was in hiatus recently but we have brought it back with more emphasis on realism and this mod would be perfect. Hell, wish we had this level of detail on interaction with all vehicles.

Thank you, a large part of this project has been implementing the interaction system as a standalone framework, so this will make it much easier to bring this level of interaction to other vehicles in the future.

• Like 9

I like it so far!! The cockpit looks a lot less laggy than the illegal Peral port that everyone is "not" using........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, robert31178 said:

I like it so far!! The cockpit looks a lot less laggy than the illegal Peral port that everyone is "not" using........

We appreciate that 🙂

• Like 1

Can anyone else hear angels singing?

Seriously.. So this means eventually we can program other helicopters with this same level of interactivity, specializing in the systems of that individual aircraft?  Oh be still my beating heart!

Really looking forward to this!
Hopefully, we will eventually see an ESSS version, allowing for external fuel and weaponry pods.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, 160thSixgun said:

Seriously.. So this means eventually we can program other helicopters with this same level of interactivity, specializing in the systems of that individual aircraft?  Oh be still my beating heart!

Yes, and any other vehicle, though it is important to remember that while this will massively simplify the process, it will at its core still be very complicated and labor intensive to reach this level of detail.

Interaction config demo

Interaction configuration will be very similar to the process of configuring ACE interaction. Similarly to ACE interaction, the framework allows interaction both on mempoints and on hardcoded model coordinates. I used that technology to make a quick demo of how little lines can be involved for very basic interaction.

Here's a demonstration of adding functionality to the engine start button in the vanilla MATV:

This was the config/scripting in the gif:

class cfgVehicles {
  class MRAP_01_hmg_base_F;
  class B_MRAP_01_hmg_F: MRAP_01_hmg_base_F {
    class vxf {
      class interaction {
        class b_starter1 {
          positionType="coordinates";
          position[] = {-0.08,-0.85,-0.62};
          label="Engine Start";
          radius=0.5;
          buttonUp="(_this # 0) engineOn true";
          clickSound="vxf_Switch_Sound";
        }; // b_starter1
      };
    };
  };
};

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

If there's going to be a Mod of the Year award this surely is getting my vote.

I can't wait! 😄

• Like 1

Bring this technology to all the Vanilla vehicles and you've got yourself a whole another gaming experience. 

• Like 6

Diesel!  Great to see you here!  Hope all is well.  I'm still hangin' at the schoolhouse.  As an old Hawk driver I am really excited to see this level of detail in Arma helos.

Tribute or tribune?? Unless you're blazing your own trail I'm pretty sure it's the latter!

Will you guys simulate more advanced damage? Like if you had an engine fire where you would need to pull the engine cutoff and press a fire extinguisher button?

Thanks for the kind words everybody. We've got some people helping us out with testing and feedback now, and we'll hopefully be showing off some more progress later this month. We're largely satisfied with the start up procedure and are moving on to building some more useful functionality for gameplay, along with generally improving the usability of the mod.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:27 PM, The Flying Gasmask said:

Will you guys simulate more advanced damage? Like if you had an engine fire where you would need to pull the engine cutoff and press a fire extinguisher button?

While we're not quite sure yet on the level of detail we'll model the damage with, we do intend to expand the damage system beyond what is implemented in vanilla arma.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Progress update

A large part of our time has been spent tweaking what we have, we've also managed to implement altitude control autopilot modes, and we've started work on the intercom system.

Parallel to the technical implementation effort, the overhaul of the exterior model has begun, and today it has reached a state where we feel comfortable sharing some initial footage of the new exterior model:

• Like 25

That looks great. Amazing work