yax

H-60 Interactive Blackhawk pack - Patch 0.6 released - Join our discord

Update

We've been quiet for a while, development was paused for a few months and now it continues at a reduced pace. It hasn't been standing still though, we've been working on polishing the mod, adding special mission variants and working on some non-pilot features.

BC3Qm7m.jpg

DOdETFZ.png

unknown.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

That looks great.  Any interest in making the gun work only if the APU or helicopter is actually running?  Would add even more authenticity.

Absolutely brilliant! Really glad you are still able to keep the project going. Can't begin to imagine all the complexities and trying to get Arma's engine to cooperate with your ideas and wishes.  😄

I've also made a Hoist script for the unit i'm with. From my experience it might be worth to make an option panel with i.e. 10m, 20m, etc..

Hello, i want to ask, where i can download this mods to use, cause is amazing 😃

Nossa que ideia de gênio. Parabéns a equipe, estou ansioso pelo MOD.

Google Tradutor, Sorry!

"Wow what a genius idea. Congratulations to the team, I'm looking forward to the MOD."

Se precisarem de algum suporte, mesmo que financeiro, não deixem de colocar aqui, pois com certeza nós da comunidade Arma não mediremos esforços para que esse projeto saia do papel e fique disponível para todos.

"If you need any support, even if financial, do not forget to put it here, as surely we in the Arma community will not measure efforts so that this project gets off the ground and is available to everyone."

On 4/12/2020 at 12:41 PM, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

Is there a way to make them work like vanilla aircraft 

Would kind of defeat the purpose of the mod though. If you want aircraft that behave like vanilla, either use vanilla or there's other mods that have simple Black Hawks (i.e. RHS, CUP)

For the ETA on release, we're trying to get the initial release done within the next couple months.

For making them work like vanilla aircraft, we might end up implementing something that strips out most of the scripted functionality so you can use it like any other vanilla style helo.

In the meantime, we've been doing a lot of bugfixing and hardening recently, but we've also been getting some more help to develop new features. We ended up getting the hoist to a near finished state.

MuhSP3o.jpg

QsgTLTC.jpg

The hoist will be installed and functional on all variants.

We don't intend on adding any more major features than what we currently have, or any other additional variants, but we are still making small improvements to the model, like adding additional fuel tanks to the cabin of various versions.

ubxpqbc.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Cant wait for the release, I've been dying to fly it! Will the basic uh-60 get pylon options or smaller door guns? Don't get me wrong mini guns are fun but its nice to have something different every now and again. Keep up the good work!

While I agree that some doorgun variety would be great, we unfortunately don't have the time to implement anything other than the miniguns we have

• Like 1

I noticed that AI that are on the door guns aren't engaging hostiles at all. Will the ability for AI to use the door guns be added in the future?

• Like 1

Is it not on the workshop anymore?

On 5/21/2020 at 12:29 AM, yax said:

We don't intend on adding any more major features than what we currently have, or any other additional variants, but we are still making small improvements to the model, like adding additional fuel tanks to the cabin of various versions.

Oh, boy... Have you gave up on clickable cockpit thence? I mean, allegedly she's perfectly flyable with only one engine running while the engine's lever is set at idle. Also, she can do full loops and barrel rolls at relatively low airspeed, as I heard. Will those not gonna be improved?

I would love to have external fuel tanks (CEFS) do you think of something like that? if not, I myself would like to model, texturize, and if possible have support from you to add compatibility to the helicopter.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, NightIntruder said:

Oh, boy... Have you gave up on clickable cockpit thence? I mean, allegedly she's perfectly flyable with only one engine running while the engine's lever is set at idle. Also, she can do full loops and barrel rolls at relatively low airspeed, as I heard. Will those not gonna be improved?

Do you have much room to speak? Progress is great, we have a committed frame of a helicopter with at LEAST an interactive cockpit. I think it’s fine 

On 6/11/2020 at 6:11 PM, typhoontiger said:

Do you have much room to speak? Progress is great, we have a committed frame of a helicopter with at LEAST an interactive cockpit. I think it’s fine 

Sure, I do 😉 And yeah, would love to see that progress. I mean, no offence but I went through the CC path 1.5 year ago and found it hard to be expanded above simple implementations (more like fake mechanisms). So yeah, H60 is fancy and looks great, at least. I am very keen on seeing how far you will get and hope to learn you overcomed limitations some day. So, godspeed boys 🙂  

@NightIntruder You only have to look at the F18+ITC Air mods to see Yax and his team are very capable of making the cockpit fully functional, the F18 has pretty much everything you could possibly want, but this is pushing the limits of Arma, and Yax and his team have achieved more than anyone else in this area, it just takes time, people have jobs and lives.

@SnakeDocc  This is not pushing Arma limits anywhere, it's just scripting them around when it comes to CC 😉
I was working on my own CC for S-76A months before H60 came up using similar approach at the beginning. I've also been working on rescue hoist years ago based on the same principles guys work here on now. Even invention of elastic air refuelling cable isn't more than just clever usage of default Arma ropes. I am not gonna mention all those guys who were first in those fields - Franze, NodUnit, IkaR, etc. but we all should give them credits. So let's be honest with other modders as there are bunch of talented guys around - there is not much of real milestone achieved in this project. I know what the Yax is capable of, tho and I hope to see great things from him again. I just doubt these guys are able to deliver smth consistent with systems already existed in the game and the problems they have with CC vs AFM prove that in my eyes. CC won but it's not what makes the helo more immersive or realistic. Just my 2 cents.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:37 AM, Polik164 said:

Any Update? Would absolutely love to fly this thing. Looks Amazing.

It is released on Steam Workshop