yax

H-60 Interactive Blackhawk pack - Patch 0.6 released - Join our discord

Thanks for expressing interest in testing, and thanks everyone for your continued feedback. We might not be able to act on every comment we get, but we appreciate them all the same.

Progress has been continuing, though a little slower than before since we're both pretty busy in our day to day lives. We'll likely post some kind of progress update later this month.

We do regularly add new testers as new features are added, so people are free to keep expressing interest.

If you'd like to get some more insights on our design decisions, our testing process, and even the overall progress of the project, you're welcome to join our discord here! Discord is also where we tend to draw testers from, as it allows for quick feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I was hoping to record a narrated update video, it's unlikely that'll happen this month, so instead for now I decided to just record a quick flight with some of the new fancy stuff.

In the video you can see the built-in help provided for start-up, adding waypoints with the ACE microdagr, adding waypoints based on map locations, and some expanded MFD and FMS functionality.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Impressive guys .Well done.🙂

I didnt expect you guys to go that Sim.😎

The progress continues

We've recently had a GAU-21 model donated to us, from Foxone and Flanders, and it got us in the mood for some frankensteining. With ESSS pylons from arma 2 and a new lick of paint, we now have something that pretty closely resembles the MH-60S Knighthawk.

Currently we have variants set up with and without both the pylons and the cabin GAU-21, so you can go from a sleek and light troop transport to a pretty ridiculous collection of firepower. As you may notice there's no FLIR on it yet, but that's in the works.

ppuLA1r.jpg

5wJM4iX.jpg

hxObc10.jpg

bDtdXjz.png

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Looking good mate. 

Can see this being the new standard for further platforms and it’s really exciting. 

Do you mind hitting me with a updated discord link? The one a few posts up said expired. 

Cheers. 

Progress update

As testing continues, we've spent most of our time focused on polishing the blackhawks, getting bugs sorted out and in general making it a more pleasant experience. On occasion though, we can't help but sneak in some fun new features.

The first feature we'll be showing off today is something we think is quite special.

XANJXfY.jpg

FJdCPlb.jpg

PhysX based Air to Air Refueling

Through a combination of arma's physx rope system and some scripting, we've built a brand new air to air refueling system that is more realistic and challenging than anything previously seen in arma. Just like the real thing you have to extend your probe, fly it in to the basket, and keep formation with the tanker, to stop refueling you simply fly back from the basket until it detaches. It's simple, it's fun, it's quite challenging, and we think everybody will get a good kick out of it.

CRRC Boat Attaching

Not all features have to be flashy, complex or groundbreaking, so the second feature we're showing off today is the ability to attach CRRC boats to the bottom of the blackhawk, and dropping them off.

General changes

QlhqFVH.jpg

In general we've made a bunch more tweaks to the hawks, we've added new seat models for the cabin, improved the main rotor(added forward tilt and made some model changes), and added basic IK animations to the doorgunners.

The discord invites have temporarily been disabled, we'll make sure to post it here when we're opening the server back up.

We'd like to thank everyone for patiently following our progress over the past year. We hope you've had a good holiday season and we wish you all a happy new year!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, shadowhunter123 said:

Is there a new discord link? Mine seems to not work.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:18 PM, yax said:

The discord invites have temporarily been disabled, we'll make sure to post it here when we're opening the server back up.

8 hours ago, BlackSomethingDown said:

Ah okay, thank you. I can't wait to see what you guys cook up. Loving the pictures, so far.

Hello,

I would test this mod on Linux Servers if you need tester for that just say me ^^

if the Discord reopingen i would Join it too.

Good Works btw^^

Same here, if you still need any testers my clan would be really greatful for the opportunity. We have a couple of guys who fly regularly in ArmA (including myself) and testing this would be mindblowing, especially since there are no good up-to-date combat helicopter sims (except for DCS, but welp, you can't fly a Black Hawk there).
Anyway, I appreciate all of your work, great stuff man. Can't wait 😄

Have to admit this mod is ticking a hell of a lot of boxes :). really nice work fellas. May i ask can the copilot position enter multiple waypoints using the micro dagger, as well as the pilot. ?  if this was a feature then oh my days it would be the only uh 60 mod to use imo  of course.

1 hour ago, Hammer.PT said:

just a question. Can we download this beautifull bird ? from where ?

Thanks

Its not been released yet, hence why the thread is in the Discussion area of the forums.

• Like 2

Will you going to add worldwide UH-60 skins like Japanese UH-60JA and South Korean UH-60P?

uh60ja_08.jpg

UH-60JA

24446938378_aabba0a2ea_b.jpg

UH-60P

PhysX based Air to Air Refueling is one of the most amazing things I have seen in Arma.

Of course the interactive MFDs and the startup is no less mind blowing : )

This whole project - Massive respect!

Everything is looking amazing! Do you all have a Discord for updates on your work and where folks can potentially assist with testing?

My community would love to test your mod. Is there an estimate on when the damage model would be done?