yax

H-60 Interactive Blackhawk pack - Patch 0.6 released - Join our discord

Will there be a option to pick what door gun you want like a m240 for example, or is the mini gun all it will come with? Keep up the good work cant wait to get my hands on this bad boy!

I noticed in the video that the flying looked like ufo like, no gravity, floating like there is no weight to them. Is the physics/memory points done on them? 

18 hours ago, payne2010 said:

Will there be a option to pick what door gun you want like a m240 for example, or is the mini gun all it will come with? Keep up the good work cant wait to get my hands on this bad boy!

We'd like an M240 to be added at some point, but it is relatively low on our priority list.

18 hours ago, 2LT Miller said:

I noticed in the video that the flying looked like ufo like, no gravity, floating like there is no weight to them. Is the physics/memory points done on them? 

The physics are set up fine, but pretty much all recording was done using altitude hold autopilot, which makes it very float-y.

• Like 4

Did you guys ever find a person with UH-60 operation experience? (I can put you in contact with a buddy of mine).

diesel5187 is current and has offered to test.  I flew UH-60 for twenty years so if you need assistance let me know.

• Haha 1

60 Crewchief here, I've worked on Mikes specifically for the past 6 and a half years. I have a couple critiques that should improve the "authenticity", as Jay Crowe would say. I'm not going to start counting rivets or going into nity-gritty details, but here are some changes that I think could be made to make it a true Mike model, I'll start nose to tail then go up to the main rotor pylon.

Cockpit:

1. The edges of the windshields should be sharp 90 degree corners, instead of beveled.
  2. The aircraft shouldn't have those homing antennas that are just behind the pilot doors. That's an Alpha/Lima model thing.
  3. The main landing-gear drag beam fairing (also what the pilot's step is connected to) is the Alpha model profile. The Mike has it stick out to the outside edge of the tire and squared off on the end to make room for the LWR. Its also set up for the refuel probe on the right side, normal active army doesn't use this.
  4. The two blade antennas on the belly shouldn't exist. They were only on dedicated rescue helicopters (IE the HH60G and HH60M), and are now obsolete, so they were removed.

Cabin:

1. The cabin door should be either all the way open or all the way closed, there is no locking mechanism to hold it anywhere else.
  2. The main landing gear wheel doesn't have that huge cylinder protruding out from it on the inboard side. The axle is just smaller than the nut holding the wheel on the outboard side.
  3. I'm sure you're going to upgrade the seats, but its worth noting. Currently you have Alpha/Lima seats installed. Mike seats are much different.
  4. I saw the rappel rings, those are pretty much only used during Air-Assault School. Also the FRIES bar in the fast roping pictures looks like its too far forward, but it may be the angle.
  5. The aft Laser Warning Receiver is installed on these blocks. Also the vent below this one is only on the left side.
  6. Active duty UH-60Ms typically don't have hoists installed, but National Guard and Reserve units may have them installed.

Tail:

1. There should not be a long high frequency antenna going down the side of the tail boom. That's an Alpha/Lima feature, and should only be on the left side.
  2. I'm not sure what that random blade antenna is in the middle of the tail boom is, but it doesn't exist on Mikes.
  3. There should be 3 countermeasure "buckets" two flare launchers on either side angled outward and one chaff launcher on the left side angled up and back. Each holding 30 shots.
  4. There's a loop antenna just above where the tail landing gear attaches.
  5. The outboard panels of the folding stabilator wing are composite and don't have the strengthening bumps that the old aluminum ones have. (See chaff/flare pic)

Main Rotor Pylon:

1. The main rotor blade tips are the old Alpha/Lima style (the upward angle is incorrect, though). The blade tips should be angled down and back.
  2. The blades should have two small trim tabs (thin bits hanging off the trailing edge of the blade seen above)
  3. The IHIRSS (Improved Hover Infra-Red Suppression System) exhaust, while not on Mike models anymore, should be tucked in a little more. (Rotated down, to be more in line with the top edge of the airframe looking from the side, and rotated down when looking from the front.) Note, most of these pictures are from other variants of the H-60, the HIRSS on everything else and the IHIRSS on the Mike are externally identical: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic3, Pic 4, Pic 5, Pic 6, Pic 7, Pic 8, Pic 9, Pic 10, Pic 11, Pic 12, Pic 13, Pic 14, Pic 15, Pic 16, Pic 17, Pic 18, Pic 19, Pic 20, Pic 21, Pic 22, Pic 23, Pic 24, Pic 25
  4. On the HIRSS, the engine's IPS (Inlet Particle Separator) blower duct is only visible on the left side.

With all of those critiques aside, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, especially the cockpit, keep up the good work.

Also, all but the #3 MFD (Second from the right) are powered by the generators. When you turn the battery on, only the #3 MFD should come on.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 8/11/2019 at 3:14 AM, yax said:

We'd like an M240 to be added at some point, but it is relatively low on our priority list.

The physics are set up fine, but pretty much all recording was done using altitude hold autopilot, which makes it very float-y.

Which autopilot system are you using? Are you modeling your own?

Thanks,

20 hours ago, A. Skyried said:

Did you guys ever find a person with UH-60 operation experience? (I can put you in contact with a buddy of mine).

Yes, we've had some UH-60 pilots and crew chiefs reach out to us and we've been getting some useful feedback.

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

*gold mine of information*

Thanks for all that info, we really appreciate it. I've been told before that our exterior was based on a UH-60L, but they didn't bother explaining any of the differences(other than pointing out the lack of UES), the amount of detail you described is awesome and will be very useful for us to move forward with.

I can't say we'll be changing every little bit of it, but we'll try to fix some of these mistakes we made, especially things like removing antennas that shouldn't be there will be an easy fix.

The cabin we'll be doing a lot of work on, we had not touched on it at all yet as we showed off the exterior. Things like the door positions and animations have already been fixed. The FRIES system is the ACE one in the images but we'll likely be building an (ACE compatible) custom one.

The hoist we'll likely be keeping around by default just because it feels like it might be a nice little bonus gameplay gimmick to have available.

30 minutes ago, Jnr4817 said:

Which autopilot system are you using? Are you modeling your own?

We're making our own autopilot system. We've been having some issues with pitch and roll controlling modes due to technical limitations, but the collective controlling modes are working very well.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, yax said:

Thanks for all that info, we really appreciate it. I've been told before that our exterior was based on a UH-60L, but they didn't bother explaining any of the differences(other than pointing out the lack of UES), the amount of detail you described is awesome and will be very useful for us to move forward with.

I can't say we'll be changing every little bit of it, but we'll try to fix some of these mistakes we made, especially things like removing antennas that shouldn't be there will be an easy fix.

The cabin we'll be doing a lot of work on, we had not touched on it at all yet as we showed off the exterior. Things like the door positions and animations have already been fixed. The FRIES system is the ACE one in the images but we'll likely be building an (ACE compatible) custom one. 

The hoist we'll likely be keeping around by default just because it feels like it might be a nice little bonus gameplay gimmick to have available.

No problem, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll give the best answer that I can.

I figured you were going to update the cabin considering it was still BI's sample and you completely overhauled the cockpit, but thought it was worth while to point it out.

Also the hoist isn't necessarily unrealistic. All H-60M helicopters come with the mount for the hoist built in.

It'll be nice to see it used to hoist people out.

Also, the stabilator does a lot to augment the flight characteristics. From hover to 40 KIAS the stabilator should be ~40 degrees trailing edge down, then gradually slewing to horizontal at around 120-130 KIAS.

Also2, a neat feature would be to have the stabilator horizontal with power off and then slewing full down once the APU/generators power it. We park the aircraft with the stab. horizontal.

2 minutes ago, b00ce said:

No problem, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll give the best answer that I can.

I figured you were going to update the cabin considering it was still BI's sample and you completely overhauled the cockpit, but thought it was worth while to point it out.

Also the hoist isn't necessarily unrealistic. All H-60M helicopters come with the mount for the hoist built in.

It'll be nice to see it used to hoist people out.

Also, the stabilator does a lot to augment the flight characteristics. From hover to 40 KIAS the stabilator should be ~40 degrees trailing edge down, then gradually slewing to horizontal at around 120-130 KIAS.

Also2, a neat feature would be to have the stabilator horizontal with power off and then slewing full down once the APU/generators power it. We park the aircraft with the stab. horizontal.

As Yax Said, big thanks for the info. 
When I was updating external model I wasnt that picky and 1:1 to Mike model(and now I feel bad about it) but with that info I will try to redo what's possible(withouth redoing everything from scratch as it would require new UVmaps etc).
Again, thank you 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, robert31178 said:

I like it so far!! The cockpit looks a lot less laggy than the illegal Peral port that everyone is "not" using........

What is illegal about what I'm working on? Is updating and porting a mod from Arma 2 to Arma 3 with the original creator illegal? "Looks less laggy", yes my way of doing it is almost 8 years old now from when I set it up for my A10C based off an Arma 2 interactive system witch I worked with the original creator of that to set up mine. With many updates to Arma 3 you can do a lot more now, so now I have been reworking it. "everyone is "not" using" this is because I and Yura have RL things come up and every two to three months we are fighting to take down illegal uploads of the Arma 2 UH60s we are working on. Anyway I like how this mod is looking, I like to see more people trying to put more realistic and immersive things in Arma. I look froward to seeing what you guys can do with this, and this inspires me to work a bit harder on getting my mod done sooner. Thank you 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, peral said:

What is illegal about what I'm working on?

Pretty sure he's talking about one of those illegal uploads you mention yourself 😉 Not Yura and your's fine looking mod. 

Ps, and not to draw away from Riverx & Yax new INSANELY good looking mod here, but a lot of us have doubt about your mod Yura. Simply too long ago now.

it's me or the bending of the main rotor blades is a bit strange ? (it seems that the ending part of each blade is not bent properly , only the first part of the blades seems to be bending properly)

Here you can see what i'm refererring to : TOoUyPO.jpg

real one comparison : 1200px-Defense.gov_News_Photo_040726-A-1

7 hours ago, Drangoll45 said:

real one comparison :

UH-60M has different "wide chord" main rotor blades to the UH-60L in your image

S-70A%20(UH-60M)-3.jpg

But yeah the tips seem like they might bend differently

UH-60M:

https://www.planephotos.net/photos/17730_Sikorsky-UH-60M-Black-Hawk_7642.jpg

https://defence-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/1000w_q95-33.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

UH-60M:

Yeah maybe I expressed my thought in the wrong Way

what i mean ( from what i see ) Is that only the First quarter of each blade seems to have a bending animation ( if you look  closely you can see the First quarter pointing up ( due to the bending of the blade) , but the remaining part points down towards the ground)

the remaining part seems left in the orginal state ( when engines are Turned off).

Btw congrats ( to the devs) on the project . Very looking forward to this Bird!

22 hours ago, Drangoll45 said:

it's me or the bending of the main rotor blades is a bit strange ? (it seems that the ending part of each blade is not bent properly , only the first part of the blades seems to be bending properly)

Here you can see what i'm refererring to :

real one comparison :

Yeah I've just started to understand how bending anim work in ARMA using weighted vertex painting. 
It will be adjusted at later date for sure 🙂

16 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

UH-60M:

That has also been acknowledged earlier and will be changed in the model among few other things.
Now we are focusing on systems and scripting, but art part will not be forgotten.
Also HQ blur rotor has been added

1 minute ago, RiverX_PL said:

Yeah I've just started to understand how bending anim work in ARMA using weighted vertex painting. 
It will be adjusted at later date for sure 🙂

That has also been acknowledged earlier and will be changed in the model among few other things.
Now we are focusing on systems and scripting, but art part will not be forgotten.
Also HQ blur rotor has been added

No problem. Take your time 

On 9/5/2019 at 12:06 PM, RiverX_PL said:

Yep they are

I've noticed they are bit compressed even when Airborne. Maybe  they should be a bit lower  ( rear and front Gear ) when not on the ground.

( Sorry for my  meticulousness , i come from Flight simulators 🙃)