avibird 1

Why no ability to use the guard waypoint in Zeus!

Unless I'm missing something there is no way to use the guard waypoint when using Zeus when running a mission. Achilles adds a few additional waypoint types but still no guard. You have to use MCC to give a group of units a guard waypoint.

Bohemia amazes me sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a bad way. 

They provide the community with this awesome tool or Zeus but it seems functions are always half ass and never completed with the stock vanilla game.

The guard waypoint perhaps is the best most dynamic waypoint mission makers have in their arsenal to allow for dynamic missions to unfold with minimal scripting an additional waypoints.  why in the life would they give us such an amazing tool like Zeus and leave out the guard waypoint is beyond me down there stand the logic behind that. Just my thoughts and me venting about poor decision-making at times from bohemian. Avibird.

I've asked this question a while ago. Why does the Zeus interface have no ability to drop down a guard waypoint. You can use the MCC add-on to place down a guard waypoint on a group but it's not available for Zeus I was just wondering why? 

Please your best guesstimation why they never added the guard waypoint into the Zeus for waypoint types.

Read the wiki on how the guard waypoint works and it will become clear that it has no relevance in Zeus.

@sertica you are so wrong the wiki does not really explain the guard waypoint. Hands down it's the best waypoint  to use for reinforcements without any scripting.  If you just give a group of units a group of units a simple guard waypoint or a sentry guard combination waypoints the group will move all over the map when contact is made and if the in-game AI system feels the units that are in contact needs help.  The groups with the groups with the guard waypoints will move towards the conflict. The great thing about it is it's random of how many groups will come to help. Go place a few infantry squads mechanized squads and armor vehicles randomly throughout the map and just give them  the guard waypoints go some where on the map and strat a skirmish between opposing forces and watch how many of the guard groups will come to support the conflict. the great thing about this it is random every time you use it based on the conditions of the conflict what and how many will come to help. 

What was your understanding of how the guard waypoint works?

It acts as move waypoint with no trigger zone.  Unless there is a experiment with the difference being the waypoint type I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Lol it's more then a move waypoint. Units will move across the entire map ad times. With a move waypoint units will only react with visual contact or what ever is the vanilla default audio reaction distance to gun fire. Go test play and you will see. 

You are the one saying it does something, so I'll let you demonstrate what that is.

Lol demonstrate what go open you mission editor placed a few groups of infantry mechanized infantry and armor groups all with just guard open fire and allowed to move out of formation. Then view mission go to Zeus interface start a battle somewhere on the map with opposing forces and watch the guard groups move to the conflict to support it will be different every time depending on the situation of conflict. Why are you so hostile lol

3 hours ago, Sertica said:

You are the one saying it does something, so I'll let you demonstrate what that is.

They will act according to their normal rules of engagement (Fire at all, engage at will, etc). When a group either starts fleeing or is destroyed, any other groups standing by with a Guard waypoint will move in to take their place.Sep 8, 2020.

You don't really need any other trigger or setup just a group and a guard waypoint. That's it. Why are you so arrogant about this. Didn't your mother tell you don't always believe everything you read wiki😂😂😂