Yoshi_E

[DiscordBot] BEC RCon Discord bot (Python)

5 hours ago, Raymond John Clarke said:

@Yoshi_E
I have 2 things that you can maybe assist me with 🙂

One problem I have is that when the server restarts, cmd says:

"Reconnecting to BEC Rcon"

It never connects BEC automatically so the Bot no longer works until i restart the Bot again.Any way to set it to try connecting every few seconds perhaps?

It says something along the lines of "Stopped Reconnecting - Too many reconnects!" right?

In the settings "modules/rcon", the setting "max_reconnects_per_minute" should regulate that.

By default the bot will try to reconnect 10s after it loses connection.  So if max_reconnects_per_minute = 3 means that it will give up after 3 attempts or ~30s.

With max_reconnects_per_minute = 7 it should try forever.

2nd thing, the player join and leave msg works great, but some players asked that I rather remove it as it shows the players public IP address. They are worried about ddos attacks and hacks.

Can I set it to only show the name and not the IP as well?

Just published a new version where the IP is hidden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Raymond John Clarke said:

The new configs only outputs:

connected

Ah for some reason an invisible char made it into the code and broke it. Fixed now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshi_E said:

Ah for some reason an invisible char made it into the code and broke it. Fixed now

Vielen Dank!!! Seems to be working perfectly now!

So glad you exist in this world hehe 🙂

I am using the previous version.
The new version with the settings through the browser seems to me to be problematic. It is not clear which modules to connect by default. As a result, when you run an error.

My bot does not output information to the channel.
Command !monitords

Today, at 22:39
! monitords

Bot
BOT
Today at 22:39
Failed to acquire data

In the running server, I see the  console lines

16:29:30 Player y**** disconnected.
16:29:30 BattlEye Server: Player #12 y**** disconnected
16:32:12 Server load: FPS 30, memory used: 1683 MB, out: 1608 Kbps, in: 156 Kbps, NG:0, G:512, BE-NG:0, BE-G:0, Players: 9 (L:0, R:0, B:0, G:9, D:0)
16:32:27 Server load: FPS 32, memory used: 1683 MB, out: 1070 Kbps, in: 72 Kbps, NG:0, G:0, BE-NG:0, BE-G:0, Players: 9 (L:0, R:0, B:0, G:9, D:0)
16:32:42 Server load: FPS 37, memory used: 1685 MB, out: 1008 Kbps, in: 89 Kbps, NG:0, G:520, BE-NG:0, BE-G:0, Players: 9 (L:0, R:0, B:0, G:9, D:0)

But the data does not end up in any log and the bot does not send data to the channel.

Who can tell you how to redirect performance data to a log file?

On 7/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, VitalyTurboVaz said:

The new version with the settings through the browser seems to me to be problematic. It is not clear which modules to connect by default. As a result, when you run an error.

Yes I agree, that will be improved in the new version.

But the data does not end up in any log and the bot does not send data to the channel.

Thats weird, if it is shown in the console, it should also be visible in the server.log /.rpt. Maybe check your arma server settings.

For now the focus is on refactoring the code and improving the stability and usability (improved error messages, etc).

The new server log reader is almost done.

• Like 1

Stable release 0.7.0 is out now!
https://github.com/Yoshi-E/ArmaRconDiscordBot/releases/tag/0.7.0
New Log Reader:

• Provides information about each mission played (Mission name, ID, time, ...)
  • Provides an Event Handler for each log entry.
  • Filters useless messages from log files
  • Documentation

Improvements:

• New interface and tooltips for the settings page
  • Stability improvements
  • New command: "history" --> Lists recently played missions from the mission buffer.
  • Now boots even faster!
  • More useful error messages.
  • Warning on boot, should no log files be found
  • Thanks 2

Hey there, would there be a way to display current online players as a locked discord channel? I have been wanting to let community members see if player are online, but I do not want them seeing each other's IP addresses.

9 hours ago, En1gm4tic said:

Hey there, would there be a way to display current online players as a locked discord channel? I have been wanting to let community members see if player are online, but I do not want them seeing each other's IP addresses.

Im not sure what you mean with "display current online players as a locked discord channel"

The !players+ command provides just the nationality:
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

The !player command is just intended for admins only.