Sign in to follow this  
bootleg soldier

The Puzzler!

Trying to figure a way to have a player in dark tunnels while the mission is in daytime.

Can't skip or set time as others players are on the server.

Premise is that the group have found enemy tunnels, only one guy allowed into them with a pistol. Addaction on the tunnel entrance teleports the player into the prebuilt tunnels off the map.

All this is built and finished but.... stupidly I had not even thought or reckoned on it not being dark …..

So far I have tried setAperture on the player to various values and it looks really good. Unfortunately it sets the aperture for everything so torches and light sources are dimmed as well.

Same with setting the postprocessing 

I feel there is an answer but it's either to obvious or beyond me.

There's setDate. It's local, so you can fiddle with it to get some kind of a darkened tunnel effect. This question has been raised before though and I don't think there was a better way to do it, and haven't seen any other solutions elsewhere.

1 minute ago, bootleg soldier said:

Premise is that the group have found enemy tunnels, only one guy allowed into them with a pistol. Addaction on the tunnel entrance teleports the player into the prebuilt tunnels off the map.

All this is built and finished but.... stupidly I had not even thought or reckoned on it not being dark …..

So far I have tried setAperture on the player to various values and it looks really good. Unfortunately it sets the aperture for everything so torches and light sources are dimmed as well.

Same with setting the postprocessing

As @beno_83au stated, you could use setDate on the players client, since the command is local should work fine:

player addAction ["Enter Tunnel",{
	_midnight = date; //retrieve current date mid-mission ie. [2035,6,6,12,0]
	_midnight resize 3; //-> [2035,6,6]
	_midnight append [0,0]; // [2035,6,6,0,0]
	setDate _midnight;
}];

Untested, might run into issues if the server syncs the date automatically, never messed around with this stuff, heh.

Cheers

• Like 2

Yes I had seen this and was heartened that it set locally, seems you need to change the year now for it to not execute for all. 

Will test later, will report back

Thank you both!

• Like 2