4K.Scar

Arma stutters consistently

My game consistently drops to 1 fps / stutters with this setup:

SSD:         KINGSTON SUV400S37240G ATA Device

PSU:            COOLER MASTER - MWE Gold 650W, 80 Plus Gold, 120mm LBD Fan

MB:            ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS

RAM:          2x 8GB 2400Mhz

GPU:         RTX 2060 6GB

CPU:           i5-7600 3.5GHz  (even with the bios "overclock" that puts it at 3.9Ghz)

It doesn't matter how many enemies there are or the settings, it always happens

I just now tested Arma while installed on my HDD that is 1/4 the speed of my SSD, and the consistent stutters disappeared...

Any explanation?

We're you running out of space on the SSD? Although I've got less than 15GB free on my SSD and it's fine.

34 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

We're you running out of space on the SSD? Although I've got less than 15GB free on my SSD and it's fine.

Nope, 64 gbs left out of 222

Is this your post 4k.Scar? https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/1841314700706464082/

The specs there are the same as yours, i would have said the same up your ram to minimum 3000freq or better.

See this tech report https://techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/11

they test varying sizes of ram frequency and noted the more freq did better.

Would suggest upgrading your ram, more space so max it out, and up the frequency to as high as you can afford, aim for 3000 or better.

1 hour ago, 4K.Scar said:

I just now tested Arma while installed on my HDD that is 1/4 the speed of my SSD, and the consistent stutters disappeared...

Change in power usage, Cpu and Gpu are getting more of the power and not competing with the SSD anymore, so it balances out.

Theres a possibility there for your CPU is being bottlenecking with your gpu and the SDD only makes it worse and creates the stutter, my theory anyways but overall

i think the lower ram and freq of it is the underlying culprit.

Ideally you should be asking here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

The regulars on here can better tell you as they know the engine, and what parts work best, not really a trouble shooting section but computer wise they can tell you what is possibly going on.

Hope that helps.

Actually if run win 10 it can be problem win 10 doing massive data transition in background for every day updating u can turn it off in command line its helped me a lot but u have to Google it can't remember commands its something about supperfetch stop. In command prompt 

6 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Change in power usage, Cpu and Gpu are getting more of the power and not competing with the SSD anymore, so it balances out.

I have both the SSD and HDD being used at the same time

Why would the CPU and GPU get more power just because Im running the game from the HDD?

Because the game is cpu demanding, and what follows that is the gpu, ram supplements the cpu and allows it to process more.

Again as i linked best ask on the one thread, they can tell you for sure whats going on and prob would suggest upgrading the ram as well.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Because the game is cpu demanding, and what follows that is the gpu, ram supplements the cpu and allows it to process more.

Again as i linked best ask on the one thread, they can tell you for sure whats going on and prob would suggest upgrading the ram as well.

I'll post there thanks. I'm trying to let upgrading ram be the last resort