dlegion

thermal vision stealth viper suit bugs

hello guys...i'm not sure if its the right place for this, but being mainly an MP problem (because AI cant recognize heat signatures) i think it can fit here.
playing DWAR tactical TDM in MP ( a game mode that is not just bang bang, ...is very fast but still requires spotting, camouflage, attack and defend planning ecc..)  few days ago, i noticed , despite being in full ghillie suit and having cold gun (ambient temperature) and proper thermal-stealth equipment like armor and backpack (not showed on ghillie, lol) and especially a stealth balaclava+stealth googles...that enemy still spotted me so easily, especially with drones.
so i investigated a bit..and discovered that on certain distance...the facewear (stealth balaclava+googles in this case) simply disappear...leaving the face a bright white point.
i knew ghillie had a problem of exposed neck ... but this is waaaay worse. it can be spotted easily from 1 km away by a decent UAV operator, and in ranges down to few hundred meters (where the facewear reappear, hiding the thermal signature).
this ridicolous bug in fact makes full ghillie users invisible to thermal from 0-100m and clearly visible from 100-1500m (after that distance the bright face dot became too small even with high power zooms)!
i was very disappointed....so i tried viper suits with its helmet and CTRG stealth with stealth helmet....and on certain distance its not bugging...while on bigger distances...they all start to have the same problem (sort of Z-fighting) !!
http://arma3-thermal-bugs.jpg
now... a screenshot does not give the idea how much a Z-fighting between a full bright head visible on 360' and a thermal-stealth helmet attracts soo many attention of a decent UAV operator! its just like a typical alarm light flashing in and out !
so... i know BI will not move a finger (they dont fix things way more important...) but any of you know a fix (script, mod or anything else) for this problem ? right now its so frustrating try to conceal, seems the only viable gameplay is gun&run....not so tactical...
thanks, bye ! 

Spoiler
2 hours ago, dlegion said:

hello guys...i'm not sure if its the right place for this, but being mainly an MP problem (because AI cant recognize heat signatures) i think it can fit here.
playing DWAR tactical TDM in MP ( a game mode that is not just bang bang, ...is very fast but still requires spotting, camouflage, attack and defend planning ecc..)  few days ago, i noticed , despite being in full ghillie suit and having cold gun (ambient temperature) and proper thermal-stealth equipment like armor and backpack (not showed on ghillie, lol) and especially a stealth balaclava+stealth googles...that enemy still spotted me so easily, especially with drones.
so i investigated a bit..and discovered that on certain distance...the facewear (stealth balaclava+googles in this case) simply disappear...leaving the face a bright white point.
i knew ghillie had a problem of exposed neck ... but this is waaaay worse. it can be spotted easily from 1 km away by a decent UAV operator, and in ranges down to few hundred meters (where the facewear reappear, hiding the thermal signature).
this ridicolous bug in fact makes full ghillie users invisible to thermal from 0-100m and clearly visible from 100-1500m (after that distance the bright face dot became too small even with high power zooms)!
i was very disappointed....so i tried viper suits with its helmet and CTRG stealth with stealth helmet....and on certain distance its not bugging...while on bigger distances...they all start to have the same problem (sort of Z-fighting) !!
now... a screenshot does not give the idea how much a Z-fighting between a full bright head visible on 360' and a thermal-stealth helmet attracts soo many attention of a decent UAV operator! its just like a typical alarm light flashing in and out !
so... i know BI will not move a finger (they dont fix things way more important...) but any of you know a fix (script, mod or anything else) for this problem ? right now its so frustrating try to conceal, seems the only viable gameplay is gun&run....not so tactical...
thanks, bye ! 

Perhaps these are related problems of glowing textures through other textures.
Like this - a sign of the red cross, which can penetrate not only in the imager, it is visible to the usual mode.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83842

2 hours ago, dlegion said:

thanks, bye ! 

Perhaps these are related problems of glowing textures through other textures.
Like this - a sign of the red cross, which can penetrate not only in the imager, it is visible to the usual mode.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83842

ah...another weird bug !
well ...yes..probably some kind of problem like this....

added subscription of that , i'm still 100% sure noone will move a finger to solve it.