Hello there.. 

I have problem.. I need detach helicopter from ship but when I detach it falls tru the object and I need some solution how to keep helicopter on place until its start engines. Can I detach helicopter and imidiately set engine of rotor on max to make it. "hovering" to prevent it from falling? 

why do u attach the heli and which ship are u talking about? afaik u could just place the heli on ships deck without attaching it.

5 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

why do u attach the heli and which ship are u talking about? afaik u could just place the heli on ships deck without attaching it.

I remember in VBS the Australian carrier had this problem. I think I attached some concrete blocks to it just barely below the deck's surface and ran with that for what I was doing, but that was ages ago now. Another way though that may do the job is to use isEngineOn:

waitUntil {isEngineOn _helo};
sleep 30;	//allow the heicopter time to power up
detach _helo;

Maybe combine that with some AI commands like flyInHeight to get the desired effect, and edit the length of the sleep as you need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarogahtyp said:

I can't put Heli on deck because I attach liberty to another smaller ship to make liberty drivable /movable but atachded object missing geometry lod for vehicles u can walk on atachded liberty but u can't land on it. I. Trying to script entire navy operations which going well except helicopter

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

I remember in VBS the Australian carrier had this problem. I think I attached some concrete blocks to it just barely below the deck's surface and ran with that for what I was doing, but that was ages ago now. Another way though that may do the job is to use isEngineOn:

waitUntil {isEngineOn _helo};
sleep 30;	//allow the heicopter time to power up
detach _helo;

Maybe combine that with some AI commands like flyInHeight to get the desired effect, and edit the length of the sleep as you need.

I tried almost any object I ca find in editor and still everything atachded have no collision model. 

11 minutes ago, XOSPECTRE said:

I tried almost any object I ca find in editor and still everything atachded have no collision model. 

Did you try the second suggestion I gave you?

22 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Did you try the second suggestion I gave you?

I guess you can't turn engine of the chopper on as long as it is attached.

U can't put helicopter on atachded liberty it have no collision model it will fall tru it. 

6 minutes ago, XOSPECTRE said:

U can't put helicopter on atachded liberty it have no collision model it will fall tru it. 

that's what we understood already since u mentioned that you attached a boat to get it drivable...

I was thinking.. :D.... In zeus if u put helicopter In The air it have engines on max speed straight away is there any command to do it after detach _heli command? I mean u don't have to w8 until heli start engines from 0 to1

4 minutes ago, XOSPECTRE said:

I was thinking.. :D.... In zeus if u put helicopter In The air it have engines on max speed straight away is there any command to do it after detach _heli command? I mean u don't have to w8 until heli start engines from 0 to1

try setVehiclePosition:

special (Optional): String - Could be one of the following:

"FLY" - if vehicle is capable of flying and has crew, it will be made airborne at default height.

Well I use this as only usable solution

_aboveAndBehindPlayer = player modelToWorld [0,-1,3];

And then I put sleep 0.1 and copy paste it about 100 times and I have enough time to start engines. So it's been solved now

• Confused 2

_ladder setPos (_building modelToWorld [_x, _y, _z]); copied from arma wiki