0Y0

Recoil coefficient changer

Xfx67iZmb7I.jpg

Small mod, with which you can change the overall power of weapons recoil for all players.

Steam link

To work requires CBA.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Mod with animated recoil.

Steam link

To work requires CBA.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

First of all, I did it to increase the recoil for  weapons from the RHS mod.  Because there it is too small.

Hi, very nice.

Is it different with each weapon? And is stance adapted?

Thanks.

On 6/18/2019 at 8:53 PM, RCA3 said:

Hi, very nice.

Is it different with each weapon? And is stance adapted?

Thanks.

This is a coefficient. You had recoil from a weapon for example 3. You set a factor of 2. Received recoil 6.
The other weapon had a recoil of 4, with the same ratio you get 8.

• Thanks 1

I get it now, thank you.

It works awesome, I really like the realistic effect of the weapon kicking back and as you say it's different for weapons and stances.

On other note, I looked at the pbo just out of curiosity and learning purposes, I hope you don't mind, and noticed CBA is a requirement? You might want to mention it.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:16 PM, RCA3 said:

I get it now, thank you.

It works awesome, I really like the realistic effect of the weapon kicking back and as you say it's different for weapons and stances.

On other note, I looked at the pbo just out of curiosity and learning purposes, I hope you don't mind, and noticed CBA is a requirement? You might want to mention it. 

Yes, I forgot about it)

Binarezed and keys added.

Download

• Like 2

Is the vibration effect included in the mod or is it Laxemann's Immerse?

7 hours ago, russian spy said:

Is the vibration effect included in the mod or is it Laxemann's Immerse?

Laxemann's Immerse)

2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Is this mod serverside or clientside?

Both.

Just now, 0Y0 said:

Both.

But if the server has it enabled then it forces itself into clients and clients don't need to download the mod separately or they do?

3 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

But if the server has it enabled then it forces itself into clients and clients don't need to download the mod separately or they do? 

I'm writing))) Both))

Both the client and the server must have a mod. But the server sets the parameter with which the mod works.

• Thanks 1

Thanks 0YO, would be great if only the server needed the mod (pure server side mod)...

Keep it up!

This is not planned)

Updated.

Fixed problem with saving the game.

I haven't written anything for a long time ... and so, animated recoil. I don't know if it will be finished, but how the concept works)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So, now it's work and playable) At this moment animations play only in stand pose. It turns out that for each pose I need to make unique animations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps anyone knows which config parameter is responsible for aiming with the handgun? When the animation is playing, aiming is disabled.

Parameter enableOptics = 1; has no influence.

Really enjoying the animated recoil mod! Visual recoil animations was definitely one of those things that annoyed me for years, especially when comparing with other games like Squad, Tarkov, Ground Branch, etc. Really nice step forward with this mod! A few things I certainly hope to see (if possible with Arma and this mod):

• Maybe settings depending on caliber? Right now, no matter what settings I choose (e.g 0 for both settings) and firing 5.56 feels like firing 7.62. But not sure if this is even possible with Arma limitations

• Applying also to rested weapons. Right now if you rest your weapon you have absolutely no visual recoil, so you feel like you are firing lasers. But when you unrest your rifle/mg's, you get recoil back.

• Someday seeing also a future update also including sidearms

Fantastic mod and certainly hope to see it grow and get better in the future!  🙂

1 minute ago, PTV-Jobo said:

Really enjoying the animated recoil mod! Visual recoil animations was definitely one of those things that annoyed me for years, especially when comparing with other games like Squad, Tarkov, Ground Branch, etc. Really nice step forward with this mod! A few things I certainly hope to see (if possible with Arma and this mod):

• Maybe settings depending on caliber? Right now, no matter what settings I choose (e.g 0 for both settings) and firing 5.56 feels like firing 7.62. But not sure if this is even possible with Arma limitations

• Applying also to rested weapons. Right now if you rest your weapon you have absolutely no visual recoil, so you feel like you are firing lasers. But when you unrest your rifle/mg's, you get recoil back.

• Someday seeing also a future update also including sidearms

Fantastic mod and certainly hope to see it grow and get better in the future!  🙂

So why are you choosing 0? Then, of course, you will have the same recoil) The animation will be the same for all weapons. Make it different for each weapon, there is no possibility. And what would you understand, there are 144 animations in mod now. Doing this for each individual weapon is crazy) And so, there will be a difference in the recoil. Set the normal parameters.

Rested weapon in plan. But the animation will be there only on the body, not on the weapon.

For sidearms I need a solution with a config. Until I found it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0Y0 said:

So why are you choosing 0?

I set everything to zero during testing to see if the different value changes were actually applying and not bugged on my end. When in doubt--set to zero, lol.

I tried with default settings then tested different values for the recoil (makes sense since there is a slider to do so, no? Otherwise, it's of no use. 🙂). Weirdly, I didn't see much of a difference between the values (e.g. going from your default and then setting to 0 which I was guessing would turn it off since it's...well....0. And if so, then slowly increase from there. Perhaps just a bug on my end. Because in your video with the AK it seemed a tiny bit less of what I was getting, and that's why I was trying to test and tweak different values. Again, perhaps just an error on my end with my setup is all. 🙂

And what would you understand, there are 144 animations in mod now. Doing this for each individual weapon is crazy)

Ah. I didn't know it's built around animations. I wasn't asking for or expect separate animations. I was thinking more of instead of one single universal slide bar, perhaps some way a user can choose X amount value for 7.62 and X value for 5.56 weapons. But now you explained there are actual animations, etc. I understand now such a thing can't be done, which is understandable. 👍

Rested weapon in plan. But the animation will be there only on the body, not on the weapon.

Nice! Loving the mod so far, it was just a little weird when I deployed my bipod or rested my weapon--no matter the caliber--and had no recoil at all. It was pretty fun though firing an mg3 with no recoil, I must admit--haha. 😄

Set recoil -4, and see the difference)))

• Thanks 1