Adding needful sounds one-by-one to the Description.ext is annoying. I want to add all the sounds by defining the class as ALL of cfgsound.

The sound browser mod, here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=34408, has all the sounds loaded usable by defining the whole cfgsound library but I can't figure out how.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, wogz187 said:

Adding needful sounds one-by-one to the Description.ext is annoying. I want to add all the sounds by defining the class as ALL of cfgsound.

The sound browser mod, here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=34408, has all the sounds loaded usable by defining the whole cfgsound library but I can't figure out how.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

The linked sound browser is using the already defined CfgSound entries.

If you want to add your own sounds you need to add individual entries for each sound.

Cheers

I'm honored the grumpy old man himself speaks to me.

This was my horror yesterday. But apparently, no. No, you don't.

Drop a radio alpha trigger in an empty mission and enter onACT playsound "anysound";, and it works. As far as I can tell there is no reason to add any kind of CFGsound anything. For SP at least. Unless I'm still missing something. It works to serve my purpose though in this case.

I'm making a low ALT warning system. Which works great with (getpos playerJET), but I'm having a difficult time creating an event handler or input action to define when the gear is down. Any help with that?

1 hour ago, wogz187 said:

but I'm having a difficult time creating an event handler or input action to define when the gear is down. Any help with that?

Don't ask twice please. especially if you ve opened a new thread for this:

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Don't ask twice please. especially if you ve opened a new thread for this:

Seems fine to me, two post about two different subjects. One about CfgSounds the other about an event.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Seems fine to me, two post about two different subjects. One about CfgSounds the other about an event.

he ask for an eh for gear down. same question as in the linked thread ...

My bad.

We can delete this whole thread, I don't think we accomplished anything either than the realization (for me at least) that CFGsounds is unnecessary for adding simple sound effects.

14 hours ago, wogz187 said:

My bad.

We can delete this whole thread, I don't think we accomplished anything either than the realization (for me at least) that CFGsounds is unnecessary for adding simple sound effects.

Well if you're using sounds that already are defined as CfgSound then you don't need to add it manually.

You can also work with the path of the sound and use playSound3d (sound source will remain stationary though as none of the parameters make the sound follow a moving object), might not be what you want if you want the warning sound only audible for passengers/pilots of the aircraft, playSound should be just fine.

If you want the sound to works with MP missions you need to use remoteExec.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

If you want the sound to works with MP missions you need to use remoteExec.

Hey grump.  I just changed a script to use remoteExec for playSound3D and it plays no sound when in SP.  When I change it back to not use playSound3D I hear the sounds.  Does this mean remoteExec dosn't work for SP?  And therefore I need to test if running in MP or SP, and use playsound3d in SP, and remoteExec of playSound3D in MP?  Please advise.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey grump.  I just changed a script to use remoteExec for playSound3D and it plays no sound when in SP.  When I change it back to not use playSound3D I hear the sounds.  Does this mean remoteExec dosn't work for SP?  And therefore I need to test if running in MP or SP, and use playsound3d in SP, and remoteExec of playSound3D in MP?  Please advise.

playSound3d is AG EG, no need for remoteExec.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I just changed a script to use remoteExec for playSound3D and it plays no sound when in SP.  When I change it back to not use playSound3D I hear the sounds. 

As @Grumpy Old Man said. Also remoteExec only works with a limited set of commands, look in configfile >> "CfgRemoteExecCommands"  if the command is not listed then it is not supported for use directly in the remoteExec functionName .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1