Sign in to follow this  
chris330

SA-80 released! It's great, trust me ;)

Right my SA80 addon is finished and I'ts totally ready to go. I have it in a zipped folder and have tagged it with my signature (CHR) so there will be no clashes with other addons in the game. I have inlcuded a preview jpg image (100x100) and a full size one, a config file and a readme file and my .pbo file in the zipped folder. I tried to send it to OFPEC but their addon link is broken!!!!!!!!!1 mad.gifmad.gif I have found nowhere else where you can send them to.Please help I have spent muchos time on this this and my only crime is that I just want to get it out!!!1 sad.gifsad.gifconfused.gif

and make sure you make announcement of where it is available, especially on this thread. i think Ex-Ronin is waiting smile.gif

WOW! wow.gif , I'll post it to all of these sites. Thanks very much chaps!!! wink.gifxmas.gif

By the way RalphWiggum, I have already sent it to Ex-RoNiN, he was my beta tester for the project, and has had all the latest and regular updates the instant I did anything new to the weapon. The most updated version (i.e. this one) should already be in his inbox now wink.gifwink.gif

Shit, better piont this out now before people start getting mad. At present this is a resistance only addon. I have stated this in the readme and config files. i just forgot to say anything about it in this thread!!!Who knows this version may work with 1.46 aswell?? If enough interest is generated I'll commission a 1.46 version. Look out for an upcoming re-release in the next few weeks with a re-modelled magazine, and hopefully htat tritium glowing bit sorted out. An LSW will commence later next month. wink.gif

Nice one m8. i'm delighted by the speed of the response!! I had no idea you would post it so quickly! biggrin.gif Thanks very much m8, I really appreciate it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gifxmas.gif

I guess it was just luck that I happened to be online. I rarely get time to update the site these days. I usually only get time in the weekend.

Anyway great addon, any chance of some british units (or maybe working with the Project UK Forces MOD smile.gif )

Ive never done a mod before so i'm not known at all by anyone yet. I am going to include an LSW probably in March I think. i don't want to make any new british units as bibmi's look great and should hopefully not be too many miles off completion. if the UKForcesMod asked me I would definitely work with them!!I'm delighted you like the addon thanks for your help in getting it out wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

ok ive just tried it out and i got to say its the best sa80 yet, the model detail is fantastic sounds r superb and the sight is just about right, i say just about as im sure i remember it being a little thinner but hey as i said best one yet m8, the only thing i think needs changing is the colour of the texture, its too yellow and it really needs to be a dark green, thats my only grumble but good work m8y biggrin.gif

Nice one KevBaz I'm delighted you like it. A re-release will follow in the weeks ahead with a redesigned magazine, and if anyone can tell me how, with the tritium bit glowing at night!!

BTW perhaps we should rename the name of this thread to make it more obvious that the addon is now available!! wink.gifwink.giftounge.gif

Good work Chris, I had fun playing around with it.

RED

Thanx m8 I'm glad you like it. I'm currently working on a new version which will have a slightly different colour scheme and will allow you to see the weapon's profile in the breifing screen wink.gifwink.gif

Thanks Chris for the updated SA80 it is the best SA80 out

for flashpoint the color is just right.Could you maybe make

a rearm crate with 10 SA80s and 60 mags. to make it easyer

to arm a team with your rifle.Good job!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

hi Chris :-)

your SA-80 is great.. but it is little mistake in Readme. The Name of magazine is in Readme is "CHRSA80", but in config.cpp is "CHRSA80Mag" (in ver.2). I DL ver.2 from OpFlashpoint.org - my HDD "died" yesterday. I will upload your SA-80 on our site in 2-3 days smile.gif

ofp.info

ofp.info@quick.cz

You are indeed correct wink.gif Thanks for agreeing to post the addon, I'm glad to hear you like it biggrin.gif

ok m8 the new version is top notch, im gonna be picky now but only due to yourself setting such a high standard tounge.gif

sa80.jpg

texture stretching underneath the gun, but as i said its me being picky but hey its your own fault biggrin.gif:D nice work

i totally see your point, I have tried to get rid of it but it is one real t**t to remove. BIS even had problems with this. There is some texture stretching on the M16 believe it or not wow.gif !!I'm delighted you think it of a high standard. It's about time the OFP community had a decent SA80. Because BIS should have made one for on of the expansion packs and they didn't, I was determined to make one as good as if not better than the weapons that come with the game. That way the ridiculous leaving out of the SA80 from all the official stuff has at last been rectified. Thanks again for showing enthusiasm. Addon making is nothing without feedback from the people you made it for. If I could find a reliable way to fix the strectching i would but I must admit that is beyond my ability. thanks again for your input wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Topic title changed wink.gif

You made a new version without telling me wow.gif

Grrr mad.giftounge.gif

Nice one mate, congrats, you deserve the positive response smile.gif

Nice work, best SA80 to date smile.gif

One problem though: the magaznes and weapon images dont show up in the briefing/map view, apart from that, nice smile.gif