corralesid

Remove Diary records from mods or others, already there

I give credits to all mod makers but in some cases, Diary is not the best way to put this info. I once delete the diary entries from CBA, Task Force radio Usage, but i dont remember how... So the question is ¿How to delete information from Diary entries? (does entries that appear when you press the map key and appear Map, Gear and instructions).

To add for future help. Some mission templates have a briefing.sqf/sqs/html, you can delete the entries overwriting it.

Not sure that removing credits from people's work would be greatly appreciated, nor generate much help. And to be honest, I don't even notice  any of the credits from mods/missions that have been placed into the briefing. They're usually in their own category and out of the way.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, corralesid said:

I once delete the diary entries from CBA, Task Force radio Usage, but i dont remember how...

CBA currently has a Diary entry change on-going, I brought this topic up and asked for settings to disable them

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/1159#issuecomment-501223850

I will add a setting to TFAR too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brostrom.A | Evul said:

There are two new commands coming up in the next patch that allow complete removal of diary records:

removeDiarySubjectremoveDiaryRecord have not tested them tho.

I have searched for them several times, but never found them 😄 I only found new syntax for the create ones.

Will need to fix that See also on all the diary pages... oof.

• Haha 1

Thank you guys for your support on GH, i read all about your posts. Im not sure but maybe the way i once did it was using the dev command REMOVEDIARYRECORd cause it sounds me like a DejaVú, but i dont know how i used it, cause im not in the realm, anyway im experimenting with a mix between your posts and one i found. look like:

player createDiaryRecord ["cba_help_docs", localize "d"];h = [] spawn { 
 waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 12)};  
 disableSerialization;  

a = player createDiarySubject ["cba_help_docs","My page 1"]; 
 b = player createDiarySubject ["testPage2","My page 2"]; 
 player createDiaryRecord ["cba_help_docs", ["Intel", "TEST 1 "]]; 
 player createDiaryRecord ["testPage2", ["Intel", "TEST 2"]]; 
 INDEX = [a]; 

["HGF", "onEachFrame", { 
  { 
   ((findDisplay 12) displayCtrl 1001) lbDelete (_x-2); 
  } forEach INDEX; 
 }] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler; 
};
--------------------------------------------------------------
i need to debug but it worked.

By the way , im giving in all my mission the correct way of credits, via titlecuts.