CulDoes

Creating hovering helicopter targets that respawn on death

Hi, I'm effectively trying to setup a shooting range where helicopters are the targets. I can place a heli at an altitude and have it hover, but once it is shot down, it respawns and just falls to the ground and explodes, creating an endless loop. If anyone can describe to me how I can have a heli spawn/respawn, take-off, then hover at a set altitude, until its inevitable doom I'd greatly appreciate it. 

I've watched a few videos, but they all seem to rely on loading the heli first.

Thanks

Have you checked that a crew is being respawned? Does the respawn vehicle module respawn crew? I've just done a quick test and it didn't seem to with a prowler for example.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Real Bunc said:

Have you checked that a crew is being respawned? Does the respawn vehicle module respawn crew? I've just done a quick test and it didn't seem to with a prowler for example.

How can I ensure the crew is respawned with the vehicle?

2 minutes ago, The Real Bunc said:

Respawn it on the ground and observe what happens?

I mean, the crew doesn't respawn. How can I make sure they do ?

Oh, I see. I think you'll need to do this by calling a script that creates the crew and assigns then to the vehicle. There is a field called "expression" when you open up the module which runs given code when the module activates. Id try calling a script file from there and in the script file spawn the crew and assign them to the vehicle.

Hey there CulDoes. According to Biki you could possibly use the BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle function, which spawns a vehicle with all its crew. According to the docs all positions will be occupied along with turrets. So if you want to get rid of them you will have to delete them manually.

This is not tested though (sorry for that).

Thanks guys for the help

Edited by CulDoes
The thread didn't show the other replies
  • Like 1