Homesick

General Discussion (Global Mobilization RC Branch)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss upcoming updates of Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany incoming to the Creator DLC RC Branch. Please stay subjective when posting in this thread as Vertexmacht will use this thread to look for feedback about their RC-Branch updates.

Please keep in mind that actual reports of issues should still happen via our Feedback Tracker. Thank you.

• Like 2

The changes are fantastic! Thank you very much for the fixes and changes, much appreciated. Also, might there be a future update that is going to include helicopters and/ or aircraft?

• Like 1

When I try to do bug report it tells me:

"You can not select this edit policy, because you would no longer be able to edit the object."

what does it mean?

@EDIOE We would certainly like to do that. However, at this point it is too early for us to promise anything. 

@chrys This sounds like some permissions issue on the feedback tracker. I've passed this info on. Thanks.

I discovered that when I first bought the DLC and downloaded It. I could never play the campaign or any maps , because even though I bought and downloaded, as well enabled through the launcher, that it always said I never had it but it was just the maps, the weapons I used flawlessly including the 255mm Potato Flare gun ( or 250mm haven't used it in a while)

Do you have any idea why it may not work? as well could we maybe get some prototype HK or like EDIOE said maybe some jets like "starfighters" or any jets, and some Huey's? but of course only when you guys have plenty of free time, as well I have noticed people are disliking having to download the bug fixes yet, even with out owning the DLC.

Also I noticed that with certain vehicles, ( with RHS mods that is haven't tried out all the vehicles} that if you crawl under them you can shoot out the crew ima gunna try it right now but if it does work try to fix that or people can decrew enemy vehicles in the campaign or zeus/eden missions and ruin it entirely cause I know from experience if you are zeus and not paying attention your entire mission falls apart if they get a BMP 2 or PT-76 and use it on the enemy or a Bradley/Abram.

I hope you see this cause if you do I am gunna be happy cause look at all you have done for Arma 3 In such a short period  of time, getting 21+ GB's of bug fixes and additions even if small, makes  the game all the difference, and even if people hate or dislike your work, people also enjoy it. As well are you assisting people in the Contact DLC cause can you tell us if you got some inspirations for anomalies from STALKER. Or Metro maybe?!?.

(I redid the password and I changed it, some reason it changed when I joined but this isn't my first time and I am not a newbie if any one comes on to this and starts saying that.)

I originally bought this DLC with the intent to play on Official Zeus servers. A month down the line and it doesn't work anymore (Server shows up red when the DLC is loaded), would you be able to clear anything up?

Hi!

I would like to see support for other languages in the interface and subtitles. Personally, I miss the Russian language.

Hey I have some inaccuracies for the NVA kit. As an NVA reenactor these were obvious to me, but may not be for the general audience. I'm also an admin on the Facebook paged called East German Mauerposting.

1. The uniform doesn't have shoulder rankings when it should.
2. Spade cover is UTV (an experimental version) when it should just be grey leather.
3. No option to put net on top of helmet cover which was done on occasion.
4. Gas mask doesn't have a hose when it should. Also NCOs and officers used monkey masks.
5. No chemical suit, when in reality there would be one carried on your back during combat.
6. No bayonet attatched to the webbing when there should be.
7. Backpacks weren't carried into the field, but rather left in the BTR.
8. A normal soldier was issued with an MPi-KM72 WITHOUT a drum mag.

• Like 1

Heya, thanks for the feedback:

1. Can you be more precise? The uniforms do carry rank patches on the shoulders for all combat suits.
2. That could be a very easy fix.
3. There are versions of the M56 with and without net in the arsenal available. There is no gameplay feature that lets you change this other than changing helmets entirely.
4. Deliberately done since the snorkel would deform very badly during any sort of character movement, especially when prone.
5. We're saving the Chemical Suits for a future update to both sides of the Bloc.
6. There is a Seitengewehr attached to the belt. Maybe you mean something more specific here?
7. Thats again a deliberate choice. We'd rather have the backpacks available than not. You can, as player, of course leave the backpacks back in the vehicles before disembarking, or equip the AI accordingly.
8. Yes? Whats the issue to be precise? No default units from GM are issued with the Drum Mag other than the RPK Gunner.

• Like 1

Sorry a lot of the info I'm getting is from the VR simulator. And one more thing. AK-74s weren't that common place at the time. I've actually talked extensively to the owner of Germandotmilitaria.com who is an NVA artillerie veteran. 

i admit the SVD and m16a1 are missing me a lot in GM are superbs,
for some reasons GM fit perfectly a spy's scenario with 007's aston martin db5

@mondkalb

Are you certain that T-55L and T-55LK are proper designations?

In Poland we used only such designations:

T-55 – Produced in 1964-1968.

T-55A – Produced in 1968-1981.

T-55M - Unification of T-55 to T-55A standard.

T-55U - Unification of T-54 to T-55A standard.

T-55AD1 - Command tank.

T-55AD2 - Command tank.

T-55AM Merida - Upgraded version with addon armor and FCS Merida, similiar to Soviet and Czechoslovak T-55AM's.

T-55AD1M - Command Tank variant of T-55AM Merida.

T-55AD2M - Command tank variant of T-55AM Merida.

T-55AMS - Engineerring tank variant of the T-55AM Merida.

I might be wrong but I never seen designation T-55L/LK here in Poland.

• Like 1

T-55L - Designation for new polish build T-55A, if that actually carried over into a designation used in the army itself i do not know. Since you seem to be a lot more an expert on Polish army vehicle deisgnations, im happy to adjust it accordingly for the full release of 1.1

• Like 1

Are there any plans for changing cargo anims for T-55s? Some of them look a bit strange.

3tacHmp.png

KkOXTLF.png

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GalComT said:

T-55L - Designation for new polish build T-55A, if that actually carried over into a designation used in the army itself i do not know. Since you seem to be a lot more an expert on Polish army vehicle deisgnations, im happy to adjust it accordingly for the full release of 1.1

Yes, as far as I am aware, T-55L/LK designation was never used. The list goes as I previously wrote it. To be certain I even searched through some polish military forums, and there also people seen designation T-55L but nobody knows from where it comes.

One theory is that T-55L was factory designation for T-55's made for Libya, so T-55L means that L = Libya but still it's uncertain.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2019 at 9:48 PM, Damian90 said:

One theory is that T-55L was factory designation for T-55's made for Libya, so T-55L means that L = Libya but still it's uncertain.

Wasn't it an engineer version with PW-LWD and mine plow?

24 minutes ago, spooky lynx said:

Wasn't it an engineer version with PW-LWD and mine plow?

Good question. I know that such variant of T-55AM was designated T-55AMS, so instead of L, S would be more fitting as it might mean "Saperski" (Sapper or Engineering).

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

Good question. I know that such variant of T-55AM was designated T-55AMS, so instead of L, S would be more fitting as it might mean "Saperski" (Sapper or Engineering).

Maybe not even T-55AM version but an earlier one. Such as this:

Polish_T-55A-based_engineering_tank_with

img_1?1260014931

Damn, they look like a coffins...

On 12/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, spooky lynx said:

Maybe not even T-55AM version but an earlier one. Such as this:

Damn, they look like a coffins...

These were just designated as T-55A with special equipment. BTW line charge storage boxes were really nicknamed "coffins". System is designated PW-LWD or newer ZB/WLWD.

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14

There's a joke here about the tank itself being a steel coffin...

I seem to be having some issues with the feedback tracker right now (ironic), so here are some small bugs I've found on the RC:

-RPG7 doesn't have a UI indication of zeroing on iron sights (the zeroing itself does seem to work, though)

-PT76 main gun magazines don't have displaynames, so you just get "reload " as an action for different shells.

-PT76 PK has laser ranging (may be intentional?)

-The numbering on the left side (I think it's the left side - the side that was previously covered by the box) of the T55/A/AK turret is reversed (the individual numbers are correctly oriented, just the order is backwards, ie, 1234 will instead appear as 4321 - if the box is toggled back on, the numbers on top of it are correct)

-The RPK (both East German and Polish variants) and KM-72 seem to have mounting brackets modelled (unless I'm misunderstand how the mount works, in which case ignore this), but aren't able to mount sights (also, isn't the mounting bracket on the AKMN and SVD the same? Seems weird that sights aren't interchangeable between the two - like, I know that they wouldn't 'just work' IRL, so I can see it as a design decision, but considering you can swap sights between the AK and RPG...)

On 12/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, biggerdave said:

isn't the mounting bracket on the AKMN and SVD the same

It is not. Soviet night vision optic mounts (as used on NSP-2, NSP-3, NSPU etc.) have a stop pin at the rear of the mount - the purpose of this pin is to retain sight position on the rail during the recoil. Most of these optics can mount on AKM night-fighting variants (N and L), AK-74N variants and SVD rifles (and RPGs).

However, when designing the PSO-1 mount, Soviets decided to put that stop pin at the front of the mount, and set whole scope much further from the eye of the shooter, almost in the middle of receiver. Because of that front stop pin SVD rail have additional horizontal center groove, so the pin can slide into it's locked position. Since nor AKM, or AK-74, rails have that groove, the only way to mount PSO-1 on these rifles is to slide the scope from the front - but this also means your stop pin is not locked, and your scope will loose it's zero after first shot (and subsequent shots may even make it fall off your rifle). That's why there are currently commercial AK-compatible PSO clones (either NPZ, or BelOMO POSP series) with entirely different mounting clamp used - one with stop pin in the rear (just like NV sights). This is a rather recent development (late 90s, early 00s), and was not used by Russian armed forces.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, biggerdave said:

The RPK (both East German and Polish variants)

Are Polish units in GM supposed to be a mechanized infantry (as suggested by SKOT-2A in pic), or some more generic representation of Polish People's Army? RPK and RPK-74 light machine guns in Poland were used in very limited numbers, only in airborne units.

• Like 2