Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

Big bombers!

I have been searching alot of addon sites, but i have yet to find a B52, Tu-22 (Backfire), Tu-152 (bear), or Tu-16 (badger) bombers. Has anyone made any of these???

those are a bit big for the islands in OFP arent they? but anyway theres a B2 been made somewhere

I have the B1b, I also got the AN124 and its pretty big, but from what I have herd, the maker of the beast said he had to scale the Antonov down to fit the islands but thats what any addon makers would have to do to create a B52 or something.

I would like to see a B-52 over a B2 its pretty posible to slow the B-52 down and do a good bombing raid.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Jan. 04 2003,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have the B1b, I also got the AN124 and its pretty big, but from what I have herd, the maker of the beast said he had to scale the Antonov down to fit the islands but thats what any addon makers would have to do to create a B52 or something.<span id='postcolor'>

Well more then likely the AN-124 had to be scaled down a little bit also so that it could turn ok.  Kodyak did an excellent job of making the AN-124 flyable as it can actually turn....unlike many other large aircraft made in OFP.  That B1 bomber for example is an excellent model, and has a fairly decent looking cockpit...but it really should never have been released because you can't take off without crashing (unless you're extremely lucky),  the landing gear will not go up at all, and it can't turn without going outside the map boundaries.  

I REALLY REALLY wish someone would fix up the B1 by fixing the mass and the landing gear because I must say that it looks incredible seeing these B1's flying with a pair of F15E's as wingmen, plus they carry a tremendous amount of bombs and it feels like you're driving a sports car when you're in the cockpit.   So hopefully someone will take it and fix it up if the original creator refuses to ever finish it.  The guy who made the B1 I believe also made a C5 Galaxy cargo plane that suffers from most of the same problems.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest BratZ

I am in the process of making med fighter/bombers

Dual role variety

Currently a Curtiss SB2C Helldiver,I plan to make a few from each country

Sorry they aren't BIG bombers

i dont know the first thing about oxygen but i must say, keep up the good work! I hope that B52 of yours will kick some ass!

Whatever the case is with your bombers, please don't release them until they can actually fly properly. There have already been several bombers released (including one B2) that were next to useless because they couldn't take off, couldn't turn, and couldn't land. So please, once you finish your cockpit, try and work hard on the mass/geometry settings of your model so that it can turn well and take off well on most runways.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>