Pyrit.

Get to Know - Jan Mareček - Senior Programmer

64595904_2718133095080344_1136045749452128778_n.thumb.jpg.bb29edae0af6c6ed722e59ce053a2f87.jpg

▶ What do you do on Vigor?
Gameplay Programmer.

▶ What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?
Tough one,.. well I bring my two dogs to work from time to time so people can get some fur on their clothes. And recently I started a fire alarm.

▶ What do you like about Vigor?
Graphics. I’ve been working for BI for more than 12 years and have never thought that we are able to produce such kind of game (from graphics perspective)

▶ What do you want to see in Vigor?
Deathmatch 🙂 I just don’t understand all those fancy overcomplicated Tamagotchi shelter things. I want to grab a gun and go get some frags. Disgrace corpses, loot them, get better and bigger guns, repeat..

▶ What do you do when you are not making Vigor?
Basically everything after what I am sweaty and thirsty enough to deal with few beers and some Mexican food.

▶ Did game dev change your view on the games and how?
When I was a kid(90’), I used to get cracked games burned out on a couple of CDs. I just didn’t want to pay for something untouchable. But since I have started to be a game dev(btw. my first compiler was cracked Borland c++), I completely changed my mind. So please, support your game devs and buy games... I need to pay bills :wink:

▶ Your favorite games and why?
Doom and Wolfenstein series - many types of weapons, even more types of enemies, huge UI arrows above the heads (so no wasting of time with reading stupid mission description, maps, etc. etc.)

▶ What's your favorite music, movie, show, book and why?
I prefer to relax after work so I like comics based movies.. But the less serious ones.. with Thor or the one with that little squirrel in a yellow suit with a bunch of weirdos (trying to save the galaxy or something). I guess from Marwell studios or the second one - DC? who knows, don’t care. I like Terry Pratchett(but don’t like reading) so movies based on his books 🙂

▶ Is there something that you want to say to our community?
I know that Vigor has many unfinished features, bugs, glitches, … but still... it is like dating with a fat lady - it could be FUN and intense, but none of your friends must spot you together. So give us a chance to prove our qualities :wink:

▶ You are Outlander; humanity has fallen. What would you do?
Perfect! Tons of unclimbed rocks projects all around without weekend crowds, playing children, tourists, etc..

Bonus Question (from Anton)
▶ What would be one thing you would like to see in your lifetime and why?

Sounds like a classic HR question, doesn’t it? So the answer should be something like world peace or so... but rather than that I really like to see a Whitewater park (editor's note:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater) on our local Svratka river here in Brno. Plan for it is ready for almost a decade, but the realization is long way run. But I am an optimist and don’t lose hope :wink: