@everyone Starting a "Let's Play VA 3.0" streaming series tonight

(hosted MP or VA 3.0 closed alpha server)

VA 3.0 - Ravage - Chernarus Redux - Survival Time!

@ 9.30 PM CET: https://youtu.be/US05fu2n5mg

• Like 1

Spontanious dev stream up @ 9.30 PM CET!

• Like 2

va2.287: (Steam Version)
- Dynamic Simulation System re-enabled
- AI skills set to 0.55, down from 1

• Like 2

I am planning another VA 3.0 alpha devlog session tonight where we bury our teeth into the eat/drink/cook/hunt aspects of the survival system and try and iron out anything that may break the feature. YT link will follow later tonight, planned stream from 9.45pm - 11pm CET.

Live in 5' Vandeanson's Apocalypse Alpha devlog # 15

Creating sunken shipwreck trrreeaaasuuure sites;)

• Like 1

hi all!

its'e friiday - lets dig back into creating an ArmA 3 survival mod - Stream starts 21:15 CET:

See you there!

Cheers

VD

• Thanks 1

@everyone  riiiiiight gentlemen.

we have detected 3 mods that seem to contain repacked versions of VA, for which we did not give permission for.

I have no reason to assume that this was done with bad intend and would rather like to believe that people are excited about the features of VA and want to feed these into their own projects, forgetting about some basic rules and manners.

DM me if you are the author of such mod and we can discuss.

We are a small subcommunity with the arma modding community and should keep up respectful behaviour.

Reuploading content as own work (that someone else worked on for YEARS & MONTHS) against the authors stated terms of use, and not even  giving credit to their work is not something that should not be tolerated.

It also violates the APL-ND, Steam Subscriber Agreement & any basic respect & courtesy rules of the Arma 3 modding community. 

I ll be filing reports on steam for the mods to be taken down, should there be no resolution of the matter.

cheers
vd

On 7/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, Vandeanson said:

@everyone  riiiiiight gentlemen.

we have detected 3 mods that seem to contain repacked versions of VA, for which we did not give permission for.

I have no reason to assume that this was done with bad intend and would rather like to believe that people are excited about the features of VA and want to feed these into their own projects, forgetting about some basic rules and manners.

DM me if you are the author of such mod and we can discuss.

We are a small subcommunity with the arma modding community and should keep up respectful behaviour.

Reuploading content as own work (that someone else worked on for YEARS & MONTHS) against the authors stated terms of use, and not even  giving credit to their work is not something that should not be tolerated.

It also violates the APL-ND, Steam Subscriber Agreement & any basic respect & courtesy rules of the Arma 3 modding community. 

I ll be filing reports on steam for the mods to be taken down, should there be no resolution of the matter.

cheers
vd

VA can you link to these mods in question?

@LSValmont

These two have no permission to use my files.

Third one we clarified:)

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
glad to have clarified one more;)
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Update pushed to fix a massive bug related to bleeding and infection.
Its probably update # 122'354'687'452 that is supposed to finally fix these features, lets hope for the best XD

Thanks to Brenner650 for making me aware of the issue!

Cheers
VD

• Like 2

Hi folks! 
We plan a devstream tonight @ 8pm CET on the VA test server.
We will be testing all the medical interactions between players and other critical features. Are we ready for a closed BETA?!

Stream link to follow later tonight.

Cheers
VD

• Like 3

hello, great stuff an amazing ambiance with novice knowledge for the player.. thanks for all of us  😉     just a small questions.... is there a way to pass some arrays from my mission init in state of using in game (copy poaste )option?? ex;  i would like to pass some customs arrays from rhs or cup like  custom rifles or custom clothes classname list.... and the last question if i let active the ravage mod for the sombies spawner how can i desactivate the spawn of some bandits from ravage? even without ai module i can found some bandits spawned?

Hi @Vandeanson, would you ever consider an init.sqf version that just had the bleeding/infection/bandages/meds stuff in it?

Where I'm going with this is, I'd like to package those features (bleeding etc.) into a mission such that a person wouldn't have to download the full mod.

On 5/14/2021 at 12:17 PM, ernave said:

Hi @Vandeanson, would you ever consider an init.sqf version that just had the bleeding/infection/bandages/meds stuff in it?

Where I'm going with this is, I'd like to package those features (bleeding etc.) into a mission such that a person wouldn't have to download the full mod.

Thou not impossible, it would be super hard to do such thing because all the sub systems, loops and other functions and scripts that those features are dependent on. 

Also being realistic, I find it very hard for ANY dev to spend 6+ hours of his life just to develop this for you with no benefit for him or his mod.

Hi

I was hoping someone could help me in regard to loot spawning on Taviana, specifically this map : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2419747503

I noticed the custom map loot list for Taviana on the Ravage wiki after I found that many of the buildings on Taviana do not spawn loot at all, presumably because a lot of the building's names are not the standard ones :- https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers#Custom_Map_Loot_lists

While the above may well sort things out for me I'm not sure how to implement this list so that VA's loot spawner will use it.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!

Update 1 : After trying various things I set the spawn position chance to 100% and set a spawn height of -0.3 meters. All of a sudden pretty much everything was visible albeit mostly floating in mid-air at different heights. So it looks like the Taviana map's buildings have different floor levels to them as different buildings gave different spawn heights. I'd guess that previously a lot of the spawned in items were under the floors of the buildings and so not visible at all. While this fixes my original problem it makes everything look very silly indeed even after setting the spawn height to -0.6 meters to get some of the items on the floor. It's a hell of a shame as I really wanted to use this map and moving everything to another map will be a long process 😥

Update 2 : For anyone who cares 😉...after more testing it would appear that the variable spawn height of loot was/is due to the spawning in script getting over stressed. If I walk or run over to a building, pretty much any building, then the loot spawns correctly and at the same height above any floor. If I drive over to a building and get out then I get differing spawn heights and some buildings that don't spawn loot too.

So there you have it - I'm happy with the outcome as I can work with this.

We are considering to provide an open source version of the VA 3.0v build to the public to get in some additional coders that could help bring VA 3.0 over the finish line.
This effort is meant to only help with ironing out bugs and not to create new features or systems. Code can be updated via a separate Github branch and we would review the proposed changes and accept/decline/discuss.

This is directed to people with some Arma 3 coding experience and not fore pure play testers at this point.
If you are interested and more or less qualified, come join us at the Vandeanson Discord Server and DM Vandeanson or me.

Discord: https://discord.gg/a5h94wtTKQ

• Like 1

@everyone

VA 3.0 Beta is now available on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2856307323

Enjoy exploring and make sure to connect with the discord community for questions, to group up, post and search servers and so on;)

At first you will be overwhelmed with the amount of settings and features and some features might not be immediately obvious. Take your time to discover the unknown but before you get frustrated, ask in Discord;)

I suggest you start your first VA 3.0 mission with the following mods first: VA 3.0, CBA & Ravage before you pile 20 mods onto your mission and get spammed with bugs.

It will also be easier for us to review reported bugs/errors and such if we know that you do not use too many other mods that may also cause issues.

Some features are not or not fully balanced/tuned yet as mentioned in previous post. We are looking forward to your feedback and suggestions. Please note that we will only focus on game breaking bugs at first. We will currently not work on "new" features.

We will rework the Steam page to promote VA 3.0s features as good as possible. But if you feel like some things are badly explained or missing, please let us know!

Also old VA will remain on steam for now FYI.

• Like 4