The whitelisting of custom classnames seems and or the bulk blacklisting of mods might not be working as intended, will check. 

Whitelisting and bulk blacklisting looks like its working in my tests. Beta link updated with v2.19 as I have added support for ravage gear pools.

V 2.19 uploaded on steam:

This version changes the loot economy substantially compared to the previous version. 

- new mods are categorized
- categorized mods are: arma 3, dlc, all 4 RHS, CUP, Niarms, friths ruins, ravage (project infinity, EO, ttsk, warfarethai, ifa3, KA, aftermath and any other mod are yet to be categorized) 
- categories are: civilian, military, police and special
- option added to take over RAVAGE gear pool settings and overwrite VA default settings. Blacklisted classnames are still excluded and custom gearlists will overwrite this. This is intentional
- these categories define in what buildings what loot will spawn
- police gear will (wip) spawn in buildings designated as police building (e. G. Liviona police station, tbd for arma, dlc and CUP) 
- special gear is ghillie suits, diving suits, oxygen tanks and such. Will not spawn often, will not be equipped to AI, will likely only be obtainable from loot crates and traders, tbd) 
- AI will either spawn with gear from the civilian pool or from the military pool, chance based
- Loot crates are filled with gear from all categories
- mod content will only be categorized if mod is active
- new settings: seperate military loot adjuster (chance for rifles, items, uniforms,...) 
- setting to bulk exclude arma 3, dlc, ravage equipment seperately (option for weapons and for equipment) 
- setting to BLACKLIST specific classname from lootlist 
- setting to overwrite/WHITELIST loot arrays for itemslots with custom classnames (will ignore default generated lists and apply your classnames only) 
- setting to adjust chance that AI spawns with military gear
- setting to add additional classnames to the loot economy

Other changes:
- chance to spawn guard dogs set to 0 by default until friendly fire behaviour is fixed (BAD DOG!) 
- debug hints cleaned up (only worls in SP and hosted MP atm) 
- added counter to show how much loot is currently spawned
- removed bis fnc task defense from AI that is spawned at sites until AI behaviour issues are fixed. 
- added a ravage time multiplier to some function. For example for bleeding to avoid bleeding to tick faster than intended.
- some settings cleaned up

enjoy;)

cheers

VD

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys, 

There seems to be an issue with dedicated servers, where clients get stuck in an infinite loading screen. 

I ll try to fix it tonight. 

If you have the same issue, or if you were able to successfully host a dedi server, pleasee let me know here or on discord.

Cheers 

Vd

• Like 1

Organizing stuff will make it easier not just to check whats coming up, also will help you with priority and workflow.  
I have big hopes for this as my main random event server add on 😉. Keep up the good and steady work 🤘

I don't remember if I wrote this in discord , but are you planning any events that includes zeds?  All missions/events I've encountered so far are all AI soldiers bots. How about making something with Ravage zeds ?  i.e Clear the area of zeds - get crate ,  Clear the area of zeds - save barricaded friendly ai - get crate, ....

• Like 2

Thanks mate, i actually really started to like trello! 

We may have talked about it, not sure either.. 

It is two fold:

Option 1 would be zombie and creatures (max' work, Z&D, raptors, more jbdogs, and so on) related site spawners, such as completely Z overrun abandoned military camps or convoys. Or chance to spawn hordes around existing VA sites. 

Or to weave in hord spawners connected to events, like when players spend too much time in a city, hordes of z start to spawn

The problem with that is FPS (leaving out potentially using HC). 

And i am trying to prioritise features that enhance gameplay experience, but are as FPS neutral as possible. 

Of course, i could just include it and leave it up to the mission designer to tune the available features to an acceptable performance level, that remains an option. 

Option 2:

A mission/task/reputation system is something i want to implement at some point. 

Such tasks as you described will definitely be part of it. 

So i guess its a yes, these things are planned in one or the other form, but with different priority rating. 

E. G. A mission frame work is quite high up, (top 3 planned new features) . And thanks for reminding me, as i forgot to add a task on trello for that:)) 

Cheers

Vd

Ps: i think in the end i will ensure that not only Z apocalypse scenarios can be created, but also stuff connected with the raptors, or a heavy hunting/survival simulator or a scenario where AI stalkers are tuned in numbers and they act as rich guys hunting prisoners for sports scenario... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Separating things into civilian and military is a good idea. And also the idea of making logical places for different types of things, food in shops, weapons at a military base, etc.
I also strongly support new ideas for survival, such as the effects of cold and heat, dehydration, fatigue, hunger, and more. And it is important to think about a balance with all this cold and wet so that it is not too arcade.
And I'm waiting for the mod to develop to a level where the game will set the player the tasks that need to be completed. For example, traders will crush tasks for a player to find and bring goods and then get the opportunity to trade with this trader. Or change the money’s earnings so that they would be obtained not just by searching corpses, but this would be in the form of some typical missions appearing randomly.

And yes, I still come back to ARMA precisely because of this mod, I come back quite often.
Thank you.✌️

• Thanks 1

Just played mission with latest version with no probs 'cept the bandit camps are spawning without loot boxes?The same to be said of the hideouts-med boxes but no supply boxes.

• Like 1

Hideout med boxes? What do you mean? 

The hideouts: the big tent is searchable and might produce a lootbox, you need to use the search scrollaction. 

The bandits of the banditcamps are a bit smarter, they have burried their valuables in or near the camp, you ll have to find a dirthump and dig it up for some good old booty, yarrrr! 

Helicrashsites and shiprecks are also searchable and you might find a crate with loot when searching them. 

Cheers

Vd

@Vandeanson So they're no longer stored in boxes..must have missed that memo.And the "medboxes"is referenced to the box with vaxines that used to popup in hideouts which is little significance to me as I don't use zeds.Thanks for the heads-up,bro.

• Like 1

Hey VD!  My JBOY Point Blank Melee script is released now (if you're still considering it for bandit camps).

Also for Bandit Camps, if you want to add chatter to the happy campers, you might be interested in my just released JBOY Speak script which allows you to have AI say vanilla sounds ("Rally Up", "Halt", "Get Down", etc.) using the character's voices (english, russian, persian, etc.).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey VD!  My JBOY Point Blank Melee script is released now (if you're still considering it for bandit camps).

Also for Bandit Camps, if you want to add chatter to the happy campers, you might be interested in my just released JBOY Speak script which allows you to have AI say vanilla sounds ("Rally Up", "Halt", "Get Down", etc.) using the character's voices (english, russian, persian, etc.).

Hey johnny! 

Thanks, yeah i was thinking to add that one, then the chatter and (flashlight?) one and the exploding barrel one recently. 

I ll check and see how i can implement it:) 

Cheers and congrats again, that melee script is great ! 

Cheers

Vd

• Thanks 1

Hi all, 

https://discord.gg/SAFysz8

New beta build v2. 20b available on discord. 

- code added to prevent infinite loading screen

- fixes random respawn bug

- fixes some issues with AI patrols and stalkers

-ai stalkers are now less presice and search you in a 350m radius (adjustable) 

- replaces the old client based loot spawner with a one off loot populator, loot will spawn into the whole map and will only respawn at server restart. 

This should make looting more immersive and challenging. 

I recommend to not go above 10% chance of loot spawn per building position. 

And some general smaller tweaks and fixes. 

Big thanks to the guys on discord for the lively discussion and valuable feedback! 

Enjoy:) 

Vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to make bots avoid contact with zombies? They must be afraid of them so as not to get infected )

Everything is possible:) 

But i am not going to meddle with AI behaviour, its just too frustrating (for me) to work with arma AI units behaviour. 

I will look into adding johnnyboys melee script, the version where AI melee hits close zombies. That might help:) 

• Like 4

Hi all,

Fyi, i am currently working on a mag repack feature based on a script from Pierremgi that works with Vanilla and Ravage, hence it must be holdaction triggered.

It will likely be released along with the steam release of the latest beta content. 

Cheers 

Vd

• Like 4

New beta version 2.20c available for testing. 

- magazine repack feature (ravage compatible) 

- one off worldwide loot spawn system

- tweaks to AI patrols and stalkers

- draft VA stats overview

- draft temperature feature

And others as per 2.20a and 2.20b.

I expect to push this to steam rather soon. 

To dos: 

- need to fix some minor error messages

- need to add settings to choose between static one off loot spawn vs. Dynamic loot spawn 

- add sounds to bandaging, pills, injectors, bloodbag and magazine repack

Cheers

Vd

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Thanks 3

v2.21 is live on steam:
- bleeding frequency fixed (bleeding effects would not be delayed properly)
- infection script redone - should be bug free now
- random respawn redone - players should no longer spawn outside the map or in water

cheers 

vd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone

If you are interessted, feel free to check out reported bugs, planned features and current work in progress in below overview. This is always the latest state of the project.

VA Trello

For questions or help and testing, feel free to join the VA Discord server:

DISCORD

We are currently testing VA on a dedicated server which helps me greatly to identify issues. 

You are invited to join:) 

Cheers

VD

• Like 3

HI @Vandeanson,

A bit of constructive feedback for you after I was using your latest revision.
Crashsites will keep running if it cannot make the number of sites in configuration. It ought to stop after a number of failed tries.🙂

Not sure how many; perhaps 8 tries?

Also wondering if the sites feature could optionally use markers for each type of site like Trader Camps. A user could enable markers for sites, then put a marker for each crashsite, shipwreck, stronghold, bandit camp, etc. This could make startup less intensive; I assume.

The enable/disable radio button for infection and bleeding don't work if any sliders are positive values. When disabled all sliders ought to be disabled and/or go to zero.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

v2.22

- Mag repack multiplication bug fixed
- world loot bug fixed
- main menue initialization bug fixed
- animal spawner reworked
- HUD moved into debug message for now

• Like 4