4 hours ago, chernaruski said:

To be honest I couldn't understand what you mean by "placing markers" 
Why not use [worldsize/2] as a max radius relatively to map center as your center for spawner and not player or marker location , and just auto-spawn them randomly on map when player near it (1000m or so) ?

Hello there Guys !

I haven't check the code for the selected spawn distance that is used currently , but generally as also Chernaruski said, just by using BIS_fnc_randomPos , you will avoid spawns out of the map or manage to spawn on ground or water.

You can add a function that it will check for your desired parameters.

If you want i can also give you some examples.

Hiho all, i am off to holidays for 2 weeks, going to dig into the above afterwards. Would be cool if you guys post any feedback from testing sessions in the meantime:) 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 5

On 6/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, chernaruski said:

To be honest I couldn't understand what you mean by "placing markers" 
Why not use [worldsize/2] as a max radius relatively to map center as your center for spawner and not player or marker location , and just auto-spawn them randomly on map when player near it (1000m or so) ?

That would spawn stuff in a circle. Better take a land position from [random worldsize, random worldsize] and from there findbestplaces or BIS_fnc_findSafePos, idk. Would populate islands though.

Here's how I do it for my group/stuff/player spawns... Thing is, you need to find a land position, because otherwise after findSafePos you will have lots of spawns at the coast. Never had problems with long/endless loops here btw.

_overland = false;
while {!_overland} do
{
   _spawnPos = [random worldsize, random worldsize, 0];
   _overland = !(_spawnPos isFlatEmpty [-1, -1, -1, -1, 0, false] isEqualTo []);
}; _spawnPos = [_spawnPos, 0, 60, 2, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This happened because i used to change the mods name to include the version, i stopped that as of last update so no more duplication should happen:) 

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, tortuosit said:

That would spawn stuff in a circle. Better take a land position from [random worldsize, random worldsize] and from there findbestplaces or BIS_fnc_findSafePos, idk. Would populate islands though.

Here's how I do it for my group/stuff/player spawns... Thing is, you need to find a land position, because otherwise after findSafePos you will have lots of spawns at the coast. Never had problems with long/endless loops here btw.

_overland = false;
while {!_overland} do
{
   _spawnPos = [random worldsize, random worldsize, 0];
   _overland = !(_spawnPos isFlatEmpty [-1, -1, -1, -1, 0, false] isEqualTo []);
}; _spawnPos = [_spawnPos, 0, 60, 2, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

I ll look into the worldsize portion. 

My spawners also work with bis fnc findsafepos and isflatempty, but relative to player position

• Like 2

I'm still new to Arma 3 and only played a few missions, mostly ravage mod default on Altis. So i might have no idea what i'm talking about, but..

I think i read somewhere that ravage changed the injury system so leg wounds don't make you limp (which is vanilla behaviour if i understand correctly). With apocalypse a dog bit my leg and i walked so slow as a result that i stopped playing.

Is there a way to use the ravage injury settings?

I am a coder so i could change it in the sqf files but i didn't find anything related to this in the ravage pbo.

Edit: SOLVED! See post below

Edited by Assaultimon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Assaultimon said:

I'm still new to Arma 3 and only played a few missions, mostly ravage mod default on Altis. So i might have no idea what i'm talking about, but..

I think i read somewhere that ravage changed the injury system so leg wounds don't make you limp (which is vanilla behaviour if i understand correctly). With apocalypse a dog bit my leg and i walked so slow as a result that i stopped playing.

Is there a way to use the ravage injury settings?

I am a coder so i could change it in the sqf files but i didn't find anything related to this in the ravage pbo.

Found it in the code. Since i don't play with infections anyway i just disabled your damage handler for the player. It would be nice if you could make a setting for that part. I think it's just too much on the player if he doesn't have items too heal his legs and is reduced to a cripple.

Here's how ravage "saves" my legs:

// ravage.pbo -> functions -> main -> fn_addDamage.sqf

_unit = _this select 0;
_addedDamage = _this select 1;
_selectionHits = (getAllHitPointsDamage _unit) select 0;
_selections = (getAllHitPointsDamage _unit) select 1;
_selectionDam = (getAllHitPointsDamage _unit) select 2;
for "_i" from 0 to (count _selections) - 1 do {
	_finalDam = (_addedDamage + (_selectionDam select _i)) max 0;

// LOOKIE HERE
	if ((_selections select _i) isEqualTo "legs") then {_finalDam = _finalDam min 0.49};

_unit setHit [(_selections select _i), _finalDam];
	_unit setHitPointDamage [(_selectionHits select _i), _finalDam];
};
true

Btw, your work (not just this mod) is soo much appreciated!! I love what you are doing with arma/ravage. I've just begun to make my own missions, will have some more feedback for you soon. For now, the only thing i can say: AWESOME!

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2019 at 11:13 PM, Assaultimon said:

Found it in the code. Since i don't play with infections anyway i just disabled your damage handler for the player. It would be nice if you could make a setting for that part. I think it's just too much on the player if he doesn't have items too heal his legs and is reduced to a cripple.

Here's how ravage "saves" my legs:

// ravage.pbo -> functions -> main -> fn_addDamage.sqf

_unit = _this select 0;
_addedDamage = _this select 1;
_selectionHits = (getAllHitPointsDamage _unit) select 0;
_selections = (getAllHitPointsDamage _unit) select 1;
_selectionDam = (getAllHitPointsDamage _unit) select 2;
for "_i" from 0 to (count _selections) - 1 do {
	_finalDam = (_addedDamage + (_selectionDam select _i)) max 0;

// LOOKIE HERE
	if ((_selections select _i) isEqualTo "legs") then {_finalDam = _finalDam min 0.49};

_unit setHit [(_selections select _i), _finalDam];
	_unit setHitPointDamage [(_selectionHits select _i), _finalDam];
};
true

Btw, your work (not just this mod) is soo much appreciated!! I love what you are doing with arma/ravage. I've just begun to make my own missions, will have some more feedback for you soon. For now, the only thing i can say: AWESOME!

Hi man! 

So this code undoes the damage on the leg so you keep walking at the normal speed? 

Thanks for the feedback too, would love to hear how you got along with VA in your mission. Let me know if you struggle with something. 

Cheers

Vd

Hiho all,

quick heads up about an update to be pushed to steam soonish:

fixes:

- Anti Virus Meds can now easily be picked up

- loot economy (gear that may spawn in buildings): setting a type (e.g. "pistol" ) to 0, will now correctly exclude it from the loottable

- "non harmful" infection effects delay increased (coughing, stam loss,..)

new:

- Anti Virus Meds added to the loot economy loottable (they may spawn in buildings now)

anything super urgent that would need fixing?

Cheers

vd

• Like 2

On 6/4/2019 at 9:46 PM, Vandeanson said:

Welcome to Vandeanson’s Apocalypse

Version 2.0

WrANTKC.png

Vandeanson's Apocalypse (VA) is a dynamic spawn system that spices up ever mission you play or create by adding sites of interests, events, enemies and loot to your world.

NOTE: This is not a MISSION. This is a dynamic site and event spawner, that runs on top of any mission that you start while the mod is active. 

It spawns in sites based on player position, terrain and your settings.

THIS MOD CREATES NO DEPENDENCY

THE MOD MUST BE INSTALLED ON BOTH SERVER AND CLIENTS TO WORK

Check the FEATURES to see what is added by the mod.

Link: Vandeanson's Apocalypse

INSTALLATION:

Reveal hidden contents

-       Subscribe to VA in the Steam Workshop and activate the Mod in your A3 Launcher
-       Subscribe to CBA_A3 in the Steam Workshop and activate the Mod in your A3 Launcher
-       Subscribe to CUP Terrain - Core in the Steam Workshop and activate the Mod in your A3 Launcher

USAGE:

Reveal hidden contents

Default:
-       Start your mission, VA will start spawning in its FEATURES
-       Non-island maps such as Chernarus need further setup in the eden editor for best performance, see below

OR

Customize VA Settings:
-       Open your existing or a new Mission in the A3 Eden Editor
-       Open - > Settings - > Addon Options -> Vandeanson’s Apocalypse (various sub-menues)
-       Adjust the settings to your liking (you may save your preferred settings to easily copy for another project (press save within the CBA_A3 settings menue)
-       Save your mission in the Eden Editor. Your current settings are saved to this mission now
-       Further adjust your mission or start to play
-       To test the VA settings, you can activate ZEUS support and Debug Markers under the “Vandeanson’s Apocalypse
-       General” settings. Then place the ZEUS Gamemaster module in the editor and assign it to your player.

NOTE: the PLANE SPAWNER requires you to markers on potential spawn points, else the planes spawn in the debug zone or not at all.

Place and name markers on the map and enter the marker names into the respective field in the plane spawner settings under Vandeanson’s Apocalypse – Sites.

NOTE: if you play on maps like Chernarus, cover the empty terrain with large area markers and name them. Enter the area markers name into the field under “Vandeanson’s Apocalypse - General" settings to blacklist that area from landsite spawns, separated by commas.

Similar for SHIPWRECK SPAWNER and BOAT SPAWNER (cover inland lakes our out of territory coastal sites with blacklist markers for coastal sites) so the shipwrecks and boats wont spawn in lakes inland or at the coast which belongs to empty territory.

FEATURES :

Reveal hidden contents

NEW - Dynamic Loot Economy (must be activated in settings)

- Bandit Camps

- Hideouts

- Shipwrecks

- Crashsites

- AI Patrols

- AI Stalkers

- Animal Spawner (Goats & Sheep, can be gutted and eaten with the Ravage mod)

- Boat Spawner

- Helicopter Spawner

- Zombie Infection Script for the RAVAGE mod (change the zombie parent if you want this to apply to other zombie mods) 

- JBDOG/LSValmont feral dog spawner

- JBDOG/LSValmont AI patrol dogs

- DBO Horses spawner (you need to subscribe to this mod separately, if you wish to use the spawn feature) 

- loot spawns at all sites

- Anti virus pills to heal zombie infection drop from non zombie AI and spawn at most sites

- Max Joiners melee weapon mod is automatically included in the loot economy and player equipper. AI wont spawn with melee weapons however. This requires the max_melee weapons mod subscribed and activated. No dependency is created. 

Disabled by default:

- Plane Spawner (disabled by default, mission maker editing needed) 
- Tradercamp (custom weapon attachment trader, custom trader for ravage respawn tent backpacks, all ravage traders) -> WIP

- No Rest! spawner (checks if player stays at a place for too long, if so, might spawn AI hunters) -> WIP

GENERAL:

Reveal hidden contents

- random and automatic position finder for all features.

- FEATURES spawn and despawn based on player locations and despawn timers

- FPS saving mechanics: Assets are only spawned if any player is near a FEATURE. Spawned sites/AI have simulation disabled and or are Hidden whenever no player is near. After some time, or if all players are very far away, the FEATURES are despawned and spawn new.

- automated loot arrays based on active mods (e.g. CUP, RHS,... will be integrated into the features)

- option to blacklist items from loot arrays

- option to exclude Arma 3 Vanilla and DLC items from loottable

- option to exclude various mod sub content (e. g. CUP Uniforms, or IFA3 Backpacks...) 

- adjustable AI equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)

- adjustable player equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)

- CBA_A3 Settings to tune features in Editor while making a mission

- possibility to add blacklist area markers for land sites (e.g. Bandit Camps) and coastal sites (e.g. shipwreck and boats)

- adjustable spawn ranges and despawn timers

- MP compatible

- the default currency is the ravage money, fyi. Without ravage mod active, it will just not spawn without error

- adjust the amount of sites/features that at spawn to your needs or disable specific features if you dont like it

KNOWN ISSUES/WIP:

Reveal hidden contents

- the TRADER CAMP feature needs to be remade from scratch and is disabled by default
- the No Rest! spawner needs some rework

REQUIREMENTS :

Reveal hidden contents

Note that this mod requires CBA_A3 and CUP Terrain - Core.

Ravage has been the inspiration for the mod and this mod is made with Ravage in mind.
There is however no dependency, you can use the mod with our without Ravage.

Thanks to all the great guys on the BI forum for their help and advise.

With special thanks to Dedmen, sarogahtyp, gc8, LSValmont, George Floros GR, Johnnyboy, Mr H., HazJ, Larrow, pierremgi, Haleks, Grumpyoldman, Gunter Severloh, the Ravage folks, all followers of my topic thread and anyone I might have forgotten right now. 

The biggest thanks goes to @zagr for all the hours he and his crew tested every aspect of the previous versions of VA and provided valuable feedback!

HELP TO IMPROVE:

Please subscribe & rate on Steam and let me know about any issue that might occur, I would appreciate receiving any feedback that helps me improve the mod.

Please be specific when reporting a potential issue and try to test your potential issue with as little mods as possible, in order for me to replicate and fix a problem.

Cheers

VD

@Vandeanson 

Hello 🙂

Would I be allowed to send a request to get this mod added to the a3launcher? 

Thanks 

B

19 minutes ago, sniperb said:

@Vandeanson 

Hello 🙂

Would I be allowed to send a request to get this mod added to the a3launcher? 

Thanks 

B

Sure thing! will it be automatically updated when i change something in the steam version?

• Like 1

v2.05 updated:

fixes:

- Anti Virus Meds can now easily be picked up

- loot economy (gear that may spawn in buildings): setting a type (e.g. "pistol" ) to 0, will now correctly exclude it from the loottable

- "non harmful" infection effects delay increased (coughing, stam loss,..)

new:

- Anti Virus Meds added to the loot economy loottable (they may spawn in buildings now)

cheers

vd

• Like 2

Hi all,

Few impressions and details about the new/updated loot economy:

2D075233015D47B7C13D15744A67FD9C5CFDDD36

Main settings:

- Enable loot economy (loot will be spawned for each player separately)

- chose area around player that will be populated (reduce if you get FPS issues)

- chose save distance to player

- chose chance of buildings to be considered for loot (suggested 100%)

- chose chance of building loot positions to be considered for loot (suggested 5-10% for a survival scenario)

- if you notice that loot spawns under the floor, you can activate and adjust the last two options. Loot will then spawn higher or lower.

- added anti virus medicine to spawns to the loot table

- loot de-spawns once the player moves out of the populated area

- previous or currently populated areas are blacklisted from being populated again for a bit (20 players in one spot should not cause a loot explosion but must share loot)

- loot spawns again when you move according to your new location (once you moved out of the previous area).

The loot economy is of course affected by your loot economy settings.

EE760290378C4668E285D8C98D8EF78F62D9B5DC

Example with loot in 100% of all buildings in 150m radius and with loot populated on 100% of the available building positions.

I would recommend to allow loot in 100% of the building but set the chance that each building position has loot, to something below 10%.

E254345899C35BB1844D1A486AAFFD530A7FFDB8

12BCA65691EC01174716645396955BF3C4E9ACA5

078F1592D8F633481C66E3BA1B3F9F7418CEEC87

Each gear type drop chance can be adjusted (e.g. if you put "Vest" to 2 and "Items" to 6, the random gear picker will, for each loot spot, randomly select a type from an array that would look like this: ["vest","vest","Items","Items","Items","Items","Items","Items",].

Hence the chance for a vest is higher - play around with it. (I hope you know what I am trying to explain;).

AED74496596F7CD632CB64E4D36A4777678A86A0

Also, not sure if that is known, but picking up FAKs may gain you anti virus medicine instead, deleting the FAK. This can be enabled/disabled/adjusted.

The brown ravage document folders may now contain information about spawned sites. You may get a personal (not global) marker on your map, hinting at a banditcamp or heli crashsite! Ofc, adjustable.

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Sure thing! will it be automatically updated when i change something in the steam version?

Thank you!! I have a few players that would really love this mod.

I assume that it would be updated automatically, I just sent the request in to get it added. Not sure if its still being run by Maca or not but when/If I get a reply i'll ask 🤠

• Like 1

mod updated to include server key 😉

Hiho all,

I let the mod run for a couple hours today and there seems to be issues with:

- loot economy: the blacklisting markers do not work properly update: fixed...silly mistake to be released in update 2.06 later tonight

- AI Patrols: a check seems not to be working, investigating whats up there

- AI stalkers: same as above

will check and see if I can do to fix it FYI

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
update
  • Like 3

VA updated to v2.06:

Bugfixes:

- loot economy: the blacklisting markers did not work properly, fixed

- AI Patrols: fixed issue with cleanup checks

- AI stalkers: fixed issue with cleanup checks

new:
- AI stalkers: added option to set patrol dog spawnchance (0 to disable patrol dogs)

• Like 2

Yay! 3k subscribers of the steam mod:slayer:

Next up:

- chance for AI (patrols, banditcamps,...) to be military rather than survivors. Includes better loot and higher chance for explosives, launchers,... 

- setting to randomize any AI groups side (wrest, east, indep) 

- refined loot economy with different loot tiers, military vs civilian

- setting to steer military tier loot chance

- either auto recognision of military loot places or setting to place markers that define military areas (so chance to spawn mil tier loot is increased 

Just a wip update

Cheers

Vd

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

giphy.gif

Keep it up VD !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

- chance for AI (patrols, banditcamps,...) to be military rather than survivors. Includes better loot and higher chance for explosives, launchers

Consider some heli patrols,also?

On 8/6/2019 at 7:23 AM, Vandeanson said:

congrats dude!

• Thanks 1

Fyi: also reworking the tradercamp to atleast work with the ravage traders, removing my old custom VA trader for good. Might add an init field option so users can add own scripts (e. G. Simple shops or custom ravage traders). WIP

• Like 1

B21930C25376254B676C49CB74582C6ADC438C03

made a new version of the tradercamp - it got a little crazy oO 😉

New tradercamp incoming, with ravage traders and custom traders (requires ravage however).

On 6/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, tortuosit said:

_overland = false; while {!_overland} do { _spawnPos = [random worldsize, random worldsize, 0]; _overland = !(_spawnPos isFlatEmpty [-1, -1, -1, -1, 0, false] isEqualTo []); }; _spawnPos = [_spawnPos, 0, 60, 2, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Going to play around with that now, since i need a new spawn system for the tradercamp anyway:) thanks for the input @tortuosit @chernaruski @GEORGE FLOROS GR

Finally need to ubderstand how to use worldsize:) 

Cheers 

Vd

• Thanks 1