Fyi, @chernaruski and i are updating and heavily testing VA. Currenty busy getting the basic site spawner fixed, and reviewing the AI behaviour.

Going well, the site position finder is pretty much fixed, and that method can then be applied to all other sites.

No more whole ACE system with Vandeanson’s mod? Maybe you can leave some options to select exept ACE medicine?

Hiho, ace was never something i included or considered for VA tbh. 

If you want to use ace and think some VA features are not compatible, you can turn of features of VA in the VA settings. Or vice verca, disable ace modules. Not sure if this answers your question? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Hiho, ace was never something i included or considered for VA tbh. 

If you want to use ace and think some VA features are not compatible, you can turn of features of VA in the VA settings. Or vice verca, disable ace modules. Not sure if this answers your question? 

Thank you for your answer!

I love Vandeanson's mod very much and I love also ACE ballistics, ACE interactions and other functions. I mean can I combine these two amazing mods together maybe only without ACE medicine?

• Thanks 1

Try it, and let me know if you see issues, i think without ace medicine it works. 

Prospekt mir on youtube also used VA with ace (but not ace medicine) 

• Thanks 1

What's the difference between this thread and the one over in the Scripting section? Information updates, videos and pics seem to be spread between the two threads, so in order to get the full lowdown on all things VA, we have to navigate between two threads? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

Try it, and let me know if you see issues, i think without ace medicine it works. 

Prospekt mir on youtube also used VA with ace (but not ace medicine) 

No, sadly it doesn't work anymore together. All of ACE functions are now blocked when Vandeanson's mod is enabled. I think the last update did it.

I think i know why. I added a keydown eventhandler, and a reset function at respawn.

That is probably disturbing ACE.

Will check;)

• Thanks 1

Sorry for asking how to bandage a wound, I have bandages but how to use them?

Shift + F and then you get a scroll wheel menue:) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, EO said:

What's the difference between this thread and the one over in the Scripting section? Information updates, videos and pics seem to be spread between the two threads, so in order to get the full lowdown on all things VA, we have to navigate between two threads? 

No the other one (old one) should be closed, i think i might have accidentally posted or replied there tho🤔

Do you know how to close/lock a thread? 

3 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Do you know how to close/lock a thread? 

Either tag a moderator in a post on your old thread, or send one of them a PM requesting closure. :icon_biggrin: 

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 11:52 PM, Vandeanson said:

I think i know why. I added a keydown eventhandler, and a reset function at respawn.

That is probably disturbing ACE.

Will check;)

Yes, you're right! Now ACE is working well also. Thank you! 😊

I don’t know what I'm doing wrong, but I still can’t use a bandage or pills. Shift + F does not work, I reset the keyboard settings and this also did not produce a result.
If I press Shift + F then the inventory simply scrolls from the selected object to the most recent one.
Why doesn't double-click the mouse?

V2.17:

Bleeding updated to no longer trigger randomly.

10 hours ago, B3OP said:

I don’t know what I'm doing wrong, but I still can’t use a bandage or pills. Shift + F does not work, I reset the keyboard settings and this also did not produce a result.
If I press Shift + F then the inventory simply scrolls from the selected object to the most recent one.
Why doesn't double-click the mouse?

Are you playing in SP or MP? 

With bandages , i mean the white ones, custom from the VA mod, not the yellow arma ones. 

You need to be bleeding nd have atleast one bandage in your inventory. Then if you press shift + F, there should be n additional scroll wheel action to bandage yourself. 

Can you send me a short youtube video or screen shots of what happens when you start to bleed? 

14 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Are you playing in SP or MP? 

With bandages , i mean the white ones, custom from the VA mod, not the yellow arma ones. 

You need to be bleeding nd have atleast one bandage in your inventory. Then if you press shift + F, there should be n additional scroll wheel action to bandage yourself. 

Can you send me a short youtube video or screen shots of what happens when you start to bleed? 

I play a single player game.
The bleeding did not work, but my character contracted the disease, probably in this case the actions are similar.

Keyboard Default Settings.

When I press Shift + F, it jumps from position to position, scrolling with the mouse wheel just moves the inventory.

https://mega.nz/#!X8cAiIQZ!mycUHP6-Un5PU4U3XEBaR9AJ2U3UIy77b87EM7Qn4yg

3 minutes ago, B3OP said:

I play a single player game.
The bleeding did not work, but my character contracted the disease, probably in this case the actions are similar.

Keyboard Default Settings.

When I press Shift + F, it jumps from position to position, scrolling with the mouse wheel just moves the inventory.

https://mega.nz/#!X8cAiIQZ!mycUHP6-Un5PU4U3XEBaR9AJ2U3UIy77b87EM7Qn4yg

No need to be in the inventory, just press shift f when in the game. 

I updated VA yesterday night, i tested the bleeding in SP and MP and it should work. Let me know if it works for you now

Hi VD i m working on a MP TvT persistent gamemode (close to be done) and i got few question before implenting your mods, mainly on the medical sytem and infection setting.

Im using psycho AI revive system, so your modes just manage the bleeding and HP, so i think it that should not break the revive system im right ?

My other question its about the bandage, if i understand FAK are replaced by the bandage when added to the inventory, there is also a bandage ''item'' with the mod ? (to add the classname in the loot table).

My question on the infection setting, is compatible on a dedicated environement ? cause the system provided with ravage not work properly on DS, the infection work but the new infected didn't have animation, there is just a corpse moving around.

I think I found what I need)
The fact is that I always go with weapons in my hands, so I have not seen that it is possible to use antivirus.
For me, all this was not obvious, I apologize for this)
I got infected and used 4 antivirus packages but it didn’t help.
How to understand that I was cured?

1 hour ago, B3OP said:

I think I found what I need)
The fact is that I always go with weapons in my hands, so I have not seen that it is possible to use antivirus.
For me, all this was not obvious, I apologize for this)
I got infected and used 4 antivirus packages but it didn’t help.
How to understand that I was cured?

It is not your fault, i need to add a tutorial of some sort, so it is clear to the player, how things work:) 

The red/white anti virus medicine pills are to supress the effect, it will slow down how often you take damage from the infection. 

The anti virus cure injector are there to fully cure you from the infection. 

55 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

It is not your fault, i need to add a tutorial of some sort, so it is clear to the player, how things work:) 

The red/white anti virus medicine pills are to supress the effect, it will slow down how often you take damage from the infection. 

The anti virus cure injector are there to fully cure you from the infection. 

And, then there is still an injector, this adds drama)

I also wanted to ask, can I increase the length of the day if I play the default mission?

My mod does not affect the daytime, i think you can adjust that in the eden editor when creating your mission however, or via the ravage modules

hi @damsous

4 hours ago, damsous said:

Im using psycho AI revive system, so your modes just manage the bleeding and HP, so i think it that should not break the revive system im right ?

it is very likely interfering, you would need to test it - if there are problems i can add it to the to do list to see if i can make it compatible. Seems like a nice feature!

My other question its about the bandage, if i understand FAK are replaced by the bandage when added to the inventory, there is also a bandage ''item'' with the mod ? (to add the classname in the loot table).

Bleeding:

VA_Bandage_F

VA_Bloodbag_F

Infection:

VA_AVM_Pill_F

VA_AVM_Injector_F

However, consider that

the VA bleeding and infection system will add these items to any killed non zombie AI, according to your dropchance settings.

Further, they are part of the medical items group of the spawner that places loot inside buildings (in case you use this)

My question on the infection setting, is compatible on a dedicated environement ? cause the system provided with ravage not work properly on DS, the infection work but the new infected didn't have animation, there is just a corpse moving around.

Yes, to my best knowledge and testing it is SP, mp hosted and Dedicated compatible.

It is not related/connected to the Ravage zombie respawn setting, fyi.

Good luck with your mission-launch!;)

Cheers

VD

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

@Vandeanson Since a few guys did already post some suggestions for your future temperature system which include my thoughts about the matter in the RAVAGE thread, I don't want to clog your "audience's wishlist" with repetition.  I do however, have an question and/or feature request for the healing system. 

To me, it is not yet clear if it affects all players, all playable units even if mission slot is occupied by AI or if it affects ALL non-zombie units.  If it doesn't affect ALL units, I suggest to create an option in the VD settings to choose who is affected by the healing system: players only - players and playable units - all units BLUFOR - all units OPFOR - all units IND - all units CIV - all units

And in addition to that I'd like to see AI helping their comrades, be it in mixed players/AI squads or AI-only squads - THAT is one of the most immersive features of the A3Wounding script by Psychobastard which I currently use in my missions. It even comes with a button you can press while incapacitated to call for help - and more than once my AI buddies rushed to my aid and saved my sorry ass...

Just a few thoughts, lemme know if that is within the scope of your work schedule...

@tourist

Taking the post over here;)

for now my "the living" features (bleeding, infection, temperature) will affect the player only - simply to safe performance.

An optional setting to make it affect AI would be possible tho - and it would leave it up to the mission designer to wreck his FPS (if it actually does that, to be tested;))

So yeah - good Idea, partially tested for the infection setting btw., where infected will infect other AI and players if they coff nearby without mouth protection. 

Will put it on the to do list.

A3Wounding mod seems to be a sweet thing, something that I got on the radar now. Needs to be checked with regards to VA compatibility, but im sure there are ways to integrate it. On the to do list too now.

Thanks for the feedback;)

cheers

VD