v2. 23

- stat debug hint fixed

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grimwald said:

HI @Vandeanson,

A bit of constructive feedback for you after I was using your latest revision.
Crashsites will keep running if it cannot make the number of sites in configuration. It ought to stop after a number of failed tries.🙂

Not sure how many; perhaps 8 tries?

Also wondering if the sites feature could optionally use markers for each type of site like Trader Camps. A user could enable markers for sites, then put a marker for each crashsite, shipwreck, stronghold, bandit camp, etc. This could make startup less intensive; I assume.

The enable/disable radio button for infection and bleeding don't work if any sliders are positive values. When disabled all sliders ought to be disabled and/or go to zero.

Cheers.

Hi @grimwald

Good ideas yeah, I have a loop cap in mind indeed, no need to let the sitespawner run forever. 8 is maybe too little, but 15-20 maybe.. 

The marker option is doable but just a lot of work, hence its not a priority. 

Also, not the position finding is hitting performance hard, but the creation of the structures and AI. Hence I think there would barely be a performance gain. It would still be a nice feature to have at one point, I agree! 

Ok thanks for the note, i will check the bleeding and infection settings accordingly, TTS'ed!, (trello this shit) 🙂

https://trello.com/b/Svm08vKx/vandeansons-apocalypse

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So i have a bunch of bugs to report.

-It seems that the ai in the bandit camps stand around and don't move even when the player is near them. 

-Hostile dogs are somehow able to damage and kill my trader camp survivors even though the survivors are configured to not take damage at all + the survivors don't attack the dogs 

-I specified only 1 group of stalkers and ai patrols to spawn but somehow, the game adds 2 groups of each even though I specified 1 only.

• Thanks 1

v2.24

Alright guys, i ll be honest, i tinkered around all day next to work and i pretty much lost the overview of what has changed 😉

+/-:

- Infinite loading screen fix is optional, disable if if you have problems with missions/other mods not loading. This is a wild guess but it could be something that breaks mods/missions that worked pre patch 2.20. Obviously enable if your clients get the infinite loading screen issue.

- spawning a tradercamp without the ravage AI module placed will no longer cause issues. the ravage trader function will just not be added
- magazine repack is optional now and has a setting to turn it off.
- world loot (one off loot spawn on whole map) delay option removed as it was causing major performance issues
- some unnecessary Settings removed from General
- AI Patrols and Stalkers tweaked, some settings reworked
- site spawners: Shipwreck and boat position finder redone, these should no longer spawn outside the map
- animal spawner: fixed and testing a respawn system using killed eventhandlers instead of waituntil/loops
- some unused assets removed or blacked out for now (VA food items,..)
- minimum spawn distance to player for all sites is a fix value of 600 meters now
- added an option under general to have a hint active that shows spawned sites and player stats, this is meant for debugging
- the WIP HUD is removed and integrated into the above debugger, it caused major issues and i ll have to work out a proper solution
-... that's probably about it, will add it later if i forgott to mention something

issues:
- dbo horse spawner spawns dead horses, will rewrite this spawner next

Project overview:
https://trello.com/b/Svm08vKx/vandeansons-apocalypse

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lv1234 said:

-It seems that the ai in the bandit camps stand around and don't move even when the player is near them. 

-Hostile dogs are somehow able to damage and kill my trader camp survivors even though the survivors are configured to not take damage at all + the survivors don't attack the dogs 

-I specified only 1 group of stalkers and ai patrols to spawn but somehow, the game adds 2 groups of each even though I specified 1 only.

thank you!

- I have tried to reproduce this issue with and without other mods but i was unable to get this scenario. can you let me know what mods where used along side VA and what faction the AI was/what was your player faction?

- dogs: ok will check, they should actually fight back, thank you!

- i reviewed and tested this today, let me know if the issue persists with the v2.24 update from today

7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

thank you!

- I have tried to reproduce this issue with and without other mods but i was unable to get this scenario. can you let me know what mods where used along side VA and what faction the AI was/what was your player faction?

- dogs: ok will check, they should actually fight back, thank you!

- i reviewed and tested this today, let me know if the issue persists with the v2.24 update from today

a3 load order: https://imgur.com/a/kqMPtzc (altis and tanoa)

Edit: Even happens with these minimum amount of mods: https://imgur.com/a/1zVPcus (both altis and tanoa)

v2.25

- now working on dedicated server
- added option to increase or decrease the spawnradius (relative to mapsize), if the sites still spawn outsidethe map with the calculated radius (which is distance from [0,0,0] to mapcenter * 0.8 -> 0.8 can be adjusted)
- hint should now show server side info (amount of spawned sites, loot and AI) to clients and clients get their stats hinted locally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, 

I have started working with inidb2 persistent saving again. 

This first version of this project is a script package that can be placed in your mission folder. 

The dedicated server or hosted MP host must have the Steam version of the inidb2 mod loaded. 

The clients DO NOT need this mod. 

VA PERSISTENCY V0.1

Please read the readme of the attached folder for links and some guidance. 

Saved information:

- player ID

- player position 

- player direction

- player loadout 

- player health

- ravage hunger

- ravage thirst

- ravage radiation

- VA blood level 

- VA is bleeding yes/no

- VA is infected yes/no

The VA and ravage stats have no effect, if these mods are not used. No dependencies. 

WIP features:

- save vehicles

- save info, if player is in vehicle 

- save placed tents

- save placed crates (storage) 

- save placed structures (fireplace and basebuilding) 

I would greatly appreciate if you could test these scripts and provide suggestions what to add, what doesnt work, and so on.... 

In its final form this is preferably going to be a standalone mod aswell as a feature included in VA. 

Worst case it remains a script package only. 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi all,

I am working on an updated persistency script. 

I am successfully saving crafted objects to the server now. 

This is enabling me to basically save any placed structures from basebuilding (barricades, sandbagwalls,...). 

Same goes with lootcrates, with storage space. 

So we will hopefully soon be able to hide away all our shiny loot somewhere in the forests:) 

However, i now need to find a way to capture and save loot that is placed into such crafted lootcrates, which is a bit trickier (as in brain melting) to think through.

But we get there! I must say I am prety excited about this feature, goodbstuff is coming!

Wip:

- automated save loops/eventhandlers

- save crafted tents (done) 

- save crafted empty lootboxes (done)

- save crafted fireplaces (done)

- inventory materials for above (packed tent, packed lootbox, kindle, matches,...) (done) 

- EH to save loot that is placed in lootboxes

Cheers

Vd

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Wip:

- automated save loops/eventhandlers

This sounds great !

Would be possible to see some part of the code ?!

I'm curious about it !

• Like 1

v2.26 live - VA is now PERSISTENT 😉

VA is now compatible with inidb2 persistency. Reconnecting players can continue to play where and in what state they have left.

Player: Position, Direction, Health, Loadout, Ravage Hunger/Thirst, VA Blood state, VA Bleeding state, VA Infection state are saved.
The Ravage stats save has no effect if Ravage or the Ravage Survival Module is not active.

Dependency: To save player data, the Dedicated Server/Hosted MP host must have the inidb2 mod activated. (Clients don't need this/it should have no effect)

Subscribe to INIDB2 by Code34:

Note: 
Add a local INIDB2 copy to your launcher (for Hosted MP Hosts) or your Dedicated Server, dedicated to the current mission/server, else you will load in player saves from previous missions/server setups.

Guys, I am extremely excited about this update and I hope you will like it!

Please share any issues or exploits you might encounter.

Massive shout out to @code34 for sharing his mod with the community.

Cheers

VD

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This sounds great !

Would be possible to see some part of the code ?!

I'm curious about it !

yeah but i best put together a package so its not depending on VA code - maybe you can help me find a way to best save crafted lootboxes and its inventory items (and keep the info updated, thats the nasty part!)

I can save lootcrates that i place via "basebuilding" - but identifying the specific crates and then checking and overwriting the correct crate with the new lootcontent (that player store there) is melting my brains at the moment.

Also, I want to create a save at player disconnect - I could not get that to work with the mission eventhandlers.

No rush, but if you are interested I could use some additional brains;)

cheers

vd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vandeanson said:

No rush, but if you are interested I could use some additional brains;)

Haha  !

Thanks , but to be honest i'm too busy this period to do anything , so i'm just staying a little bit awake ,when i can , just to take a look on the forum !

It's great what you have done so far and you have give very much to this community !

I think that the best should be to ask @code34 about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Haha  !

Thanks , but to be honest i'm too busy this period to do anything , so i'm just staying a little bit awake ,when i can , just to take a look on the forum !

It's great what you have done so far and you have give very much to this community !

I think that the best should be to ask @code34 about it.

Fair enough;) Will share some snippets with you next time it get to it

yeah i ll try to come up with a solution and if everything fails i ll hop on the inidb2 thread again.

Cheers

vd

• Like 1

v2.27

fixes bleeding trigger (would trigger multiple times before)
fixes sleep multiplier (misunderstanding from my end reversed)

adds Survivor Diaries inventory item that may drop from AI and may spawns in buildings. May contain information about Points of interesst (any VA Site)
adds awesome new map icon marker sponsored by The Dude
adds updated inidb2 persistency save system, players data is saved on disconnect and in a loop (to back up for server crashes)
adds various new small sounds sponsored by The Dude
various optimizations and smaller fixes

cheers

vd

• Like 3

On 11/12/2019 at 12:21 AM, lv1234 said:

@lv1234 most of these issues were taken care of in a recent update, at least for me.  You might want to join the VA discord and see if there can be a solution found.  There is more discussion and activity going on in the discord and more people tend to go there rather than this thread.  You may find more immediate help in there.

v 2.273

- fixed floating structures bug

- added immune timer after respawn (to avoid respawning with bleeding/infection)

- added 5% chance that ravage Z might spawn loot when killed (items or food)

- changed magazine spawner to spawn magazines with random round count (groundloot, player equipper, lootboxes)

- changed AI equipper, items are now only added once the AI is killed, this will also work with non VA units

• Like 3

update v 2.274

- added placeable player caches classname "VA_LootCrateDis"
- added persistent save for "VA_LootCrateDis" that are placed on the map
- added persistent save of gear that is placed in player caches
- added VA_LootCrateDis to the loottable (drops from AI and groundloot)

WIP/known issues:

- caches can currently only be placed on terrain ground (not on objects)
- the content of uniforms, vests and backpacks that are placed in the cache is not saved and will be lost after restart
- placement is just a default method and it will be replaced
- the material is likely going to be replaced with a (learnable) blueprint and materials (boards, nails,..)
- option to move or pick up cache

enjoy and this is WIP, so please let me know if you find any bugs

thanks!
cheers
vd

• Like 1

v2.275

Basebuilding updated
- place persistent player caches to store loot
- place persistent tents
- place persistent barricades
- place persistent ladders
- materials and blueprints (WIP)
- no ressource requirement for now (for testing)
- add any classname you want to the building menue (accessed by closing the inventory):

//(in initplayerlocal.sqf)
sleep 10;
VABB_ObjectsBP pushback "classname"; or
VABB_ObjectsBP append ["classname1","classname2","classname3"];

fixed:
- persistency: (saved player pos and object pos) positioning changed from setpos to setposatl
- Persistency: magazines duplication fixed in saved player caches

known issues:
- if you log out lying down, while on a building, you might log in one floor below.

MUST BE ENABLED IN THE CBA3 VA SETTINGS - BASEBUILDING - GENERAL SETTINGS! 

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
MUST BE ENABLED IN THE CBA3 VA SETTINGS - BASEBUILDING - GENERAL SETTINGS! 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

v2.28

- Basebuilding: enable option added
- Basebuilding: enable Key activation (press T to open and close basebuilding menue). If disabled, basebuilding menue will open on Inventory close
- HUD by The Dude added 
- hunger/thirst reset at respawn/restart fixed
- various smaller fixes

• Like 2

Would you consider adding an option for the AI to be equipped with launchers in the future?I'll buy you a round if so😉

4 hours ago, miasdad said:

Would you consider adding an option for the AI to be equipped with launchers in the future?I'll buy you a round if so😉

Hm oh, true i have not added that..yep, can do:)

• Like 1

So for some reason I'm able to build a base right off the bat when I spawn, is that normal?