pvt. partz

Pilgrimage, Silent---Unseen

OK, I see no apparent script error logs. Not so easy then. Anyway, try to play without all of these:  Enhanced Movement, Blastcore Edited, Incognito and Unlocked Uniforms, who knows... I managed to test this quickly: depacked scenario, opened and run in EDEN, so I could teleport here and there. Visited several places this way and all seem in order, I got everwhere some loot marks, ambient stuff, hostiles, notifications... I'll try to do more testing around Monday or something like that. 

1 hour ago, Hertz_85 said:

Hello, 

At first I just wanted to say how much I love Pilgrimage and all of it's variations. Thank you Rydygier for creating this mission, it's the only thing I'm playing on Arma 3 for few yers now! I've been stalking this forum for a long time but this is my first post here 🙂

The Silent-Unseen version is a very good and refreshing thing for Pilgrimage, especially that I'm from Poland too (Pozdrowienia z Torunia! 🙂 ).

But I think that there is a game-breaking bug: After a while the game stops spawning civilians, loot and ambient combat enemies. It also doesn't save near the churches. I played three times and I always had this problem. 

I have loot, civilians and intel in first village I visit, but after some time the other places are entirely empty (exept the enemies that spawned at the start of the mission). Every time I tried different settings for civilians and loot, and I have the 3D icons set to show all. 

I played through the updated version and had civilians and loot right through nearly 6 hours of play.

Had lots of niggles with the map though.

5 hours ago, Hertz_85 said:

I have loot, civilians and intel in first village I visit, but after some time the other places are entirely empty (exept the enemies that spawned at the start of the mission). Every time I tried different settings for civilians and loot, and I have the 3D icons set to show all. 

Yes, this happened to me on every early game (so far not on the current game I'm playing). It's what I was trying to say when I posted the following:

On 6/8/2019 at 3:07 PM, shoki said:

Usually find a few (loot) in the first town (or rural area) I come across but sparse/non-existent after that. Just spent a bunch of time in exploring Szydlow (driving and walking) without seeing a single icon for loot or civilian... Churches have never "cleared" for me...

No issues, however, in my current game. As I move across the map for the first time I'm seeing loot, churches are clearing, new Germans and Russians are spawning, as are civilians. I even saw two AK fighters in full uniform! The problem is I'm not sure what I did to make it work. I did was create more free space on my hard drive and did move a lot of old Pilgrimage .pbo files I wasn't playing out of the mission folder so that they would not load but I do not really  know if this helped.

I'm running Enhanced Movement, Blastcore Edited (standalone), Incognito, TPW Mods, Mag Repack, Moduload, RHSWeaponSights_Zoom, Dual Arms - Two Primary Weapons, and Unlocked Uniforms.

I'm curious what other people are running as addons.

1 hour ago, shoki said:

I'm curious what other people are running as addons.

My mods used  in my last mission. Some were probably a bit redundant for the mission but hey ho.

Mods
----
CBA_A3, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997
CUP Terrains - Core, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583496184
Enhanced Movement, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333310405
IFA3_AIO_LITE, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660460283
mao anims sway fix
More Readable Map
Quick- & Autosave, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489296873
RYD BT
RYD INCOGNITO
RYD LiabilityInsurance
ShackTac User Interface, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498740884
Simple Single Player Cheat Menu, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410206202
SOS & DMS NightVision
TPW MODS
VTS Weapon resting 1.0

Here is prepared special, debug version. It can be played same way, but leaves special logs in RPT file. If someone want, may help by playing this version and if mentioned "nothing new appears" issue happen - show me RPT file. I'll try same thing myself. 

All right, I got some feedback and I think, I know, what's the deal with killed mark not present sometimes. Without technical details, from player perspective indeed it could look, so at first German non-AC encounters was mark-less. West side was excluded from initial assigning proper code generating these markers, but this code was applied after first decaching, also for all AC groups and all Soviets in general.

Made proper fix, and now it works for me, here is the new version, if the issue will be confirmed as solved, then this may become next official update after disabling these extra RPT logs. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Here is prepared special, debug version. 

Maybe I missed something or I'm stupid but how do I run the debug version? 

Debug version updated. Fixed something reported to me, that possibly caused "nothing new appears anymore" issue (logic error after changes in the Ambient Combat code), also disabled decoy action - out of context, makes no sense here IMO. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/2/2019 at 6:28 PM, alky_lee said:

Turn off cars, park, civs & crowds.

...also turn off air, we have our own version of ambient aircraft formation fly-overs.

...also turn off animals, we have our own scripted placement of animals. Herds will spawn only in fields, flocks will only spawn in barnyards, and dogs will only spawn in towns.

...I am also finding that if you enable the fog settings, the "tpw_fog_mist" can be heavy on your fps, even if it's set to very low. With fog, I only have breath and heat haze enabled. You'll have to experiment to decide.

OH SHIT !!!

rAHm5ba.jpg

• Like 2

...so, for some reason all objects that contain the word "dirt", somehow got cut/pasted, and ended up in a heap at the bottom left corner of the map. All fixed now.

...no idea! 😵

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

...so, for some reason all objects that contain the word "dirt", somehow got cut/pasted, and ended up in a heap at the bottom left corner of the map.

...no idea! 😵

Is that the same dirt that sends my car into orbit?

• Thanks 1

Is that the same dirt that sends my car into orbit? 

...I think you are talking about the "gardens" located in the yards of houses. These are Iron Front objects and they have been reported. Yes, they will make your (any) vehicle go flying, lol. The dirt objects I have placed are BI default.

BTW, thanks for the reminder. I have posted this feature on the first post of the release page. 👍

Anything is possible, but it is quite difficult. You would have to download the coop version found on the front page of the original Pilgrimage release found HERE. This version is based on the Altis terrain. You can also find some coop ports from other terrains HERE. Porting can be quite difficult (time consuming)if you are looking for detailed authenticity, but definitely doable. I'll look through some of my old files to see if I made any notes on how to remedy some stuff in the port process. Once you get it working though, playing coop is the best way to enjoy Arma imo. Many players seem to have moved on but I miss those days. Give it a try and good luck.

Personally, I won't be porting anymore. I still enjoy SP with all enemies on 100% and ambient combat & artillery ON !!!

PILGRIMAGE...the best mod ever made for ARMA.

I don't get it... it said, that his was the location - the church I'm at in this video - and there is a green objective symbol on the church.

But I just can't find the body... could you please help me figure this out? Is this a bug, like it spawned in the ground or in the inaccessible part of the church?

https://youtu.be/YvdzWHN2UEw

Thanks!

But I just can't find the body

...there have been times when the body might be hidden under a building. I don't ever recall this happening on Altis but it has happened on other ported terrains. Maybe non-default (older) buildings might be hiding it under floors and such.

Sorry I can't give a solid answer.

In general, the body is marked in 3D with white exclamation mark (once "spotted" by the protagonist - close and in sight). I probably see it briefly during your footage, like at 0:37 or 2:01 for instance - you're not going there during recorded gameplay. And true, despite code tries to put the body on the open space near (50-100 meters or so) the chapel, it may fail on some custom maps and put it overlapping with the building etc. Rare, I hope, but may happen. Each play the body is located elsewhere, position picked randomly BTW. It should be never inside the chapel though. 

• Like 1

Man, thanks so much for taking your time and the prompt answer!! Really appreciate it!

Yeah, I noticed that body, but couldn't "do" anything with it (search for intel, load into car)... but you confirming, I just tried parking my car next to the body. This time I could load it in and the intel was laying under the body.

Thanks for this mission 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Upon starting I can't seem to buy stuff from traders. This related to the rep system? So far i'm neutral with the civies

...Sorry I can't help you this one. My hunch is that Traders may not be active on this port. Rydygier would be able clear this up for you.

• Thanks 1

@Rydygiernot sure if this is the correct thread to @ you but does the rep system affect when you can trade with available traders? So far cant trade with any civilian traders but still havent earned much rep and still neutral with civies in this mission

Not sure, what you mean exactly by "can't trade", but reputation is not involved. In general here are "Buy stuff" action visibility conditions for civilian merchants:

"(((player distance _target) < 8 ) and {(alive _target) and {not ((RYD_JR_inStealth) or {RYD_JR_inCombat})}})"

So must be closer, than 8 meters, merchant must be alive, you don't know about any enemy and no enemy knows about you. It is similar also for other services, like doctors or mechanics.