banebu

Server not showing suggested/required mods

Recently we've run into an issue due to the recent Arma 3 update, the one prior to contact DLC, that our server stopped showing mods on the server to our users. Our command prompt does have the list of mods under -mods="@example", and we've also tried enabling verifysignatures=2 and adding the public keys of some of the more popular mods such as ace as an effort to test if that would help it show up but no mods will show up. 

A quick search for Balkan Operational Unit on the arma 3 server list will show you that despite having mods on the server and the missions requiring specific ones that the server itself always shows "no mods". I'm hoping someone here can help us with the issue since we are a unit that is growing fairly fast and it's getting hard to dictate what mods need to be loaded to every member.

Hello, Welcome to BIS forums, sorry to read about your troubles.

Is your server a dedicated or rented server?

Please post your Server.cfg hiding any server admin/passwords.

Also please post your server's RPT log, once you have found it open it with notepad or wordpad, copy everything, then paste it here:

https://justpaste.it/

then once pasted click on the publish button on the bottom, and then paste the link in your reply.

It's a rented server, could you explain to me how to find the RPT log? Or what exactly is RPT log even. 

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// STEAM

steamport		=2317;
steamqueryport        	=2318;

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname        	= "Balkan Operational Unit | TS3: ts.ts-hosting.me:10059";        // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

reportingIP         	= "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";            	// This is the default setting. Leave empty for private servers if you do not want your server listed publicly
logFile            	= "A3Master.log";
verifySignatures     	= 0;
BattlEye                = 0;

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={
    "",
    "Dobrodosli u Balkan Operational Unit Server!",
    "Molimo pripazite kako se ponasate",
    "__________     SYSTEM MESSAGES __________",
    "Uzivajte u igranju",
    "IMPORTANT   Verify Signatures is enabled",
    "Ne trolajte...",
    "TS3 Server:     ts.ts-hosting.me:10059",
    "Web:            www.Pingperfect.com",
    "TS3 Server:     ts.ts-hosting.me:10059",
    "__________     END OF MESSAGE __________"
};
motdInterval 		= 5;            // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers		= 50;	// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers	= 1;        	// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold		= 0.33;     	// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
//voteMissionPlayers	= 1;

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN		= 1;        	// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality         = 8;        	// Quality from 1 to 10
persistent		= 1;        	// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions {}

kickDuplicate = 1;
equalModRequired = 0;
requiredSecureId = 2;
timeStampFormat = "short";

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";					//
onUserDisconnected = "";				//
doubleIdDetected = "";					//

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";		// unsigned data detected
onHackedData = 	"kick (_this select 0)";	//"ban (_this select 0)";			// tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";

This is the cfg file. I actually managed to fix the issue though after just clean wiping the server and setting everything up from scratch again. I'm not sure what the issue was. 
I did run into a new issue where mods are showing as missing but in total the mods "Content required by the server" include the amount of missing mods regardless. As in we have 21 mods on the server, it shows 18/2/1. Yet it automatically tries to load all 21 mods and I'm not quite understanding why is that.

1 hour ago, banebu said:

could you explain to me how to find the RPT log? Or what exactly is RPT log even. 

You'll have to look through the server folders, i forget the folder setup for it, but what your looking for is a notepad text document or file that will say rtp and then time and date on it.

Everytime you start the server an rpt log is created, its the same with the game itself, to give you an idea where the rpt is and what it looks like on for your own game it will be here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

then you open the folder and it will have the word rpt in the title of it.

Rpt log is just that a log of whats going on, on the server, it will show the server's command line, what mods your running, mission, ect,. as well as any errors, or issues,

with that information you can decipher what the problem could be whether a mission requires a mod and its not on the server or if there is something wrong with a script preventing

the server from starting, but as a server renter thats the number one thing you want to look at when some issues are going on with the server that you cant determine.

1 hour ago, banebu said:

As in we have 21 mods on the server, it shows 18/2/1. Yet it automatically tries to load all 21 mods and I'm not quite understanding why is that.

Can you post your server's command line?

it will show all the mods that you are running and trying to load.

A suggestion if i may, what i suggest is to create multiple command lines for certain missions that only require certain mods, loading alot or all the mods at once when

some aren't or are not going to be used can cause conflicts on the server, depends its like in your own computer when you load up 50 mods when only 2 are being used

the game has to do alot of work just to load them mods up, why i suggest keep your mods to a minimum to only what you need a mission requires, also some things

you can do with scripting and in the description.ext depending what your looking to do.

Switching a command line is a matter of clicking a button so it takes nothing and no time to do, but lets see what mods you are running, and also try to locate the rpt

is it possible you can post a screenshot of your server's directory where all the files are then i can probably tell you where the rpt might be?

Its been since last year since i rented my own server so my memory is a little shoddy atm for knowing where the directories are, also who are you renting from?

18 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

You'll have to look through the server folders, i forget the folder setup for it, but what your looking for is a notepad text document or file that will say rtp and then time and date on it.

Everytime you start the server an rpt log is created, its the same with the game itself, to give you an idea where the rpt is and what it looks like on for your own game it will be here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

then you open the folder and it will have the word rpt in the title of it.

Rpt log is just that a log of whats going on, on the server, it will show the server's command line, what mods your running, mission, ect,. as well as any errors, or issues,

with that information you can decipher what the problem could be whether a mission requires a mod and its not on the server or if there is something wrong with a script preventing

the server from starting, but as a server renter thats the number one thing you want to look at when some issues are going on with the server that you cant determine.

I've checked literally every folder on the server, I have not find any evidence of an RPT file at all. 

20 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

A suggestion if i may, what i suggest is to create multiple command lines for certain missions that only require certain mods, loading alot or all the mods at once when

some aren't or are not going to be used can cause conflicts on the server, depends its like in your own computer when you load up 50 mods when only 2 are being used

the game has to do alot of work just to load them mods up, why i suggest keep your mods to a minimum to only what you need a mission requires, also some things

you can do with scripting and in the description.ext depending what your looking to do.

We do have the server set up in that fashion so that is not an issue.

21 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Can you post your server's command line?

it will show all the mods that you are running and trying to load.

I can not copy the command line due to how the hosting service is set up, we use pingperfect for our server hosting services. However I can post the mod line to you since that is all you're interested in anyways

@CBA_A3;@ace;@Cup Terrains - Core;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSAF;@ShackTac User Interface;@task_force_radio;@ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;@ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces;@ACE Compat - RHS- GREF;@BackpackOnChest;@Enhanced Movement;@Balkan Armed Forces;@WMO - Walkable Moving Objects;@RHSSAF;@Rested Weapon Movement;@ACEX;@3CB Factions;@Vcom AI V3.3.2;@Kujari

9 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

No, using google is not hard. But I guess reading is considering if you did you would know this isn't the RPT I'm looking for.

45 minutes ago, banebu said:

I've checked literally every folder on the server, I have not find any evidence of an RPT file at all.  

On the command line do you have logs off or a -nologs parameter setup if you do then an rpt is generated still but wont be anything in it.

Check your server's commandline for parameters these will be things like -mod= and -nologs do you have these?

im assuming according to pingperfect you have a button on your gamepanel that takes you to the configuration section, is there a commandline editor in there?

Can you take a screenshot of your commandlines?

52 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

What you linked is local and wouldn't be setup or the same with a rented server.

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

On the command line do you have logs off or a -nologs parameter setup if you do then an rpt is generated still but wont be anything in it.

Check your server's commandline for parameters these will be things like -mod= and -nologs do you have these?

im assuming according to pingperfect you have a button on your gamepanel that takes you to the configuration section, is there a commandline editor in there?

it's just a ui with a lot of text boxs i can guarantee you tho that logs are definitely not off and i did write you what's under my mods section

You should be able to locate it then.

Would you mind that i access your server and look through the files maybe i can search as the rpt might be named something else, but normally its called rpt.

Set me up as a subuser and give me access to the command panel and i will take a look, send me the info through pm if your ok with this.