l4rs1988

Arma 3 server browser disabling internet

I've noticed that using the server browser in the Launcher completely kills my connection and I must exit the launcher and wait a couple of minutes before it goes back. The problem seems to appear when the list reach 1500 or so servers, before it seem fine but not always.

I've tried pretty much any fix I've found without success (lowering max ping/minute, setting CafeRate in the registry, contacting my ISP, changing router firmware). My router is a Asus Gt AC5300 so it's pretty powerful, and have the DoS prevention function disabled.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

Yep have same issues here. Its not your ISP or router it's something with the game.

On my end I should note that i'm using the latest Insider Preview Copy of Windows 10 which is in alpha state or whatever they say in Agile now a days.

• Like 1

I also have that. Can't search servers with the Launcher or my internet stops to work.

We need an option the lower the number of queryes per second.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:08 AM, BRPVP said:

We need an option the lower the number of queryes per second.

You can do that. It's in your steam settings.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 6:42 AM, Dedmen said:

You can do that. It's in your steam settings.

Dedmen, Arma 3 Launcher reads this Steam setting?

8 hours ago, BRPVP said:

Dedmen, Arma 3 Launcher reads this Steam setting?

No. Arma 3 Launcher asks steam to query for it.

I have noticed that I can fix the problem setting the "max pings per minute" value to 250, but than it takes ages to fill the server list. What I can't understand it's how a high end router like the ac5300 can't handle this...

1 hour ago, l4rs1988 said:

What I can't understand it's how a high end router like the ac5300 can't handle this...

It probably can. But many routers also have a "flood protection" to protect against DoS/DDoS attacks. Maybe just look through your router settings to see if you can find anything.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:13 PM, l4rs1988 said:

My router is a Asus Gt AC5300 so it's pretty powerful, and have the DoS prevention function disabled.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help! 

Is your PC connected via Wi-Fi to the router?
I have a younger model of ASUS RT-N16 router. My PC is connected to the LAN port of the router.
For 1 minute, I get about 4700 servers in the list, without losing internet connection.

I've already disabled the DDos protection but sadly nothing changed. Actually the PC is connected with the ethernet cable, I'll try wirelessly maybe

9 hours ago, l4rs1988 said:

I've already disabled the DDos protection but sadly nothing changed. Actually the PC is connected with the ethernet cable, I'll try wirelessly maybe 

1. You can try to disconnect the wire, and then turn it on again. Do this at both ends of the wire. Sometimes it is useful, since contacts can oxidize for some time.
2. Check the "state of the Internet" - there should be "speed - 1Gb \ s"
3. If possible, check the entire wire for external damage.

I've connected my Pc directly to the modem, bypassing the router, but the problem it's still there. 

2 minutes ago, l4rs1988 said:

I've connected my Pc directly to the modem, bypassing the router, but the problem it's still there.  

1. The same wire? Is it possible to try another wire?
2. Go to https://www.speedtest.net/, check your IP address and whether the city where you are connected to the Internet is determined correctly.

Unluckily I can't test with another wire because it's fixed, but I don't think that's the problem, when i'm ingame everything works flawless, it's just the damn server browser.

I've done this test: http://www.dslreports.com/tools/pingtest and it says that everything is perfect (A+) 

17 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Go to https://www.speedtest.net/, check your IP address and whether the city where you are connected to the Internet is determined correctly.

I've checked and it's correct. I'll try to connect another pc directly to the modem and see if the problem persists, otherwise I don't really know what to do. I've read that it can be related to the NAT tables but I'm not an expert at all...

3 hours ago, l4rs1988 said:

I've checked and it's correct. I'll try to connect another pc directly to the modem and see if the problem persists, otherwise I don't really know what to do. I've read that it can be related to the NAT tables but I'm not an expert at all...

Press Win + R, write - cmd
1. On the CMD command line, type (without quotes) - "ping 8.8.8.8 -t".
8.8.8.8 - This is the IP address of www.google.com
See how stable you will be getting ping and there should be no "waiting interval exceeded."
2. In the CMD command line write (without quotes) - "tracert 8.8.8.8".
At all sites, there should be a stable ping without long time delay intervals.

Ok I think I have finally fixed the problem: I've requested a static IP to my ISP and so long it's working as intended. Thank you all for the help! 

• Thanks 1