devildog664

How to make objects greyed out objects before placement?

As the title states how do make objects greyed out objects before placement? Im building a system to allow the player to place certain objects like sandbags, MG nests, ect but want to have what ever they are going to place in front of them and greyed out along with being see through. So basically like how before you place an object in Zeus it just shows you almost like a grey out line of it. I cannot find any info on doing this so any help in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks 

you could try to set the alpha value of the objects textures:

to do this for all changeable object textures you could do this:

_textures = getObjectTextures _yourObject;

{
 _yourObject setObjectTextureGlobal [ _forEachIndex, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,0.5)"];
} forEach _textures;

at the time you want to set its original textures back you do:

{
 _yourObject setObjectTextureGlobal [ _forEachIndex, _x];
} forEach _textures;

• Like 3

Awesome will try it out. I didn’t even think of trying to search ghost objects that makes more sense haha. 

@devildog664

I've tried various things. What we did find was that a VR man can be changed including his skin...

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/220418-create-see-through-object-or-ghost/?tab=comments#comment-3325182

There are lots of textures you can use. I tried using a glass window to some effect but it's not quite perfect. In A3\Data_F\

look for all the *.rvmat textures...

eg

mirror.rvmat

default.rvmat

and they are hidden in other folders to..

A3\Structures_F\Data\Windows\window_set.rvmat

Atmo

• Thanks 1