Wiket

Removing Halo Jump animation

Has anyone figured out how to make it so you NEVER enter that 100m halo animation???

Arma. Halo "High altitude - low opening".

When you are flying high in the air, your body goes into the parachute jump animation with arms stretched out. He's asking how to prevent that animation from starting.

I don't know a way to prevent it.

Could probably run a check for the animation when freefalling, if player is in that anim state, then change it to something else?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dave_beastttt said:

run a check for the animation when freefalling

Hello there Wiket !

Not sure about the animation name :

(and i can't test this on right now , but it should be ok )

waitUntil {uisleep 1;animationState _this == "HaloFreeFall_non"};
//	_this switchMove "add_the_new_animation_here";
[_this,"add_the_new_animation_here"]remoteExec["switchMove",0];	//	add_the_new_animation_here

On 5/31/2019 at 8:00 AM, Wiket said:

Has anyone figured out how to make it so you NEVER enter that 100m halo animation???

Why? Are you having issues with units placed on very tall buildings? Or do you want another anim instead?

We can't really answer without knowing that : the solution will be different depending on your needs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Arma. Halo "High altitude - low opening".

When you are flying high in the air, your body goes into the parachute jump animation with arms stretched out. He's asking how to prevent that animation from starting.

I don't know a way to prevent it.

It was a joke... HALO is a game also and the question was so... vague, as Haleks noted.

You can:

player addEventHandler ["animChanged", {
  params ["_unit", "_anim"];
  hint str [_unit,_anim];
  if (["halofree",_anim] call Bis_fnc_instring) then {_unit switchMove ""}

}];

but that needs a first "change" in animation, like key "forward" to cancel the animation on a simple teleportation. So, feel free to make some scripted change before this EH.

• Like 1

Sorry, didnt get any notifications about this. Basically trying to remove the animation entirely. Creating a MP scenario and some of the things take place high in the ski (above 100m) and sometimes when getting out of vics or running down stairs people will get thrown into the animation.

This may be a little late to the party, but if anyone else was looking for the solution and couldn't get pierremgi's code to work, use this version of it instead:

this addEventHandler ["AnimChanged", { 
}];

The problem with the other code was the hint line causing issues. Just tried it on my floating platform with enhanced movement enabled and every jump that used to throw my character into a freefall dive loop now just stands straight up!

On 11/21/2020 at 2:16 AM, bijx said:

This may be a little late to the party, but if anyone else was looking for the solution and couldn't get pierremgi's code to work, use this version of it instead:

this addEventHandler ["AnimChanged", { 
}];

The problem with the other code was the hint line causing issues. Just tried it on my floating platform with enhanced movement enabled and every jump that used to throw my character into a freefall dive loop now just stands straight up!

This is even more late but I found this and if it works its great, but how do I apply it? an Init.sqf? Init of a player or a trigger's "on activation" field?